It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
While I have little doubt there are many cities lost to the sea throughout history, these photos are ridiculously fake, especially the "city overview" with everything all lit up. The easiest way to know it's a hoax is to consider that nothing new has happened in ten years. What, they found it, asked for more funding, didn't get it, and then shrugged their shoulders and said, "Oh well?"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I give Atlantis a fair chance of existing, because 12,000 years was a long time ago and a lot of stuff can happen in that length of time. Human beings were around at that time who were just as intelligent as they are now. A fairly large landmass where the Azores are today, on a very unstable geological area of the Atlantic Ridge? Sure. And right around 12,000 years ago there were some wild things going on with the climate and the planet with the Younger Dryas and all that stuff. Catastrophe? Our current understanding of supervolcanoes and comet/asteroid impacts and tsunamis show that catastrophes can happen. Which would make the chances of finding remnants and artifacts of any kind after all this time even more difficult.

But I also know how people like to exaggerate things, and 12,000 years gives people a lot of time to both forget and exaggerate. So it's very unlikely a little proto-civilization like Atlantis was as big and powerful and wonderful and technically advanced as some people would like to think. Maybe they got organized and came up with some basics laws, or astronomy, or farming. Not much in the way of large stone monuments. Which would make finding hard evidence of their existence even more difficult.

In any event, this has all the earmarks of a pure bullcrap story designed to fleece a little money from the most gullible.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I give Atlantis a fair chance of existing, because 12,000 years was a long time ago and a lot of stuff can happen in that length of time. Human beings were around at that time who were just as intelligent as they are now. A fairly large landmass where the Azores are today, on a very unstable geological area of the Atlantic Ridge? Sure. And right around 12,000 years ago there were some wild things going on with the climate and the planet with the Younger Dryas and all that stuff. Catastrophe? Our current understanding of supervolcanoes and comet/asteroid impacts and tsunamis show that catastrophes can happen. Which would make the chances of finding remnants and artifacts of any kind after all this time even more difficult.

But I also know how people like to exaggerate things, and 12,000 years gives people a lot of time to both forget and exaggerate. So it's very unlikely a little proto-civilization like Atlantis was as big and powerful and wonderful and technically advanced as some people would like to think. Maybe they got organized and came up with some basics laws, or astronomy, or farming. Not much in the way of large stone monuments. Which would make finding hard evidence of their existence even more difficult.

In any event, this has all the earmarks of a pure bullcrap story designed to fleece a little money from the most gullible.

Plato says that it was Atlantis vs Athens. Total bullpoop. Athens wasn't even around at that time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
...also in OP's Article...

"ShawnO said...
January 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
I know that beforeitsnews.com wrote the story, but I will still comment on it. There are a lot of very big problems with it. I will discuss a few of them. 1st, the great pyramid at Giza is between 450 and 480 feet tall. That would put it's top only 120-150 below the surface of the water in this area, where the water is 600 ft deep. Obviously anything larger than the great pyramid would rise nearly to the surface. The photos in this article show pyramids that are covered by water several times their height, so much so that we cannot even see the surface. Also, the light that the ROV is shining on a pyramid as is takes a pic of it is illuminating nearly the entire pyramid. Underwater lights on submersibles such as the one shown in this article do not have a long range, and would have to be very close to the pyramid to photograph it, meaning we would only be able to see a very small part of it, unless it was really small, like 20 ft tall or less.
2) The supposed ruins are located between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula, which is west of Cuba. This is not in the Bermuda Triangle as the article says, because the Bermuda Triangle is on the East side of Cuba, and actually lies a couple hundred miles away from Cuba to the East. That fact destroys a major claim of the article.
3) If Cuba was part of the culture associated with this alleged city, as claimed by the article, then why didn't the people simply move to the higher areas of Cuba? Also, why are there no signs of advanced culture on Cuba other than some symbols carved on rocks?
4) All of the information about the Olmecs and prior cultures that is written in this article is untrue. We have no clues to the language of the Olmecs or any earlier civilizations, as there are none surviving, and they were gone long before the Aztecs and Mayans. We cannot read their hieroglyphs. We do not know any of their myths or legends, because none of their language survives. Unlike the supposed anthropologist said in the interview in this article, there is no legend of 3 families surviving an earthquake/island disaster, with one named "Olmec". The Olmec did not call themselves "Olmec". "Olmec" is not an Olmec word (remember, we don't know any of their language), it is an Aztec word that means "rubber people" and it is what they called the people living in the Gulf lowlands in the 15th & 16th centuries, 2000 years after the Olmec culture died out. Archaeologists and anthropologists gave the name "Olmec" to the ancient culture that they later discovered in that same area.
I think that's enough for now.
Shawn O'Steen, Anthropologist"

edit on 24-1-2013 by ThaEnigma because: No Reason

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Once more, that is the sonar reconstruction, not an actual picture.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaEnigma

Shawns problem is he read 600 meters as 600 feet. The correct number is 2000 feet, which make his entire point moot.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

NeoVain

Arken's thread on it

You were rather sceptical in that thread...

