It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Gov Site, posts video- Claims to have armed "cyber" nuclear warheads

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
dont listen to this BS
Remember Top Gear is on tonight

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I don't know how to feel about Anonymous. I was pretty peeved at these guys when they took down the Playstation Network for a month 2 years ago, but I got over it. I think the message that they are stating here is good, but I want to see what information that they have and what can be done with it. I feel like if this group isn't a government false flag group then they can be exactly what we need to get the ball rolling to retake our country from the parasite that has become our government. Yet I will not back them until they actually do something of note to prove that they aren't some sort of false flag group. This could be something like releasing information that could severely damage the reputations of many high placed people in the government right now. So I will wait to see what this info that they have contains.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have to retract my former statement, I was wrong...they DID release the files....EXCEPT THEY ARE ENCRYPTED!!

What a bunch of elitist JERKS!

Why not release the file in the first place unencrypted so that all may disseminate the information and let the chips fall as they may...good grief. If you are going to release something, just friggin do it people...don't be a jerk/tease. If Anon truly wants to change things, then they have to stop playing games like this, and actually just release sh*t...release the files EVERYWHERE, UNENCRYPTED, now that would have been something to actually get excited about, not just this retarded "we're gonna threaten you with an ENCRYPTED FILE THAT NOBODY CAN READ" tripe...pfft...Anon, you strike out yet again. #EPICFAIL #FAILBLOG #FAIL

/rant

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: spelling

edit on 27-1-2013 by AutOmatIc because: FAIL

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

"quite selfish isnt he.. but not to worry.. what he doesnt realise is that time moves on.. and that child just might grow up on the wrong end of the system."

I have looked at some of his posts and quite the contrary he appears to be a well balanced individual who uses reason.
Unlike your "A child dies every 5 seconds from starvation in the world." A bit over the top dont you think. The world makes more than enough food for everyone...but it all comes back to distribution, keeping up scarcity to sustain high food prices. So he is responsible for that child dying...how do you know which charities he donates to....

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is the same thing as the supposed Romney tax files Anonymous stole during the elections. Nothing happened.

Nothing will happen here either. Nothing ever happens. That should tell you all you need to know.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Well if you take a second to think about it. Maybe the reason that they released the files still encrypted was to show to the government that the threat they are showing is real. Give the government time to realize what information that Anonymous has so that the government realizes its error and changes. Yet I'm sure that Anonymous realizes that the government won't change despite this info and will eventually release the encryption key. Sure it seems petty, but the way I see it, Anonymous is giving the government one last chance to do the right thing before it drops this cyber "nuclear warhead" on everyone.

Of course this is all provided that Anonymous isn't part of one of the government's alphabet soup agencies.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheConstruKctionofLight
reply to post by 0mage

Unlike your "A child dies every 5 seconds from starvation in the world."

you seem to have misquoted me.. i never said that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by timetothink

You don't really want chaos.

I don't. Life is going great for me. Moving to Miami with my wife. Huge job offer that I accepted... I hope for no chaos and I hope you don't want it either

I appreciate your sane attitude, and glad you wrote this-- not just for its own sake, but also that I think it illustrates what a polarized society we've become. The well-to-do rarely want the boat rocked too hard. That's just how it is when you've got something to lose. Do understand, however, that you may be one of the more fortunate ones in our society. There are many people out there who survive on $1500-$1000 / month or less.... and by "many" I mean "millions." Many of those people would probably cheer if there were a revolution tomorrow. Living check to piddly check and having few prospects of escape has a way of doing that to a person.

Meanwhile many others live very comfortable lives-- never having to want for anything, or having to worry they might end up in a position of severe struggle and suffering (like those other millions of people). Of course there are varying degrees of this, just as there are varying degrees of being poor and struggling. But the gap seems to be widening.

The less you have, the more you possibly stand to gain by massive societal upheaval and change, it would seem. And vice versa.

Maybe if corporatism hadn't been allowed to run amok-- if "they" hadn't been allowed to stack the deck so heavily in favor of those who were already affluent, and against those at the bottom of the totem pole, we wouldn't find ourselves in this situation.

Despite being one of those who feels "stacked against" I too hope we can find a peaceful resolution that will be beneficial to all parties.

VERY well said william, I couldn't agree more. Tons of people are resisting any change because they are on the side that benefits from this controlled financial and social demolition we are seeing. These people are sadly the minority and will be the least comfortable if/when that chaos comes.
I work in a middle class technology field that either shipped most it's jobs overseas, or is now paying lower class wages now, with no benefits in a country with dwindling rights and forced mediocre healthcare.

