It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
The most groundbreaking artifacts may already have been removed from these ruins by the U.S military and are part of the black budget research projects.

What, the US military's famous "Bronze Age Black Projects" dept? Where they develop spears, arrow tips and bronze body armour for top secret battle re-enactments?

Seriously, even if this was Atlantis (which is isn't), then the only stuff we know about it is from Plato, and he just heard it from a bloke telling stories down the pub (essentially). He said Atlantis was the size of a continent and the Atlanteans were eventually destroyed by Athenians:

Atlantis was a naval power lying "in front of the Pillars of Hercules" that conquered many parts of Western Europe and Africa 9,000 years before the time of Solon, or approximately 9600 BC. After a failed attempt to invade Athens, Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune".

It's a pretty tall tale to start with, however absolutely none of it ties in at all with this apparent "discovery" from a convicted fraudster.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

No use pointing out the numerious flaws in your post, i will just take one thing since it is obvious you are not interested in the truth.

It's a pretty tall tale to start with, however absolutely none of it ties in at all with this apparent "discovery" from a convicted fraudster.

Who is this convicted fraudster you are speking of? None where ever convicted of anything. And the discovery is covered on NatGeo, Hisory Channel, numerous MSM sources like BBC etc. and they certainly found it credible enough. But you know better right? Maybe remove that tin-foil hat, see if your mind clears.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

No use pointing out the numerious flaws in your post, i will just take one thing since it is obvious you are not interested in the truth.

Who is this convicted fraudster you are speking of? None where ever convicted of anything. And the discovery is covered on NatGeo, Hisory Channel, numerous MSM sources like BBC etc. and they certainly found it credible enough. But you know better right? Maybe remove that tin-foil hat, see if your mind clears.

The Padre refers to Cayce himself, I believe, who was certainly a fraud, and was convicted, and not to Zalitski et al who is merely an ocean salvage operator that was working for Fidel Castro at the time of this "discovery."

I would suggest to you that you make some attempt to remove those blinders ere they become permanently attached.

Harte

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You are all being duped! This BS has been around for years, the article on whateverbsnews.com is complete bogus.

About a mile below the surface of the ocean in the waters of Cabo de San Antonio is the most intriguing of these ancient sunken cities. This one is thought to have sank at least 12,000 years ago, it was found by Paulina Zelitsky a Russian/Canadian oceanographer 15 years ago, the theory is that this city was old enough to exist during the Ice Age, the problem with this one though is that it is so far below the surface that it is nearly impossible to truly investigate it. Over time we have slowly upgraded our deep sea dive technology and in this time Zelitsky and her family have used the newest available gear to further examine the sunken city. So far they have found the remains of land animals, enormous ancient stone structures that resemble the faces of easter island, and yet another Pyramid. This city is still being debated as a “natural formation” by hard headed scholars trying to disprove the existence of civilization before Ancient Sumer, but the proof is all there.

Unfortunately there are no real images of this because of the extreme depth, the only thing possible of even reaching these depths are robotic dive camera’s, however there are some computer generated ocean scans of when they found the city that shows its size and structure, I believe the overall estimate is “about the size of a modern city.”

This was posted years ago, the thing is DEEP DEEP water and who knows what is really is all we have is some bad sonar and crummy pictures to go on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't think the depth be the problem to study in detail the supposed structures at the cost of Cuba. Since there are deep-sea ROV capable of reach 10.000ft. And the ruins are only at about 2500ft. So if something was down there of some major importance is long gone that is for sure. Even so i keep an open mind hoping that one day the ruins of Atlantis or Posidia as Edgar Cayce once call it, may be found. And when that they arrive i will enjoy to see academics and their theories fall like a domino, history books rewritten and egos sink deeper then Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Plato says that it was Atlantis vs Athens. Total bullpoop. Athens wasn't even around at that time.

The people who manage to survive the longest are the ones who write the histories, no? And of course they are going to make themselves look like heroes. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if 12,000 years ago there were some basic, neolithic settlements in the Athens area. It has good running water sources. And if a small remnant force of sailors or soldiers from Atlantis managed to find their way there, it also wouldn't surprise me if they got their sorry butts kicked.

But after many millennia, what might have been a little battle between a couple different tribes got confabulated into a major battle. It was so, so long ago, if it happened. Nearly impossible to get the facts straight.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe
99.9999% of psychics are full of it.
But Edgar Cayce... He was pretty legit.

No, not really. Not unless you get really creative with both what he said and what was "discovered." His batting average was about as good as anybody's who is willing to just wildly guess at stuff. You might even do better, yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

No use pointing out the numerious flaws in your post,

Go on, I dare ya.

Who is this convicted fraudster you are speking of?

My mistake - the last heard of Zelitsky was that she was in a Mexico City jail awaiting trial for fraud. What happened to her isn't clear.

And the discovery is covered on NatGeo, Hisory Channel, numerous MSM sources like BBC etc. and they certainly found it credible enough.