And this from World Weekly News May, 1991

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Great article. The topic of Atlantis is one of the topics which first lead me to ATS many many many many moons ago.

There have been several claims made about Atlantis possibly being in the Caribbean but I never got the impression it would be as far South as Cuba. I would be not be quick to call this find Atlantis though, as we have seen man made structures all over that area as well as a possibility of a city off the coast of Japan.

I would like to see any images of what they are calling a Sphinx. That is an amazing find all by itself. I haven't watched the videos yet, so hopefully it is in one of them.

Thanks for the info OP. Nicely done.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hi Neo---

Could there be any possible connexion, do you think, to the Bimini Road within the Bermuda-'Devil's' Triangle man-made artefacts which skeptics always have claimed are 'natural formations' despite all the regular 90 degree angles of cut rock ?

www.youtube.com...

Whatever these rocks are, they're ancient !

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

this to me could be one of the biggest discoveries in history if its true and would cause even more questions as to why planes and ships disappear in the area considered Bermuda triangle.. the energy they must have been working with the I heard they tried to make a synthetic merkabah to travel to a new planet because there had been major destruction on earth along time ago... and the energy they created is still have effects on earth in that area is why things strange happen there

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by NeoVain

NeoVain

Arken's thread on it

You were rather sceptical in that thread...

And this from World Weekly News May, 1991

True, that thread had far less information and didn´t manage to convince me at all. I am usually quite sceptic unless overwhelming evidence is presented/found.

Thanks for that second link as well, was not aware of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
reply to post by NeoVain

Hi Neo---

Could there be any possible connexion, do you think, to the Bimini Road within the Bermuda-'Devil's' Triangle man-made artefacts which skeptics always have claimed are 'natural formations' despite all the regular 90 degree angles of cut rock ?

www.youtube.com...

Whatever these rocks are, they're ancient !

Those are definitely not natural formations. And yes, the ancient Atlantis was said to have been quite large, why not?

That might have been just another part of it, with the pyramids another part. There are probably lots more ancient treasures and artifacts at the bottom of that sea.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Underwater archeology is just getting started so I expect that everything we discover, underwater, in the Atlantic will be labeled “Atlantis” in the foreseeable future.

Atlantis or not, this stinks of B.S. The video plays that silly overplayed “King Aurthor” music, the Website is not a credible scientific publication and the images don’t rival quality UFO hoaxes. You’d think that anyone, who needed funding, would produce a much more compelling case with more objectivity.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

And just an overview of the media situation, as alluded to in the TV series Stargate, when info like this is presented to mainstream media it is knocked back out-of-hand along with the suggestion that the info be taken to the tabloids because they would be far more interested in the story.

We generally won't see this ever in the mainstream although someone earlier posted a Nat Geo link that alluded to this site.

Very interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Very cool stuff! Let the naysayers have their doubts. It is a matter of time before Atlantis is rediscovered. I am not totally suprised the govt would stop exploration. They cannot have the masses of earth inhabitants know about these things.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Will anyone ever be able to say they found Atlantis?
If group A finds something group B and C will say although they did find something that's not Atlantis, and so on. Its a good find, but I believe no matter what cities are found underwater no one will actually be able to say what city or group it belonged too. Of course unless the find the fabled tech.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 24-1-2013 by RightlyCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
While I have little doubt there are many cities lost to the sea throughout history, these photos are ridiculously fake, especially the "city overview" with everything all lit up. The easiest way to know it's a hoax is to consider that nothing new has happened in ten years. What, they found it, asked for more funding, didn't get it, and then shrugged their shoulders and said, "Oh well?"

no the easiest way to tell it's a hoax is that it's being published on Riseearth.com(wtf is riseearth.com?)....
Seriously, if true it'd be in every single newspaper from here to Tibet.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking about using this thread as a litmus test for people's intelligence and gullibility. With even a second of thought, it's obvious this is fake.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm thinking about using this thread as a litmus test for people's intelligence and gullibility

I can think of a few issues I feel some may be gullible about, that is issues where people think that govt loves them and will take good care of them and pay their bills and make sure they and their children won't be obese out of lack of personal self control.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just found out History Channel have covered this briefly, they have an interview with Pauline as well as some footage of the area. It starts out with some coverage on the bimini road but quickly turns it´s attention to the same ruins found in my op here.

edit on 24-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join