Many have made very rational and valid points: if Anon was real and not a alphabet program then why haven't they hacked bank accounts, mortgages, student loans, and medical files and erased some struggling people's debt?? That IMO would get TONS of people behind them, and rally some major support. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of many of the documents that have surfaced thanks to Assange and others similar to Anon, but it sometimes appears to me to be driving an agenda to allow government to have the kill switch... even though it's presented to us like the exact opposite:

"We are here to help your rights and wake you up, blah blah, and we do not want them to turn off our precious interwebs, yet everything we are doing is SCREAMING at them to do just that"

The only point about the video I will agree with fully is the concept of a game you can only win by simply not playing. It seems like the current gov/financial system in this world is one that can only be won if the majority turn on a dime and just stop playing. Illogical or not I like to visualize this outcome.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Well if you take a second to think about it. Maybe the reason that they released the files still encrypted was to show to the government that the threat they are showing is real. Give the government time to realize what information that Anonymous has so that the government realizes its error and changes. Yet I'm sure that Anonymous realizes that the government won't change despite this info and will eventually release the encryption key. Sure it seems petty, but the way I see it, Anonymous is giving the government one last chance to do the right thing before it drops this cyber "nuclear warhead" on everyone.

Of course this is all provided that Anonymous isn't part of one of the government's alphabet soup agencies.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

I see your point, but their method is extremely counterproductive. The said government will NOT acquiesce to ANY demands that Anon makes ever. Which is why I have always said that if they really honestly want to change things, they are going to have to just start making things happen...as in, releasing documents UNENCRYPTED, and quit playing "Assange games". You know, claiming to have damning evidence, yet nobody ever sees what this evidence truly is. Let it all out. Because no, the government will absolutely not do the "right thing" unless it is forced to by having it's dirty secrets aired out for ALL to see. This is the only effective method in my opinion...drop the cyber warhead already...and see what happens. Otherwise, they will continue to be viewed as just full of hot air.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I agree. Don't read to far into my stance. I'm not saying I'm backing Anonymous any here. I'm just trying to look at the issue from both sides and see a logical reason as to their actions. I could just as well be completely wrong and Anonymous has some sinister motive that really doesn't benefit the people as much as they say they will.

As to the erasing of people's debt. This is a tricky path to walk down for Anonymous. I don't pretend to know their capabilities as far as hacking goes, but how much debt can they just hack and eliminate before being detected? Which people do they choose to eliminate their debt? I'm sure the government would immediately arrest anyone who benefited from this service that Anonymous would do even if these people have nothing to do with Anonymous. This could do more harm to the people then good. So instead of targeting individual people to help, they are attacking the government itself and trying to expose something to change how the whole system works.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Having read about this, I'm incredulous about some of the ludricous bs being posted on this whole thing. I don't understand why this hacker group anon is making a martyr out of this Swartz guy. The bottom line is he broke the law, and he stole. So now these anon dirtbags go and make threats to bring down the internet and release all kinds of confidential information.

I guess I'm in the minority opinion (so what else is new?), and hope they find these anon dipsh*ts, arrest them, and prosecute them. Wrong is wrong, and what this Swartz did was wrong. What anon did is wrong. No, they aren't part of the government. The government cannot keep a secret to save its life, and there's no way they could keep something like this under wraps.

Really, use some common sense! Of course, common sense seems to be sorely lacking lately. Ron White is right. You can't fix stupid. I find it inconceivable that there are people making this anon some kind of heroic group, truly in the bad comic sense. Sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiefD

Having read about this, I'm incredulous about some of the ludricous bs being posted on this whole thing. I don't understand why this hacker group anon is making a martyr out of this Swartz guy. The bottom line is he broke the law, and he stole. So now these anon dirtbags go and make threats to bring down the internet and release all kinds of confidential information.

The Truth about Aaron Swartz’s “Crime”

If the good that men do is oft interred with their bones, so be it, but in the meantime I feel a responsibility to correct some of the erroneous information being posted as comments to otherwise informative discussions at Reddit, Hacker News and Boing Boing. Apparently some people feel the need to self-aggrandize by opining on the guilt of the recently departed, and I wanted to take this chance to speak on behalf of a man who can no longer defend himself. I had hoped to ask Aaron to discuss these issues on the Defcon stage once he was acquitted, but now that he has passed it is important that his memory not be besmirched by the ignorant and uninformed. I have confirmed with Aaron’s attorneys that I am free to discuss these issues now that the criminal case is moot.

In short, Aaron Swartz was not the super hacker breathlessly described in the Government’s indictment and forensic reports, and his actions did not pose a real danger to JSTOR, MIT or the public. He was an intelligent young man who found a loophole that would allow him to download a lot of documents quickly. This loophole was created intentionally by MIT and JSTOR, and was codified contractually in the piles of paperwork turned over during discovery.

If I had taken the stand as planned and had been asked by the prosecutor whether Aaron’s actions were “wrong”, I would probably have replied that what Aaron did would better be described as “inconsiderate”. In the same way it is inconsiderate to write a check at the supermarket while a dozen people queue up behind you or to check out every book at the library needed for a History 101 paper. It is inconsiderate to download lots of files on shared wifi or to spider Wikipedia too quickly, but none of these actions should lead to a young person being hounded for years and haunted by the possibility of a 35 year sentence.

There's more detail about the case against him in the article linked - and elsewhere

Unfortunately - Aaron Swartz won't get his day in court

And - this really is a very big deal

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm on the fence until I understand the situation better.

The way it has been described, activating the warhead will run a program that will cause "collateral damage".

Does this mean that the warhead is an encrypted script/proggie that acts like a trojan when activated?

Or is it just melodramatics and the file is just a compilation of sensitive documents that have been encrypted?

There is a line in the sand called morality.....lets hope that they know the difference between activism and terrorism.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I believe that the file is a large encrypted text full of sensitive documents. These secrets must be pretty damning if Anonymous can make the comparison to a nuclear warhead though.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I really hope they finally release something. Something big. They need a huge credibility boost. So far it's mostly talk and a few small local actions for special causes.

They can't keep making these kinds of claims with zero follow through. It really hurts their image. If nothing happens after this high profile threat I think the media is going to start losing interest. How many times can you hype a threat that never pans out before people stop getting scared, or show any interest at all? I don't want to see them go down like this, but if they can't deliver then we'll soon find out. They said the game wasn't winnable for the other side, only option is to not play, so Anon has to make their move then, right? It's all or nothing at this point.
edit on 27-1-2013 by Operations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes good idea! Give them a second chance.......

and a 3rd 4th 5th 6 billion'th
for F''' sake DO SOME THING!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Anon has already been proven to be a compromised group. anyone remember this?
www.cnbc.com...
www.ft.com...

Just what has anon actually done of any use? cybervandalism and pranks. wheres the smoking guns? CIA drug running? Benghazi? US supporting al quida? 9 11 short selling, UFO pictures, something. No, instead they jack gov websites and post threatening vids. Does that have any truther value? Not at all. If on the other hand you're a gov stooge looking for excuses to censor or lock down the internet, great legislative value.
edit on 27-1-2013 by robobbob because: xxbb

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
ZDNET: Anonymous re-hacks USSC again today. Puts Asteroids Video Game Up

The U.S. Sentencing Commission website has been hacked again and a code distributed by Anonymous "Operation Last Resort" turns ussc.gov into a playable video game. Visitors enter the code, and then the website that sets guidelines for sentencing in United States Federal courts becomes "Asteroids." Shooting away at the ussc.gov webpage reveals an image of Anonymous. The trademark Anonymous "Guy Fawkes" face is comprised of white text saying, "We do not forgive. We do not forget."

Link www.zdnet.com...

www.ussc.gov is currently down again including its IP

I know a lot of people are assuming this is some sort of a hint that is related to asteroids hitting earth, Personally I just think they are showing the control they currently have.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I personally have always believed this "Anonymous" group belongs to TPTB. If these people were for real, TPTB would do anything it takes to neutralize them.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Something that seems to be not seen, is they can not shut down the web.
Sure they can shut down our web, but what good would that do nothing.

They the governments depend on the web more than we do.
They run the world by the web and even if they shut down our little Facebook and YouTube, you think they will shut their selves down.

If Anonymous, are as good as they say they are what difference, would it make, Hillary don't even read any of her millions of messages maybe she reads a couple.

If they have launch codes the only thing they can do in to go in and disarm the nuke manually and fast so they don't change the detonation codes also as to where it is located.

I didn't know they hacked Fox live, these dudes are bad and full of hate from what they say.
edit on 27-1-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join