It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOTH John Boehner to hold a press conference @5:00 PM ET

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Not sure what this is about for sure but have a hunch it is about the suspension of the debt ceiling.

The House GOP has opted to forego raising the debt ceiling to a set cap for a three month extension as previously reported. The new decision made by those who control the flow of legislation in the House is to now simply make the debt ceiling limitless until May 19th. Even though Republicans could have requested that at least some sort of spending cuts would be part of this new legislation not a single dime of cuts were requested.

Story here

The press conference is scheduled @ 5:00 ET and can be veiwed here.

Any veiws on them nullifing the constitution again ATS? Sounds like another win win for the Banksters.

ETA Here is a working link to actual Press conference, there was some confusion with the ABC link above. LINK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---

edit on 1/22/13 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

Raise the debt ceiling?!??! Are they nuts?

The should be lowering it by $1T/year until it's $0.00.

I really despise Obama's argument about why it needs to be raised...that is, that he says the money has already been spent. But he wasn't authorized to spend anything above the debt ceiling.

Can we do a payroll deduction on the President for anything spent over the limit?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Raise the Debt Ceiling to $20 Trillian Dollars. That should get you through to 2014 -
Then raise it again.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm going to buy a Loaf of Bread

Isn't that the way things work in America?

More Guns = More Saftey?, so More Debt = More Prosperity?

edit on 22-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

It's already spent because of things like Social Security.. We are not taking in enough taxes to pay for anything.. One of two things must happen. Make more money by borrowing it, OR, stop paying for stuff...

That article had misspellings, and parts of it don't make sense to me.. Just because the debt limit would be raised, makes the congress not the ones who come up with a budget? That seems like shady logic to me..

I guess I'll find out soon though. 15 minutes away.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by proob4

Raise the debt ceiling?!??! Are they nuts?

The should be lowering it by $1T/year until it's $0.00.

I really despise Obama's argument about why it needs to be raised...that is, that he says the money has already been spent. But he wasn't authorized to spend anything above the debt ceiling.

Can we do a payroll deduction on the President for anything spent over the limit?

So you do understand that much of this money that was already spent, was already spent ten to fifteen years ago, right? Just because the GOP decided to suddenly make the debt ceiling something to talk about does not mean that it is. It has been raised over 100 times since the 1960's, with Reagan raising it 18 times in eight years. It wan't even something that was debated in Congress, as it was a matter of doing business.

You can't "lower the debt ceiling by $1T a year until it is $0.00. That would mean we had zero debt, which is a practical impossibility for any first world country...Unless you REALLY want to pay high taxes, that is.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

You can't "lower the debt ceiling by $1T a year until it is $0.00. That would mean we had zero debt, which is a practical impossibility for any first world country...Unless you REALLY want to pay high taxes, that is.

No it is impossible because all money is debt owed back at interest... Even if you collect all the money back you still owe more... This is why wealth and value must be stolen from other countries, and forever expansion is a Need.. Only countries that don't have a central bank, can possibly survive.. Of course they are the main targets of the expansive need of the centrally controlled USA.

Kinda screwy ehh?
edit on 1/22/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by proob4

Are they nuts?

A quick and simple answer to the question you asked.

Yes

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
So what I've learned from politics is that as long as you keep raising the ceiling, you never have to pay it back and everybody gets free money. That sounds pretty damn good. Keep raising it!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

I agree! I am just wondering what this press conference is about? Is it out of the norm for a SOTH to hold one?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Well it's stating now, let's see what this is all about. Weird location looks roadside. You can hear jet's and helicoptors a lot. I wonder whats up?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Not sure what this is about for sure but have a hunch it is about the suspension of the debt ceiling.
The press conference is scheduled @ 5:00 ET and can be veiwed here.

I wonder if he is going to announce that he is the interim President, as Obama is no longer the President....

According to the nutters over at the One peoples public Trust!
edit on 22-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Well it's stating now, let's see what this is all about. Weird location looks roadside.

Very weird location visually and sound wise, and then the guy has to come in and duct tape a mic to the stand "yes that'll work. Yeah that's good, as long as no one bumps it.." (~sound guy)
hahaha this seems kind of ghetto.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Are they flying him in on a helicopter?

That's what it sounds like.

Odd place for a press conference IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It doesn't appear cold there either. It is cold in DC right now right? No cold breath on these guys.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

It doesn't appear cold there either. It is cold in DC right now right? No cold breath on these guys.

North Carolina where I am at is like 35 degrees, so I'm assuming DC is kinda cold yes.

EDIT: DC is 24 degrees F right Now... Odd they are wearing short sleeves and rolled up sleeves..

Is this the right feed ? I'm confused.

(was wrong feed somehow)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It is on the Lone Star shooting....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry ATS, I think this is about the shooting in Texas today. But where is obama and biden why use the SOTH? It says Boenhner @ 5 on the ABC page??? Whoops ATS.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Say it isn't about......the eye roll.

I had to, I am sorry. Please keep us posted. I am on my cell, so I am relying on this thread for updates.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nevermind

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Try this.

www.speaker.gov...

Nothing on yet but notes it's scheduled.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join