It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein Releases List of Guns Demanded to be Banned.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why is an AR .22lr on the list? Because it looks like a more dangerous weapon? Come on, if they plan to ban that why don't they say all .22lr semiautomatic guns.

Maybe they should consider banning AR airsoft guns. Those are scary too! Take all the boomerangs and butter knives as well

I still can't believe she is in office.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArnoldNonymous

If looks could kill........this bill would make more sense.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Man I'm getting fed up with the government. We need to do something so that they get the message to stop this nonsense. I really don't want a civil war, but all the peaceful attempts to change the government have failed. They try to label the pro gun side as gun nuts effectively demonizing us while trying to pass laws backed by fear. I really hope that the American public finally gets the picture if this bill is passed and wakes up to the corruption of this government.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone posted it yet, but wasn't in the OP other than link to image...Here is the list..

Here is the list of 157 makes and models of banned guns:

RIFLES:

All AK types, including the following: AK, AK47, AK47S, AK–74, AKM, AKS, ARM, MAK90, MISR, NHM90, NHM91, Rock River Arms LAR–47, SA85, SA93, Vector Arms AK–47, VEPR, WASR–10, and WUM, IZHMASH Saiga AK, MAADI AK47 and ARM, Norinco 56S, 56S2, 84S, and 86S, Poly Technologies AK47 and AKS.

All AR types, including the following: AR–10, AR–15, Armalite M15 22LR Carbine, Armalite M15–T, Barrett REC7, Beretta AR–70, Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Colt Match Target Rifles, DoubleStar AR rifles, DPMS Tactical Rifles, Heckler & Koch MR556, Olympic Arms, Remington R–15 rifles, Rock River Arms LAR–15, Sig Sauer SIG516 rifles, Smith & Wesson M&P15 Rifles, Stag Arms AR rifles, Sturm, Ruger & Co. SR556 rifles; Barrett M107A1; Barrett M82A1; Beretta CX4 Storm; Calico Liberty Series; CETME Sporter; Daewoo K–1, K–2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR 110C; Fabrique Nationale/FN Herstal FAL, LAR, 22 FNC, 308 Match, L1A1 Sporter, PS90, SCAR, and FS2000; Feather Industries AT–9; Galil Model AR and Model ARM; Hi-Point Carbine; HK–91, HK–93, HK–94, HK–PSG–1 and HK USC; Kel-Tec Sub–2000, SU–16, and RFB; SIG AMT, SIG PE–57, Sig Sauer SG 550, and Sig Sauer SG 551; Springfield Armory SAR–48; Steyr AUG; Sturm, Ruger Mini-14 Tactical Rife M–14/20CF.

All Thompson rifles, including the following: Thompson M1SB, Thompson T1100D, Thompson T150D, Thompson T1B, Thompson T1B100D, Thompson T1B50D, Thompson T1BSB, Thompson T1–C, Thompson T1D, Thompson T1SB, Thompson T5, Thompson T5100D, Thompson TM1, Thompson TM1C; UMAREX UZI Rifle; UZI Mini Carbine, UZI Model A Carbine, and UZI Model B Carbine; Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78; Vector Arms UZI Type; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine.

PISTOLS:

All AK–47 types, including the following: Centurion 39 AK pistol, Draco AK–47 pistol, HCR AK–47 pistol, IO Inc. Hellpup AK–47 pistol, Krinkov pistol, Mini Draco AK–47 pistol, Yugo Krebs Krink pistol.

All AR–15 types, including the following: American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol; Calico Liberty pistols; DSA SA58 PKP FAL pistol; Encom MP–9 and MP–45; Heckler & Koch model SP-89 pistol; Intratec AB–10, TEC–22 Scorpion, TEC–9, and TEC–DC9; Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol.

The following MAC types: MAC–10, MAC–11; Masterpiece Arms MPA A930 Mini Pistol, MPA460 Pistol, MPA Tactical Pistol, and MPA Mini Tactical Pistol; Military Armament Corp. Ingram M–11, Velocity Arms VMAC; Sig Sauer P556 pistol; Sites Spectre.

All Thompson types, including the following: Thompson TA510D, Thompson TA5.

All UZI types, including: Micro-UZI.

SHOTGUNS:

Franchi LAW–12 and SPAS 12

All IZHMASH Saiga 12 types, including the following: IZHMASH Saiga 12, IZHMASH Saiga 12S, IZHMASH Saiga 12S EXP–01, IZHMASH Saiga 12K, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–030, IZHMASH Saiga 12K–040 Taktika; Streetsweeper; Striker 12.

BELT-FED FIREARMS:

All belt-fed semiautomatic firearms including TNW M2HB.

EDIT TO ADD:

The bill would also outlaw the sale, importation and manufacture of ammunition magazines that accept more than 10 rounds.

Based on the legislation, called "The Assault Weapons Ban of 2013," Americans would be able to keep certain weapons if they were already in their possession when the bill was enacted, and exemptions would be made for specific hunting and sporting weapons, as well as antique or disabled weapons.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
They try to label the pro gun side as gun nuts effectively demonizing us while trying to pass laws backed by fear.

I think fear and emotion certainly does drive the agenda from gun control advocates. The school shootings are terrifying to the average American citizen, but there appears to be a rationality interjected, those that think the 2nd Amendment should be abolished are a very tiny fraction of gun-control advocates and this is born out in surveys and national discourse. Even the President in his speech on gun control stated this..

like the majority of Americans, I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual a right to bear arms. This country has a strong tradition of gun ownership that’s been handed down from generation to generation.

Now...again your post...

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
They try to label the pro gun side as gun nuts effectively demonizing us while trying to pass laws backed by fear.

The pro-gun lobby has talked about the UN invading and occupying America, a rising of a 3rd Riech in America and likened the President who stated "I believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual a right to bear arms. " as the second comming of Hitler hell bent on destroying this country and argued that Skeeter in Alabama needs his AK-47 or the Nazi's will take-over.

Who again is demonizing folks? Using "fear"????

Who is right or wrong...whether stricter gun regulations make a difference is a different subject...but on the issue of who is bringing rational thought vs. fear mongering to the debate...the Pro-Gun Lobby loses....and frankly I wish they would bring more sane rhetoric to the discussion, cuz some opposed to gun-regulation make very good arguments, ones that are needed in the discourse. Thier voices are getting drowned out by the crazies.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Skilled trackers/hunters are one short step away from being guerrilla fighters. All they need is cause.

Street gangs are already guerrilla fighters in all but name...

There are literally thousands of trained shooters, who could give fits to a regular military force. All they need is a reason.

Vietnam. Afghanistan (many times). ...and many other places where an outnumbered, certainly outgunned, people rose up and kicked butt.

Should it come to armed revolt, and I pray that it doesn't, the armed forces, those who go along with it, won't find it a walk over, not even remotely.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ArnoldNonymous

Because it looks like an assault rifle.

I have an AR 22LR (my youngest son bought it, so its 'mine' until he is of age). The only difference between it and another auto action 22LR is the appearance, and the way it loads. On my other one, it loads in the stock (a little tube you put them in). Otherwise, I can use both to fire the same amount of shots with the same amount of accuracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

We need to be gathering signatures for state initiatives which negate the gun control legislation, call for state jail sentences for federal agents who try to over step the law and which call for a National Guard response to any possible military involvement.

Possible even initiatives which call for the creation of a new state sponsored militia which can be absorbed by the National Guard when needed! At least this way people can be trained.

We need ballot issues that the people can vote into law! We must mount a lawful defense. If the will of the poeple is trampled then we are within the law with a response. When our represenatives serve the interest of the White House vs the interest on the people then we have no represenation.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The easiest way to tell if something is a propa piece, a good "Litmus Test", is to watch whether the interviewer or moderator ever asks or says anything contrary to the guests opinion. If it is not critically examined, and is instead just fed more and more ammo, then what you are watching is likely scripted, partisan trash. Whether or not the points made in the video have any merit, I couldn't say. But the way it is presented, I am inclined to think its garbage.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I like those ideas. They are surely better than an armed revolt...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I prefer to be called a "freedom nut".

Semantics, I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
How can a person standing up for their constitutional right be equated to gun nut. To the people who wish to amend the second amendment, if that is done what stops the government from taking the first amendment. The second amendment was created to protect the first. Remember the constitution was not created to protect the government it was created to protect the people from the people. it was created to protect the citizen from tyranny. We may have not have tyranny now but strip the right that allows people to defend them selves the rest can and will be taken.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have a few of the weapons mentioned. I'll be waiting for them to come onto my land and TRY to take them.

