It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Trying to convince people to download a huge file that they can't even read/open and don't even know if it's safe to download is a ridiculously STUPID way of going about it. Nobody wants to touch this file/files....could be a virus, trojan, tracker...who knows.

Good point regarding potential virus, trojan, etc...

And where in the world did you get that this is a "Psyops"? I did not read that anywhere in the original message put forth by the Anon source/s....

Nobody said anything about psyops in this thread - this is just something I've been pondering for awhile. The nature of being alert and trying to interpret what you THINK you know opens all of us up to being manipulated into acting in a predetermined way.

The larger issue being discussed is whether or not this potentially could be used to justify some sort of draconian measures by those that might want to significantly limit the internet (I'm not saying this is possible or probable). If one asks cui bono, it is not a stretch to see this as a ploy by those in control... The general public would be psyched out into thinking the control is justified. Therefore classic psyops.

Whether they release the key...remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Me either...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron

I have to retract my former statement, I was wrong...they DID release the files....EXCEPT THEY ARE ENCRYPTED!!

What a bunch of elitist JERKS!

Why not release the file in the first place unencrypted so that all may disseminate the information and let the chips fall as they may...good grief. If you are going to release something, just friggin do it people...don't be a jerk/tease. If Anon truly wants to change things, then they have to stop playing games like this, and actually just release sh*t...release the files EVERYWHERE, UNENCRYPTED, now that would have been something to actually get excited about, not just this retarded "we're gonna threaten you with an ENCRYPTED FILE THAT NOBODY CAN READ" tripe...pfft...Anon, you strike out yet again. #EPICFAIL #FAILBLOG #FAIL

/rant

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: FAIL

Think about it carefully - if the files are widely distributed, i.e. not centralized, TPTB effectively lose ALL control of suppressing them. The files are what take up the most bandwidth, are obvious, and require infrastructure for download. Encryption keys are small, portable, and easily disseminated outside of normal communication channels. I think their dissemination strategy is brilliant...

As for who "they" really are - false flag or legit - who knows...

Psyops puts us in a logical conundrum - If we do something, TPTB will use it as an excuse to exert more control. If we do nothing, then we're complicit in furthering our own slavery. Face it - there are no easy answers and learn to live with ambiguity.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Trying to convince people to download a huge file that they can't even read/open and don't even know if it's safe to download is a ridiculously STUPID way of going about it. Nobody wants to touch this file/files....could be a virus, trojan, tracker...who knows.

And where in the world did you get that this is a "Psyops"? I did not read that anywhere in the original message put forth by the Anon source/s....

If they really wanted people to download this they would NOT have encrypted it at all....and made it abundantly clear what was in the file. Which is why I will stick to my opinion that they have failed miserably again...their demands will not be met EVER..of that you can be sure. Whether they release the key...remains to be seen, but I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with the sentiments of just releasing the file and are moving toward another fail while gaining a lot of attention.

I don't agree that the files downloaded, in themselves, are going to do anything bad to any computer by being downloaded. To do damage, the file would need to be executed in some way, and just by downloading these files and not being able to do anything with them except try your luck at cracking them... Or they could just be a joke and a bluff.

Also if anyone does any downloading, it is good to consider using Peerblock in my opinion =D

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tehdouglas
Ive never seen anonymous do anything other than make youtube videos and take over a website now and then. I have no reason to believe they have anything meaningful to offer other than rhetoric.

I feel the same exact way. People continue to root for them, yet if they were all they say they are then why not take down the power grid? Why not actually remove money from big accounts that the government officials own and give it out to all of the poor folks? To me they are not really doing much of anything other then acting like a flea on a buffalo's back. It isn't going to harm anything just be annoying as hell.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
absolute power corrupts absolutely, it doesn't discriminate.... that goes for anyone that controls the masses.

Except for Lord God that is.. which is by design.

How does anyone in power get around this fact. History shows you cant. It all ends the same.

Have Fun

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Unless i seriously missed something, this was all just another hoax.

In today's media driven world Anon has to know you move fast or you are forgotten.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

bookmarking... love this thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hello all.

I joined this site, because I..like you am a seeker of truth and was looking for an active community. There are a few things in which I feel obligated to address in making this my first post. It is understood that many of you may question the motives of Anonymous, and as a very cynicle person myself...I can appreciate this sentiment. I would like to make a few things known to those who may not be familiar with the idea that is Anonymous. Anonymous is not one person, nor is it governed by anyone...it is nothing more than a collective of people with various skill sets who believe in transparency of government..the same thing I believe most of us all believe is a lost principle of our nation. Anyone who wishes to act under the guise of anonymous to expose truth, defend against oppression, and censorship may do so..politicized anons are not restricted to hackers. I admit Anonymous is not impenetrable to the likes of the CIA, or those who wish to corrupt its ideals. This has been made known by many anons world wide, warning of a false flag attack to blacklist and defame any credibility. But you cannot kill an idea, an idea lives forever.

