It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOTH John Boehner to hold a press conference @5:00 PM ET

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
No pay mean's, no public service employee's,military etc get paid.Simply A PROMISE TO PAY.This came close last year but was narrowly avoided.If this happens the Sky will fall in.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Not sure what the game plan is, but I doubt it violates the 27th amendment. It doesn't vary the pay, it simply puts conditions on receiving the eligible pay. In the worst case, it becomes effective only after the next elections to the House.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
You can't "lower the debt ceiling by $1T a year until it is $0.00. That would mean we had zero debt, which is a practical impossibility for any first world country...Unless you REALLY want to pay high taxes, that is.

That's one way.

The other option is a REALLY small federal government, getting back to the enumerated responsibilities.

Not at this point.. Our taxes don't even cover the interest on the debt we already owe... We already went over the line.. This doesn't count SS, and the military or any other spending.. Republicans want to not raise the ceiling so they want to crash it now. Dems want to raise the ceiling so they want to slowly/quickly debase the currency..

Either way, unless we "Find" a bunch of precious goods, and import nothing we are screwed.

But I agree we need to make this government as small as possible and leave the Laws to the states.

EDIT: Started!
edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

We could also tell the Fed reserve to take a hike and take control of our own money. Several times in the past America controlled it's currency and we had no debt the government made interest free loans to itself then just took the money back out of circulation. It worked during Jackson's and Lincolns time and can work again.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

We could also tell the Fed reserve to take a hike and take control of our own money. Several times in the past America controlled it's currency and we had no debt the government made interest free loans to itself then just took the money back out of circulation. It worked during Jackson's and Lincolns time and can work again.

You are completely right about this, I just don't bring it up often...

If and when the USA does do that, how do we get even with Japan and China? We owe them time, money, resources... Something..

Maybe we can repay the world by taking out all the central banks?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Iceland did it. Why the heck can't we?

And yes, OPPT is real, and may be behind it. But that remains to be seen. For now the show must go on...

edit:

And people you need to realize of your own accord and research, that the foreclosure of the whole system is real, and effectively this whole game is coming to an end. The UCC is the system that made it possible to enslave us (by our own consent of playing the game), and the UCC is the system with which it was all brought down in an excellent catch 22 which ends it.

Right now, you are witnessing the inertia of the system as it runs, but has no power source any longer and it will grind to a halt.

It has to.
edit on 23-1-2013 by fourthmeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I feel like I am watching a bad movie. It's like they are trying to clown me, OR are they really that Stupid!?

For a few months once when I was recovering from surgery, I was a C-SPAN junkie. Believe me, they are THAT stupid. And a whole lot worse. I wouldn't hire any more than about five of them, Reps and Senate included, to walk a dog.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Raise the Debt Ceiling to $20 Trillian Dollars. That should get you through to 2014 -
Then raise it again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm going to buy a Loaf of Bread

I'm sick of posts like this.

NO. It's not the people on the street in America who are going to be walking around with big wades of cash. The cash is in electronic form in the bank accounts of the Wall Streeters, the Banksters, The Big Corporate Dogs, The Federal Reserve, The Rich. The money is not out on the street doing damage to any loaf of bread. You the American people will never see that money. It wont inflate anything but the wallets of the rich.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Not sure what this is about for sure but have a hunch it is about the suspension of the debt ceiling.

The House GOP has opted to forego raising the debt ceiling to a set cap for a three month extension as previously reported. The new decision made by those who control the flow of legislation in the House is to now simply make the debt ceiling limitless until May 19th. Even though Republicans could have requested that at least some sort of spending cuts would be part of this new legislation not a single dime of cuts were requested.

Story here

The press conference is scheduled @ 5:00 ET and can be veiwed here.

Any veiws on them nullifing the constitution again ATS? Sounds like another win win for the Banksters.

ETA Here is a working link to actual Press conference, there was some confusion with the ABC link above. LINK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---

edit on 1/22/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

The debt ceiling is just a matter of whether we're going to pay our xdebts, it does not authorize new spending. I'm baffled as to why people who would claim not to be enemies of the People of the US want us to default on our debt and crash the economy. Is there a certain allure to bread lines and homelessness? Is World War 3 THAT enticing to people? Or do people simply not understand that the "debt ceiling" has absolutely nothing to do with future spending? Control of spending resides with the House of Reps primarily. They can act there to reduce spending. Deciding to become a deadbeat nation and not pay our credit card bill is not only irresponsible and embarassing, it is tantamount to declaring economic warfare against the citizenry.

Does anyone have a logical explaination as to why they want the nation to default? Other than that their lives are so miserable they are willing to face a collapse to dwarf the great depression just on principal (of being against government debt - even though our debt to gdp ratio was 40% worse in the 1940's and everything turned out just fine.

I guess my comment sounds kind of snide, but it is irritating that the People seem to be as clueless as the Republican congressmen on this matter. Ir we default on our past spending debts, it is going to hurt me and my family, simply because a bunch of politicians don't want to pay for their wars. That is unacceptable, and were any of them to cause a default, I believe it would be reasonable to call for them to be hung for treason. I'm not being facetious - I truly believe they would deserve nothing less with the pain, suffering, and death they would cause tgrough such deadbeatism.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

It amazes me how much play the "debt ceiling" gets these days. There may be no bigger non-story in politics. Your post might sound terse, but that doesn't make it any less correct. Good job!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join