I'm surprised they didn't mention any sort of RPG's

edit on 25-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumveeSleeper
reply to post by hawkiye

The easiest way to tell if something is a propa piece, a good "Litmus Test", is to watch whether the interviewer or moderator ever asks or says anything contrary to the guests opinion. If it is not critically examined, and is instead just fed more and more ammo, then what you are watching is likely scripted, partisan trash. Whether or not the points made in the video have any merit, I couldn't say. But the way it is presented, I am inclined to think its garbage.

That doesn't make any sense interviewers do that all the time if they happen to agree with the interviewee that doesn't make it BS. Like I said there is a history of this already in the military at 29 palms base in California its not hard to realize they are doing it again. I thought the interview was pretty credible. I bet it will not be long before it is corroborated by other military leaders resigning. Actually there has been a purge in military leaders since Obama took office. Don't let normalcy bias cloud your vision.

edit on 25-1-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
You seem to imply that the Vietnamese did not have knowledge of guerrilla warfare, and/or didn't know how to shoot. I find this notion bizarre. And don't tell me that fat ass members of the local target practice joint have knowledge of modern warfare. That's just stupid.

To be fair, we've been at a fairly consistant state of warfare since Vietnam in the US. There are more, well-trained, battle-hardened veterans in the country right now than standing millitary, national guard, and LEOs. Get that group on your side, and you've got something.

Kinda funny how our vets were placed on the DHS watchlist as potential terrorists. Also funny how the uptick in all sorts of mental illness dignoses (nation wide, but with vets especially) fits nicely into the newly proposed gun bans.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

I'm surprised they didn't mention any sort of RPG's

edit on 25-1-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

They didnt mention any title 2 stuff.

If DiFi had her way you would be denied a 22lr semi but you could get some HE grenades and a silencer for your .308 no problem.

The woman is a genius. She's researched this a whole bunch by looking at pictures of guns.

She needs to be sent back to the short bus for making a mess.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This women said they best way to fire a gun is "from the hip in a spraying manner" her words

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
Incremental-ism .... that's how its done.

The largest most important aspect of this bill is the national registry ....

I guess you know what comes next ...

Each "mass shooting" will be used to chip away until there is nothing left ...

Yes sir! That's the way it is/will be done. Like the frog and the boiling water. Toss one in a boiling pot of water and it will jump right out. Set it in room temp water and slowly turn up the heat, it'll be dead before it realizes it's in trouble.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
My favorite guns on the list are the ones like the Ruger Mini-14 TACTICAL.. You'll still be able to buy Ruger Mini 14's with Rancher style stocks (wood). The gun and upper is exactly the same minus the aesthetics of a BLACK polymer stock and a pistol grip. Some other minor aesthetic details would be different, but functionally they are the same exact gun. Both are capable of the same exact things.

Somebody is getting a good laugh at that.

All through her bill and this list there are blatant admissions of how pointless and stupid the bill is and a mob of fools hold it up as a great savior of safety.

If the reality of passing it wasnt so scary it would be hysterical. Like something written by Mel Brooks. A caricature of itself.

I like the bit about any semi auto that has a full auto counterpart. That outlaws all Glock pistols.

edit on 25-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

They know full well what they're doing. Get the guns on the initial list, then 'revise' the list indefinitely as actual gun owners and enthusiasts like us keep pointing out the omissions on the list.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Not everyone will have to abide by Senator Dianne Feinstein's gun control bill. If the proposed legislation becomes law, government officials and others will be exempt. "Mrs. Feinstein's measure would exempt more than 2,200 types of hunting and sporting rifles; guns manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; and weapons used by government officials, law enforcement and retired law enforcement personnel," the Washington Times reports. The Huffington Post confirms these exemptions, and adds that guns owned prior to the legislation becoming law will be permissible, too. "[T]he bill includes a number of exemptions: It exempts more than 2,200 hunting and sporting weapons; any gun manually operated by a bolt, pump, lever or slide action; any weapons used by government officials and law enforcement; and any weapons legally owned as of the date of the bill's enactment." The bill's measures include stopping "the sale, manufacture and importation of 158 specifically named military-style firearms and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. It would also ban an additional group of assault weapons that accept detachable ammunition magazines and have at least one military characteristic," according to the Huffington Post. The left-leaning website adds: "Other new provisions include requiring background checks on all future transfers of assault weapons covered under the bill and eliminating the 10-year sunset that allowed the original ban to expire."

Link to original article.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join