It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein Releases List of Guns Demanded to be Banned.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Street gangs are already guerrilla fighters in all but name...

Suppose they fit with the term.

Skills. What does it take to drive by and shoot randomly at some house or at a person at a bus stop. Or for a group of them to walk into a business or store filled with unarmed people and shoot them. Basically criminals with big egos and total lack of concern for innocent, bystanding people.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

President Obama has called for stricter federal gun laws to combat recent shooting rampages, but a review of recent state laws by The Washington Times shows no discernible correlation between stricter rules and lower gun-crime rates in the states.

For example, New York, even before it approved the strictest gun-control measures in the country last week, was ranked fourth among the states in strength of gun laws by the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence, but was also in the top 10 in firearm homicide rates in 2011, according to the FBI.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Like I have said before: There will always be drugs and there will always be guns.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You'd probably be amazed at how quickly they'd pick up the necessary skills. Not saying they'd be Navy SEAL's, or anything like that... But dangerous? Oh, my yes. Urban guerrillas would need differing skill sets from those of people who relocate to the countrysides...

It would be a nightmare scenario for the military...and I'm fairly certain they know it, too. Dread plays a roll, too, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Many are opposed to private ownership of firearms, and their opposition comes under several heads. Their specific objections are answerable retail, but a wholesale response is that the Second Amendment guarantees the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms. On a lower level of abstraction, there are more than 2 million instances a year of the armed citizen deterring or stopping armed criminals; a number four times that of all crimes involving firearms.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

My point is more along the lines of their use is to them self, not people on either side of a 'bad government' issue. Sure they can get more skills, probably would not benefit many others.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I agree that there should be some laws for certain kinds of guns people shouldn't have. Personally I'm happy with a home defense weapon capable of putting a bullet in a guys head and that's all I really need to defend my home. And yes I'm in California and the gun laws are strict and getting stricter. But its for good reasons. California has had a rising crime rate that is getting close to New York's crime rate and several shootings have happened because of bad cities like Richmond and Oakland and its mostly because of the guns thugs get there hands on. I mean come on do you really need an AR15 with a 30 round mag? personally I like the Thunder 50 BMG pistol sometimes they just run away at the sight of that thing even tho it only fires one round at a time but I only need one round to get a kill with that gun.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What happens when 2 or 3 guys break into your house. Best not to think about crime against yourself in a best case way.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is worth watching

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

This old bag has been wailing away on this issue for decades. She makes me ill. Id like to take her out for a nice seafood dinner and NEVER call her again.

Amen to that. Shes like a demented garden gnome someone gave Ring of Power to. I wish she would just fade away. Someone needs to steal her ring and toss it in Mount Doom.

V

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

I guess the realization that including Glock and similar pistols would leave way too many women, defenseless...
The magazine restrictions will still apply though...I'm glad I have a G36!...

Not to disagree, but I don't think they give a damn about leaving ANY American defenseless!
If they cared about females they wouldn't have put them in harms way (women in combat).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by roadgravel

You'd probably be amazed at how quickly they'd pick up the necessary skills. Not saying they'd be Navy SEAL's, or anything like that... But dangerous? Oh, my yes. Urban guerrillas would need differing skill sets from those of people who relocate to the countrysides...

It would be a nightmare scenario for the military...and I'm fairly certain they know it, too. Dread plays a roll, too, I'm sure.