As to those awaiting the leakage from the DOJ, be patient. There are many trials and tribulations to making this knowledge available. The intrusion into the DOJ will be made a very serious offense, and as stated..the source to which this information leaks must have very secure methods of receiving it. I would take no offense to those who challenge my thought on this information existing, but if you taking nothing else from this...I beg of you to consider: Even if there are no leaks, the DOJ must understand there are repercussions for their refusal to take action. This was done for Aaron, this was done for freedom of knowledge, and this was done in response to an unbalanced and prejudice justice system. Aaron's blood is on their hands.

To those concerned about the effect this could have on internet freedom, your internet freedom has already been compromised. Egyptian government, in a further attempt to oppress its people during the riots..cut off all connection to the internet. Anons banded together and sent them instructions on how to bring it back up. The internet will not be silenced, and the minute there is any attempt to sever that connection..it may just be the wake up call to the people you all...that WE all, yearn for.

That being said, I look forward to conspire with you all.
edit on 30-1-2013 by FromAshes because: autocorrect.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FromAshes
Even if there are no leaks, the DOJ must understand there are repercussions for their refusal to take action. This was done for Aaron, this was done for freedom of knowledge, and this was done in response to an unbalanced and prejudice justice system. Aaron's blood is on their hands.

That being said, I look forward to conspire with you all.

Hello and welcome! Fantastic introductory post too!

On your point about no leaks, I have 2 responses:
- Anon was supposed to have released SOME form of redacted communication by now. Still... Nothing. Even their twitter (oplastresort) page is outdated. They made headlines, put out 1.3gb of encrypted files, and don't follow through with what they will say they will do? What is one left to think?

- How will the DOJ "understand there are repercussions"... when nothing has been done on behalf of Anon to lend any credibility to what they say?

So far this story is empty. Anon has not delivered anything redacted, as they were supposed to choose one media outlet and supply them with heavily redacted partial contents of the file. Just sayin' what I'm thinking...

And again, welcome =)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Anon is not the government. Anon is a loosely affiliated group of individuals, with even more loosely affiliated individuals in the outer circle. You could say they have a congregation.

Saying that Anon is the government is utter nonsense. The core group of Anons doesn't act rashly. That is why you haven't seen your miracle fixes. Anon isn't stupid enough to take on the titans of government without due cause. Want to know why? Why don't you ask us. anoncentral.tumblr.com...

This message is to be taken seriously. The Anons who made it are overly fond of the verbose nature of the character V, hence the scrabble of words. The directive within, however, is genuine.

How do I know this? Because I am Anon.

Many of you have been waiting to see the proverbial "shot heard round the world" of our time. You have witnessed it.

The game is on.

~*We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us!*~

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Attrition is always on the side of those who wish to disclose knowledge, it is those who wish to suppress it that we count on to act with haste.

Thank you for your warm welcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

No they may be a loosely nit group of hackers that call themselves Anon. But you there are CIAnon also.
They like to run around and pretend they are anon to make the case that anon are domestic terrorists.

Then the leninist hijacked government censors the internet like china does. Saying "the internet is too free and (imaginary) extremist evildoers will use it to attack us freedom loving westerners!"

Nahh controlled opposition to legitimize the cyber-terrorism false flag operation. Anon really thinks they can play games with these ruthless,child raping,drug dealing, warmongers.

Come on guys its not that easy. It never is.
edit on 30-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Because my 22 year old self is totally CIA. LULZ!

Just be patient people. One way or another, things are going to change. Either they will, or we are.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FromAshes

Is it ironic that a group centered around the ideal of the freedom of all information is concealing information for it's own "vague" purposes?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

We have concealed nothing. The files have been released.

But that is besides the point. We have reached an inevitable standoff with the United States government, the conclusion of which will be satisfied by one of two conditions. Change, or chaos. The proverbial ball is no longer in our court, it is in the hands of your government.

In the meantime, we are pursuing alternative means to seek change. We do not wish to bring down existing walls, only to prevent new ones from being erected.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Have the key(s) been released? Encrypted files without a way to decrypt amounts to nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Have the key(s) been released? Encrypted files without a way to decrypt amounts to nothing.

To my knowledge, no keys have been released.

No "redacted" documents have been released.

The only thing released is a lot of hot air from Anonymous (as usual.)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I apologize for this, but your groups inability to follow through on it's core beliefs has left me no choice...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Life was ever going great for you, with your rich parents.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So now Anonymous released information on 4k banks supposedly, on their OpLastResort twitter page. More attention grabbing?

Also they are threatening to release the warhead keys
... Meanwhile, still not one redacted document.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Due to few established media submissions of signed GPG keys, the first release of contents of Warhead1 may be public, and soon #opLastResort

Guess they are determining if it is worth the jail time which is what they are trying to change by doing it. I wouldn't want to be the 'new guy'.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join