It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Im leaning towards hoax, regardless of how much l would be wrapped if it turned out to be legit. I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned this because l haven't had time to read every post but regarding the timeframe aspect of this, if by the off chance it exists, has anyone considered that people have kept this out of the loop to try and clean out the loot in peace and quiet??? I would.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Hmmm it states that its 600 feet under the water but the also state that at the end of the last ice age water rose nearly 400 feet. So which one is it?

I'm thinking this is current times man made.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I need some solid before da flood civilization data Grrrr! >

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, my point of view:

- if anything was there, the US now has it - it is after all off the coast of Cuba, I think the US Navy has everything mapped, if anything of interest was there it's long gone now stored in some black storage locker

- now we will never know what actually was there
i bet even the bodies, if there were any, are long gone....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I would say the pics and all with this deserves much skepticism.... but this sudden N korean threat rings wierd with me also. Could this be one of these distractions?

I apologize i didnt read far past main post.

Much love to you all.

Baz

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If you read further down the article to the comments at the bottom, and Anthropologist makes the following comments, all of which I agree with I must admit..... too many inconsistencies...

"I know that beforeitsnews.com wrote the story, but I will still comment on it. There are a lot of very big problems with it. I will discuss a few of them. 1st, the great pyramid at Giza is between 450 and 480 feet tall. That would put it's top only 120-150 below the surface of the water in this area, where the water is 600 ft deep. Obviously anything larger than the great pyramid would rise nearly to the surface. The photos in this article show pyramids that are covered by water several times their height, so much so that we cannot even see the surface. Also, the light that the ROV is shining on a pyramid as is takes a pic of it is illuminating nearly the entire pyramid. Underwater lights on submersibles such as the one shown in this article do not have a long range, and would have to be very close to the pyramid to photograph it, meaning we would only be able to see a very small part of it, unless it was really small, like 20 ft tall or less.
2) The supposed ruins are located between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula, which is west of Cuba. This is not in the Bermuda Triangle as the article says, because the Bermuda Triangle is on the East side of Cuba, and actually lies a couple hundred miles away from Cuba to the East. That fact destroys a major claim of the article.
3) If Cuba was part of the culture associated with this alleged city, as claimed by the article, then why didn't the people simply move to the higher areas of Cuba? Also, why are there no signs of advanced culture on Cuba other than some symbols carved on rocks?
4) All of the information about the Olmecs and prior cultures that is written in this article is untrue. We have no clues to the language of the Olmecs or any earlier civilizations, as there are none surviving, and they were gone long before the Aztecs and Mayans. We cannot read their hieroglyphs. We do not know any of their myths or legends, because none of their language survives. Unlike the supposed anthropologist said in the interview in this article, there is no legend of 3 families surviving an earthquake/island disaster, with one named "Olmec". The Olmec did not call themselves "Olmec". "Olmec" is not an Olmec word (remember, we don't know any of their language), it is an Aztec word that means "rubber people" and it is what they called the people living in the Gulf lowlands in the 15th & 16th centuries, 2000 years after the Olmec culture died out. Archaeologists and anthropologists gave the name "Olmec" to the ancient culture that they later discovered in that same area.
I think that's enough for now".
Shawn O'Steen, Anthropologist

PA

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The sad thing is that people like these two "explorers" make it so much harder for main stream media and academia to take forbiddean archeology ( i am using term here for catch all)and its theories seriously.
reply to post by MadDuchess

I completely agree with you. It's people like these two in the OP that allow the MSM to claim that all discoveries made regarding alternate archeology are frauds. The same thing happens with legitimate reports of unidentified flying objects. All of the frauds perpetrated on YOUTUBE and other sites allow the MSM to snicker at truly unexplained mysteries.
Starred.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by havok

Legit or not, I want to know more.

Use the search function. ATS has multiple threads on this very old "report" which turned out to be bogus.

Nothing in the OP is new, except the fabricated "pictures."

Harte

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Where are the pics of the Heiroglyphs? woulda have loved to see those ..might have changed my mind. but still interesting

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It looks to me like Atlantis has been found at the bottom of somebody's fish tank :/

Just my tuppence worth.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The U.S. government discovered the alleged place during the Cuban missile crisis in the sixties, Nuclear submarines cruising in the Gulf (in deep sea) met pyramid structures. They immediately shut down the site and took control of him and the objects,in order that it will not come to Russians hands.

whistleblower from the army,that used to serve in Montego Bay told they are still working on the site and recover objects and instruments (including those who still work) since the 60th.

www.utaot.com...

I've been trying to search U.S. Government records and/or archaeological papers for more information on this, but can't find anything. Is this type of information top secret, or is there freedom of information within the U.S. government?

