It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
C'mon, folks.

Everyone knows that the "flat panel" image is just a sign dropped by one of these guys the last time they gathered around one of our rovers:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This image here is just astonishing !!!

There is zero doubt this is a sheet of something.
Amazing thread and pictures.
Thanks for sharing.

Shaun
edit on 24/1/2013 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Did you guys find the face yet

Now seriously, thanks OP for the pics, i'm fascinated how high resolutions they are able to produce.

Now on the rocks. People's brains are wired to search for patterns and familiar shapes, i think if you take a similar landscape on Earth covered with rocks you would find many similar shapes.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by jnyblujns

10000% Zoom

Epic!!
Thanks for the laugh!

I'll say that some of the pictures are very interesting. I hope that we see renewed interest in space exploration on the whole, our curiousity is too great to put it off forever in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the rock to the right almost looks like the snout of an animal facing toward the camera.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

And another amusing response lol thanks for the laugh man

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A few finds from the full res tif file. Some of these images came out really well.

What is wrong with the image here?

The possible gold vein with the following filters:
Multiply, Auto Tone, Auto Contrast, Auto Color, Adjusted Levels.

Stumbled across more gold! Filters:
Same as the following image but changed Multiply to Pin Light.

Will post more as I find it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Yes the picture of the sheet out of all the pictures in the most astonishing because it has nothing to do with rocks and any fool can see it is obvioulsy not a natural object. A debunker/skeptic will come along and try divert the discussion back to rocks where they can make amusing jokes, but lets see them try with the sheet they wil only end up with egg on their face.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Think you guys need to get out in nature more

I have been to many desert areas and seen many cool rock features. I am a true rock lover!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Think you guys need to get out in nature more

I have been to many desert areas and seen many cool rock features. I am a true rock lover!

Yea rock on tommy!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
This image here is just astonishing !!!

There is zero doubt this is a sheet of something.
Amazing thread and pictures.
Thanks for sharing.

Shaun
edit on 24/1/2013 by shauny because: (no reason given)

That is actually what I came here to post about. If you look at the full res image you will see what appears to be cracks on the soil. The top layer is hard, and it cracks. They are found all over the image. If you look at enough of them you will find one that looks like something else. The OP has purposefully cut the image to make it appear as if it's a sheet. Look at the location in the full res image and you can clearly see it's just the surface. OP has an agenda.
This is the full image, where you can see the 'sheet' is just soil.

Here is another image with soil cracks to show it's not uncommon.

edit on 25-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by shauny

Yes the picture of the sheet out of all the pictures in the most astonishing because it has nothing to do with rocks and any fool can see it is obvioulsy not a natural object. A debunker/skeptic will come along and try divert the discussion back to rocks where they can make amusing jokes, but lets see them try with the sheet they wil only end up with egg on their face.

I just debunked the sheet. It's the only one that has any weight behind it, so it's all I really looked at. OP cut the image to make it appear it's a sheet. Find the location in the full high res image and you can tell it's just the surface soil. In fact, these cracks are all over the image, and this is the only one that can be twisted into an 'object'. That tells me the OP saw all the other similar cracks and ignored them, then posted a pic with the right side cut off which shows this is just soil. OP was clearly trying to mislead people.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

. Find the location in the full high res image and you can tell it's just the surface soil.

Include a link please to the high res picture you refer to.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This picture is freaking me out, what kind of animal does this look like?

I'm thinking is this for real, because that is impressive

My edit makes it look reptilian but the original looks reminiscent of a Chinese dragon head or maybe a big cat of some kind, without a doubt it's carved imo, this has gotta be a fake or something.

Yeah Curiosity, I'd say the real news was big and that pic is solid proof to me.

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out but the rock to the right almost looks like the snout of an animal facing toward the camera.

I know exactly the rock you mean, I'm not sure I would concur with animal snout but it just isn't natural whatever it is, towards the left hand side of the full landscape image is a bunch of stuff that just doesn't look right either, looks more like crash debris than anything else, but us mainstream media fed baboons know it couldn't possibly be that, right?

edit on 25-1-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, to be honest, mostly looks like rocks to me. I have found triangular rocks in river beds in the mid-west and other oddly "carved" rocks in streams and so forth. So, 99.9999999999999% they are just rocks.

The gold vein idea is interesting though.

GOLD RUSH ON MARS!

Wonder what their football team would be named???

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kissplash

Could you please show me how this image you pointed out with the panel..

...Looks anything like this....

Maybe I am missing something, but they don't match at all...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

. Find the location in the full high res image and you can tell it's just the surface soil.

Include a link please to the high res picture you refer to.

I edited and put the pics in. Here they are again.
This is the full image, where you can see the 'sheet' is just soil.

Here is another image with soil cracks to show it's not uncommon.

It's the equivalent of looking for an animal shape in a cloud and using that as proof clouds are living creatures. When you take into account the other clouds which do NOT look like bunnies and cats the theory fails. Same here. These cracks on the surface soil are everywhere. Just because ONE has a certain shape does not mean anything when there are numerous other cracks which do not.
edit on 25-1-2013 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by shauny

I just debunked the sheet. It's the only one that has any weight behind it, so it's all I really looked at. OP cut the image to make it appear it's a sheet. Find the location in the full high res image and you can tell it's just the surface soil. In fact, these cracks are all over the image, and this is the only one that can be twisted into an 'object'. That tells me the OP saw all the other similar cracks and ignored them, then posted a pic with the right side cut off which shows this is just soil. OP was clearly trying to mislead people.

Ho Sheet, thats been debunked then, or it's a cover up, OK who is next ?

edit on 25-1-2013 by iceman22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Looks like something was sitting on that soil in that spot where they are claiming it is a panel and the soil is pushed down.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

In this first pic you included you have a red line pointing to the panel. This is not the same panel as the close up view of the panel. In the close up view its has three rocks at its corner which cannot been seen on the picture with red line. I have look through the pictures you showed and it has not convinced me the panel belongs to them or is due to the naturally anomaly your describing. I still see something artifical.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join