It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry's Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

A few hundred for a good room, a few thousand for a nice one. And you are still missing the point, don't be so sad that women won't touch your naughty places. If you were a rich, handsome prince and solider like this cat, they might want to have wild sex in vegas with you to. Please remember, the kind of soldier that's gonna do this is likely single and spending most of his time in a desert, and that many soldiers take leave together. Don't be so damn naive.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Linking and the likening of real war and the shooting of real human beings to video games by a member of the British Royal family was a disgrace. So many young people including children, look up to prince harry as a role model. He should be ashamed of himself. He is entitled to feel that way of course but needs to learn when to keep his mouth buttoned. Shocking.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

What's his brother doing?

If your talking about William, he actually flies for the Royal Air Force search and rescue. I think It's kinda of like the coast guard search and rescue here in the USA. Both these young men serve in the Military and I commend them for their service, neither of them have to do this and I think it says something about them that the choose too.

I think Harry gets a bad rap because he's a bad boy, But think about it, the chances of him ever becoming king are slim to none, especially once Kate has her baby, yet he still has to play the role of "prince" I'm sure if he could just drop the whole royal prince business and be a regular solider he would.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Guess I've not got the time to examine the lives of these idiots more closely. The Taliban missed a great opportunity there, could've made millions with a ransom demand.
Wow, lets hope your Taliban friends learn to provide the services we both enjoy in our country rather than discrimination of women and the like in areas they control. Why not move to one, gotta be better than Scotland

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I like how all the brits defended him without question, really goes to show you the state of that country..

I think you will find that the Brits are defending him, because it is the correct thing to do in this circumstance. I have my own mind thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Believe me he IS out there doing his bit. Not like his uncle andrew who was NOWHERE NEAR the falkland islands in 1982, But somehow accumulated more medals than whats for sale on ebay! Btw formula 1 drivers use video games to learn new tracks, So i guess it wont be much different to flying an apache. Its still a computer simulation
edit on 22-1-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Linking and the likening of real war and the shooting of real human beings to video games by a member of the British Royal family was a disgrace. So many young people including children, look up to prince harry as a role model. He should be ashamed of himself. He is entitled to feel that way of course but needs to learn when to keep his mouth buttoned. Shocking.
Describing the similarity of hand control between apache and xbox is no big shock...ah, infowars, polishing cream for the tin-hats and those who find it difficult to think laterally.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I don't think he has said anything here that most others in the Military wouldn't have said too.

Indeed - sitting in the gunner’s seat of an Apache is just like a video game. You have a helmet mounted camera that guides the Gatling gun and a joystick to control the missiles. You never "see" the enemy other than on a screen in shades of gray or white/black infrared contrast. Very impersonal. It’s not like individual combat.

He is just one of the boys by all accounts from my friends in the Mob. It is difficult for civilians to understand the mindset of a Military person, you do not understand because it is a protection for ourselves to protect us from the things we see and do. You have to make light of the situation or dehumanise yourself, otherwise you would end up a nervous wreck.

Wartime humor is sometimes cruel - a lot of men "deal" by making light of things that are simply not funny because the only other emotions available, despair, sadness and guilt will lead to you ending up being the butt of the other side’s coping mechanisms. Those negative emotions affect your "edge".

Harry has said nothing wrong here, and kudos to him for putting himself in the firing line and not being a hypocrite by being behind the establishment that sent the UK to war but not be prepared to go to war himself.

Indeed again, least he is sharing the risk. To the one who opined that flying in an airframe is not putting oneself in harm’s way. clearly you have never been a Soldier. It’s not infantry sure but he is at more risk flying around at 150 knots nap of the earth in a machine that can fail than I am tooling about in my boots. They don't get shot down often but then can... They do crash on occasion and systems fail etc... The pilot is under more risk from his equipment than I am from enemy.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I like how all the brits defended him without question, really goes to show you the state of that country..

I think you will find that the Brits are defending him, because it is the correct thing to do in this circumstance. I have my own mind thank you very much.

I am passionately against the constitutional monarchy in our country but as far as any 28yr old lad who is on active service in this US led BS war, I'll support the guy as a fellow human being. Shame some international posters cannot distinguish between 'prince' and squaddie.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Why ?? when it is truth should he better off telling a lie?, "it is not like a video game, it is more like eating corn flakes... boring, dull and tasteless" When it is a video game environment, the only difference is they shoot back with real bullets.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I actually thought he came across really well in the interview, I watched the full extended version on BBC news earlier and his contempt for the media was very apparent as was his willingness to serve his country and just be a normal guy.

I don't agree with war and I certainly don't agree with this war but I do feel for anyone who is actually involved in war, whether it be young guys like Harry or innocent people getting their houses bombed... war is awful.

I actually feel bad for Harry... I don't think he wants the Royal life... his mum taught him well and I think he really longs to just be a guy, a squaddie, a lad.

Also the OP is sensationalist crap and not even true.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Amen. Capt. Wales seems like a good chap to get a pint with before getting in a fight over soccer teams. Let's leave the soldiers be eh? Plenty of real politicians and dumb asses to hate.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Capt. Wales seems like a good chap to get a pint with before getting in a fight over soccer teams. Let's leave the soldiers be eh? Plenty of real politicians and dumb asses to hate.
I agree. He's back in the UK now so I hope he's getting twatted with a load of mates at a location where no sly bastard camera phones invade on his deserved home leave. I would expect nothing less for any of our other service men and women.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RN311

Oh yeah that's right. I forgot he was pilot as well.

I take back my GQ comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why do we even bother with sympathy and compassion anymore? Why do we bother with human rights. It's such a distraction from our selfish bloodlust.

Why do we bother teaching our young that what happened with the Native Americans, the African slave trade, the Jews in WWII, the Ukrainians under Stalin, South African Apartheid, CIA-funded and -trained South American rightwing dictatorships, the Palestinians, