It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOTH John Boehner to hold a press conference @5:00 PM ET

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

im trying to figure out what that means

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

This member seems to have a grasp on the situation.

Originally posted by fltcui
reply to post by proob4

No Labels

Congress has only passed a budget and all spending bills necessary to fund the government four times in the past 60 years.

No Labels has a straightforward solution – if members of Congress can’t pass a budget, they shouldn’t get paid – and tomorrow, the United States House of Representatives will vote on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Was that it? Just stating that they will pass the no budget no pay in congress tomorrow?

That's all I got out of it..

ALERT the Press!!

lol

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He just said that the Senate needs to "pay" them a budget...

He obviously really doesn't understand that The House needs to propose a budget, not the Senate. He needs to get to work proposing a budget that has some sort of snowball's chance of passing a Senate vote.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Was that it? Just stating that they will pass the no budget no pay in congress tomorrow?

ALERT the Press!!

lol

They can't pass it...it ACTUALLY...Violates the constitution. 27th Amendment..
www.foxnews.com...

The conservative group American Majority Action, which has been highly critical of Boehner, also came out against the "no budget, no pay" plan, claiming last week that while it's "clever" it violates the 27th Amendment.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
edit on 22-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by antar

im trying to figure out what that means

the idea is no pay for the Senate or Congress? unless a budget is passed...

Meaning they don't get a paycheck...

It's one of the ONLY responsibilities they have. That and declaring war.. Makes me wonder what the heck they are doing?

I feel like I am watching a bad movie. It's like they are trying to clown me, OR are they really that Stupid!?
edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Dustytoad

ALERT the Press!!

lol

They can't pass it...it ACTUALLY...Violates the constitution. 27th Amendment..
www.foxnews.com...

I was being sarcastic, but thanks for the hint about the 27th.. I love finally learning about my government now that I am OUT of school.

The 27th Amendment states that: "No law, varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.”

Kind of says you cannot do what they are proposing plain and simple...

This is so unreal.
edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thats what my OP was about. Should the constitution be "nullified" for this?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by Indigo5

Thats what my OP was about. Should the constitution be "nullified" for this?

Where you speaking about the 27th Amendment and Boehner's No Budget, No Pay proposal?

I like the idea of Congressmen and Senators not getting paid...they vacation half the year and spend the other half acting like monkeys in front of the cameras so people don't wonder where they have been...but it is unconstitutional....we let them alter pay now (with-hold) and it sets a precedent for them to give themselves raises when they feel like it. Slippery slope and unconstitutional.

Is that what you were referring to in your OP? The 27th Amendment?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Not only that, but undermining any part of the constitution weakens the whole documents authority. this is not something I am willing to allow. I swore not to. My opinion is we have to still pay them, but any way we can just kick them all out, and put in some younger guys, who may care more about the future??

Haha, I'm dreaming in that last part, but yea let's not mess with the constitution..

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Man, what it would be like to work for the government. Sit around most of the day, jerking off. I wish I were kidding. I really wonder what Boehner's IQ is. What a useless idiot.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You're all thinking about this the wrong way. Anyone who is behind a huge amount that can't really be collected and who can't really be bullied knows what to do.

You borrow all you can/all they got, then you say you can't pay any back and then you let the bankers come to you with an offer. Looking to not lose their shirts, they'll come to you w prolly a quarter to third knocked off. You tell them that is still too much, that there is no way you'll ever be able to pay that much back.

They'll come back again, third to half knocked off. Same response, can't do it as we're BROKE.

They'll come back again, half to 2/3rd knocked off. This time you say you might be able to do 2/3rds the debt forgiven if the interest rate is lowered to 0.05%. They'll say no.

They'll come back with a counter of 1%. You say no and wait for them to come back with an offer of 0.5% or better. You accept but with an offer that interest isn't earned for for a period of time.

Huge banking 101 there.

Remember the HONEY of a deal Disney got with Euro Disney mortgage when things were looking bad? Check out the workings from September of last year too.

Huge banking 101, you go so deep in debt that you hold the power.
They can't break our legs, they can't repo anything, and they'll still need our market place, so they'll play as they have no other options. Both sides will look like winners to their backers.

'Sides, money isn't real any longer as it is just fractions of fractions of fractiosn of fractions of IOUs.

Derek

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As a financial professional, and having examined the facts before me, the Amerikan government has but one option.

Bankruptcy. Which of course would devastate their economy and undermine the rest of the global financial community, but that is simply a function of continuous spending beyond their means.

Since they have already acquired enough weaponry to destroy the Earth several times over, mop up of this mess will be a breeze.

Amerikans 1, World dominated.

Problem solved.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

It's what I keep hinting at to everyone...

"When in Rome..."

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Boehner is trying to get a law that's in violation of the Constitution through Congress?

Doesn't he realize that any vote in Congress changing pay can't take effect until the next Congress is seated, and the idea of a "no budget, no pay" bill is completely ridiculous.

He might realize this, but is obviously hoping that the American public is too stupid to realize that any "no budget, no pay" bill won't affect their current Congresspeople, and he's probably right.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think it means that they wont receive pay until they pass a budget.

During that time, the paychecks will be held in a nice safe place drawing interest. Once they pass a budget, they will have a big fat check.

edit on 22-1-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think it's ironic that Boehner meets a blatant violation of the Constitution with what may be another one. Oh, this will get wild if fought hard enough in any public way. After all, he need only point out the fact that the Congress and Administration have violated the Constitution every year since 2009 by failing to produce or pass a budget at all. We haven't HAD one since George Bush's carry-over from 2008.

The United States Budget Process - In Detail

^^ That link explains in great detail how this is SUPPOSED to work so we can know how badly it's been broken. This whole 'pass a budget' thing isn't just a good idea....it's outright law. In fact, it's one of the only things that *IS* spelled out as a specific duty and responsibility of the heads of the Legislative and Executive branches right down to specific dates and times for it to be completed.

The nation would be so nice...if only we had a budget. Maybe next year?

edit on 22-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
Man, what it would be like to work for the government. Sit around most of the day, jerking off. I wish I were kidding. I really wonder what Boehner's IQ is. What a useless idiot.

I wonder too

i have a tip for anyone having trouble counting as high as his IQ, you can just take off one of your shoes

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They use the Constitution to side step anything that will hurt their wallet.
Too bad they're not as protective when it comes to ours.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Yes, its all Obama's fault.

Lets ask the Republicans if they are willing to cut spending on Military things, hey?

Because after all, this issue was nothing of the making during Bush's years, the banker bail out and Iraq, was it? From what I recall Bush took over the economy after Clinton when it making surpluses? or was the budget balanced? In the space of 8yrs we were in such turmoil we had to give the banks a Trillion dollars so they wouldnt go bust!

but, its purely Obama and the dems! Its always them, they are the problem and the Republicans are the saviours if only we can get rid of the antichrist Obama, right?

Stupid stupid stupid fools!

Obama needs to start figuring out how to fix the mess the republicans created, 5yrs now Obama I was hoping you'd have done something by now!

edit on 22-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join