I just found this:

"For the record you can say that the Center for Marine Archaeology and Anthropology at the Cuban Academy of Sciences is currently analyzing video data which we have from the perimeter of the site from megalithic stones. They are working on inscriptions that they have detected on these stones and they are analyzing them at this time."

www.timeenoughforlove.org...

edit on 25-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's amazing what you can find if you look hard enough.

In the initial images from Google Earth, the digital interpretation of the site made it look like a perfectly grid-like city, with tall buildings and wide avenues. We knew that there was no way it could be that pristine, but it was eye-popping when we first found it. As we have focused in on a more realistic impression of the site, it is clearly in ruins, as anything might be after that long. So, how do we know it was a habitation site? I was, for many years, an architectural historian, involved extensively with historical archaeology. I know what architectural ruins look like, in fact, I am specifically trained for that. What we're seeing on film now are images of foundation ruins, rubble sections of building walls, and ruins of large public edifices. Some of what remains standing clearly show evidence of intelligent structure - post and lintel construction, parallel wall sections, and right angles - things that could not be explained as having been natural in origin

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I like this part:

" Well, we believe we have found the remains of an ancient city on the sea floor in the Western Caribbean. It is important to note that we have yet to be to the site, but what we believe we have found is the remains of an ancient city that was formerly above sea level, and perhaps as much as 4500-8000 years old. This has nothing to do with another site, found almost 10 years ago by a Canadian/Russian team working to map the sea floor near the Yucatan Peninsula. Their site is nearly 2 miles below the sea floor.

We've been sharing all this data with some of the biggest names in marine archaeology. Many are intrigued.

The location of this site was once above the ocean's surface. If you look at the topography of the Caribbean sea floor, it is fairly evident that much of the Caribbean island chain was once part of a contiguous land mass. This site generally sits on what would have been a coastal plane.

Some of what we've discovered looks similar to early Mayan architecture, so we are leaning towards that as a hypothesis as it is largely unknown where the Maya civilization came from. It is our hope that we might be able to fill in this missing part of the historical record with our research.

MP: Is it true that the exploration was inspired by a reported sighting from a plane window by Earnest Hemingway's brother? What's the full story there?

JA: That's true. In 1954, Ernest Hemingway's brother, Leicester, was on his way from the US to Havana, to meet with his brother, the renown author and war correspondent. At one point, Leicester Hemingway was looking out the airplane window, and claims to have seen, "A city of glistening marble," below the sea. He then spent the next 40 years of his life trying to find it, again. He never did, but for the latter part of his life, Leicester Hemingway was obsessed with the story of Atlantis.

MP: If the city is indeed there, what could possibly explain how it ended up underwater?

JA: In that part of the Caribbean, there could be several explanations. The most likely is very organic. During the end of the last Ice Age, it is known that as the polar ice caps melted, the ocean rose about 166 feet for every hundred years. If this city sat on the coastal plane, it is more likely that the sea lel rose to engulf the city than that the city sank to the sea floor. However, given the convergence of tectonic plates in the region, earthquakes can't be discounted. Lastly, there is believed to have been a massive meteor in the Atlantic about 11,000 years ago. The resulting tsunami could have contributed to the demise of the city."

edit on 25-1-2013 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From Cayce's reading: Atlantis is as large as Europe. Could these scatterings of sunken cities (city?) be one large ancient habitation?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

en.wikipedia.org...

Legit??

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Then again there is this:

A British aeronautical engineer fiddling with the updated 5.0 software noticed a strange 'street grid' pattern underwater about 600 miles off the west coast of Africa, and the size of Wales. For those interested, the exact coordinates are 31 15'15.53N, 24 15'30.53W.

www.afterdawn.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh really?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

very good read, i think that at one point allmost all of the current oceans were lakes and we had mountains that were insanely tall and that there were hundreds of pyramid cities in them... maybe these ancient sites that we know about today-- south america egypt and others were the ones that were the highest places back then.....

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by NeoVain

very good read, i think that at one point allmost all of the current oceans were lakes and we had mountains that were insanely tall and that there were hundreds of pyramid cities in them... maybe these ancient sites that we know about today-- south america egypt and others were the ones that were the highest places back then.....

And the Biblical flood came and the oceans we have today are the remnants of that flood. The proof of the deluge has been right in front of our eyes the whole time.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Sonar picturing wouldn't need light, just as X-ray isn't contingent on having light. The two colors could be comprised of any variation of contrasting colors. It's not a underwater photograph...

Still waiting for some indication of a Sphinx... anyone spot one yet in the pics.?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join