I have to agree with you, as an ex-military guy I know too well what a bunch of armed people can do against a guerrilla style fighters!
Hell, the Brits learned that from the colonists!
I thought I would mention this to show how different the USA is now compared to when I was a kid in the 60's: Before the 1968 Gun Control Act there was an ongoing advertisement in the back of a magazine selling WW2 French 75 mm field pieces for $700 and it came with free ammo (I will have to ask my brother because we both remember this but I think it came with 100 rounds of ammo!) like everything else some idiots caused these to be pulled (some boys blew up a tractor sitting out in a field!). Sounds incredible but true!
One other thing, after JFK, MLK and BK were assassinated we had the same anti-gun people running amuck! Some of the sporting goods stores ran ads in newspapers (right after JFK killed) that said they were not going to sell any guns or ammo anymore (yet they had a sale and sold what they had in stock!! What a crock!
After the hubbub died down they started selling again!
By the way, Bush Senior's signature is on the 1968 Gun Control Act!
During those days there was a lot of people making plans on what to do if there was an outright 'gun-grab' by the government and there was a booklet that was sold through "the Underground Press" that told how to build a blowback-style 9mm sub machine gun! He showed how to use a truck axle to make a barrel etc, the last picture in the book showed him test-firing it! So, getting back to what you said, Americans are the most imaginative and resourceful society on the planet and will do what is needed to insure the wishes of our founding fathers is followed!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OK I am going to finally post to a "gun" thread!

Here it is folks or at least my opinion... I am all for more extensive background checks and limits on clips but that is it! It comes down to all gun owners raising their awareness to keeping what they have out of harms way!

Basically keep your guns locked up. Because no matter what, bad people are going to find a way to do bad things. This will never change. If there is a will there is a way. Basic criminology.

Next is those that fear or know nothing about a gun should at least go shoot one just once! You don’t fear what you know that whole saying. Of course I am a mountain girl who has been hunting and shooting for as long as I can remember so it is easy for me to say this.

I see restrictions coming. Heck may favorite gun to shoot is at top of the list. Now I don’t dare go shooting and waste any ammo because you cannot find it anywhere! But this will pass but prices/taxes on them will rise.

Truthfully, I feel they are trying to scare anyone thinking of getting a gun to protect themselves into thinking they are evil and mentally deranged.

Well I hate to let you know but over a few million or more... gun owners world wide killed no one within the last 20 years. Of course killing is always going on. This will never change either. A sad fact but people love to hate. Yet we all have a right to defend ourselves and keep our governments in check!

Loves Restless
edit on 1/25/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/25/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Actually, I've been privy to a scenario involving gang bangers and spec Ops. A squad leader lived near some
Cholos, they played their music loud and partied all night. He asked them to tone it down.
After a month of non compliance, and his children and wife not being able to sleep,
A squad of fully armed men, with complete battle rattle, raided this home on a Saturday night, all men
Wore balaclavas. 10 "tough guy" gang members, screaming and crying, were zip tied, hands and feet,
And were searched. All weapons were "seized/acquired" while they lay there sniveling, they were warned
That the next time a neighbor was disturbed by them, there would bee no warning shot.
They were moved out by Monday.

No sir, those [snip] don't stand a chance against real MEN.
That is all.

If you don't know what i mean, it's because you don't have "the look". It unnerves those
[snip] extremely well.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

just a quick question...
How does a more extensive background check work? How would that help anything ?
If a criminal wants a gun...he knows he can't pass a background check....think he will still try and do the paper work? Nope he will find another way...normally get a buddy that can pass a background check to buy the gun for him..

And by clips i assume you mean magazines? If i am carrying 100 rounds of ammo with me...what doez it matter if it is in 3 magazines or 4 or 5? This whole bs theory that someone can jump a shooter while changing mags
Is crazy....go to youtube and watch a few videos of mag changes...
The ONLY thing these laws do is get them started banning stuff....SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

I was thinking this today.

The only weapons they seek to ban are the weapons most viable that are available currently to the american public to over throw the government. They do not represent anything that will truly stop crimes. The govt. wants to be the ones with the guns. If this is true than I may have to reconsider my belief that the 2nd is archaic not in it's purpose but in it's technology in todays warfare. If they consider these arms to be a threat then we know we still have something on them.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
It almost seems like they don't want to ban guns used to defend on a daily basis from criminals, like shotguns or pistols. They want to ban guns that can be used to rise up and overthrow the government, which I feel is even more scary considering it is our constitutional right. I thought we were supposed to be in control?

The more our debt rises, the more our government looks like a ponzi scheme. Maybe they are afraid of what happens when we can't pay the credit card bill any longer?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join