Ah, all those famous scientific organisations. Though it's touching that you have so much faith in the mainstream media, I prefer to dig a little deeper. All those news organisations did was re-cycle a news agency story without further investigation. Can you, for example, show me where the BBC said the find was "credible"? Here's what NatGeo actually said:

After studying the images, National Geographic senior editor John Achave said "They are interesting anomalies, but that's as much as anyone can say right now, but I'm no expert on sonar and until we are able to actually go down there and see, it will difficult to characterize them."

Woo, yeah, it's Atlantis! I think we can tell how credible everyone found it by how many follow up articles there were....

Professor of Oceanography Robert Ballard was quoted as saying "That's too deep, I'd be surprised if it was human. You have to ask yourself, how did it get there? I've looked at a lot of sonar images in my life, and it can be sort of like looking at an ink blot -- people can sometimes see what they want to see. I'll just wait for a bit more data.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Here's another article that you are free to make what you will of. I'd like to see up-to-date archaeology myself.

www.andrewcollins.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Cool thread! S + F regardless if this is true.

I guess the Collins' letter makes sense in that at the end of the day these salvage people want to get paid and continue paying for the expensive equipment and vessel and etc etc. Also if they suspect this find is as huge as they think they will need adequate coverage and funding to keep the gears turning.

This may just be a really cool Olmec city that sunk in ancient times. It's still an amazing find either way!

At the end of the 2nd video I noticed listed first in their Sources was David Wilcock, this is what makes me wonder, are all the Atlantis agenda folks involved in this project too? Or are they like rats and these kooks just involve themselves with anything "Atlantis"?

Bottom line is there is a LOT of answers to earth history questions at the bottom of our oceans, fun place to explore if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

Well the part that is definitely true is that they found something very interesting there, the part that may or may not be true is if it is actually the "fabled atlantis", this is the part some people understandably dispute. Nonetheless, it is very interesting to some of us and we all hope for more material on this being uncovered ASAP.

Such an expedition would be quite costly however, and considirering it´s location, it may take more than just a huge sum of money to get the gears in motion on this; an agreement with Cuban authorities to explore/dive would of course be needed.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Some good underwater pics, but sadly the "pyramid under water" Seems to be a picture of a pyramid above water, that's been photo shopped to look as though it's underwater.
Hoax all over this one, sorry to come off as being "pissy" :/

edit on 26-1-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This is a really cool find. After I first read the OP the other day I spent several hours researching this and all of this is just amazing. Not sure if I would go so far as to say it's Atlantis but definitely a great find. Looking forward to learning more about their discoveries once they release further information.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You can always spot the people that have never referenced the original source material for "Atlantis"...because they think it actually existed.

I can only hope that future generations dont fill books and webpages and television shows on the search for Narnia, The Middle Earth or Pandora.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas
You can always spot the people that have never referenced the original source material for "Atlantis"...because they think it actually existed.

I can only hope that future generations dont fill books and webpages and television shows on the search for Narnia, The Middle Earth or Pandora.

At least Pandora has a chance to be real. Kind of funny when Pandora is more likely to exist than Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The video in the OP’s link showed most of what has been revealed in the past. Here are a few things that were not shown.

This is another computer rendering of the side scan sonar image but this one is taken from a different angle.

Here is another side scan sonar image that is repeatedly seen in the video but no computer rendering of it is shown.

Someone tried to create a 3D image of this scan and this is what they produced.

For those who enjoy this great mystery here is a little gem that has been quite controversial.

This photograph was taken by Teoberto Maler (12 January 1842 – 22 November 1917) in a subterranean chamber at the ancient Maya city called Tikal. This image is just a part of a continuous frieze which surrounded the interior of the underground chamber. This piece was later removed and sent to the Berlin museum. The museum was eventually destroyed during WWII through Allied bombing.

The scene depicts a Tollan warrior escaping a sinking land with pyramid and an erupting mountain in the background. Tikal is the largest Mayan city in Mesoamerica. It has five temples exceeding 200 ft. (60 m) in height. If one Maya city was to document an ancient cataclysm of the past Tikal would have been the most likely candidate.

Tikal

“There is evidence that Tikal was conquered by Teotihuacan in the 4th century AD.”
en.wikipedia.org...

The Teotihuacan culture is connected to the Toltec mythology as told by the Aztecs. Maybe before abandoning the city of Tikal one of the last remaining Teotihucans chiseled their story into the wall.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am still of the opinion that Atlantis lies underneath the miles of ice and snow of Antartica.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

There is no other source confirming this.

I have a bad feeling about this. Are there any actual pictures of the thing or just those animations?

It´s all a little weird.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Wow! Thats awesome! Where did you get them pictures? I am very interested in Atlantis at the moment and want to find more information so I can make an accurate judgement for myself

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan22
reply to post by goou111

Wow! Thats awesome! Where did you get them pictures? I am very interested in Atlantis at the moment and want to find more information so I can make an accurate judgement for myself

They come from a website which posted their own fabricated photos, created using photoshop.

Sorry. You'll have to keep looking for Atlantis until you achieve a certain level of consciousness.

We call it "adulthood" in slang.

Harte

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join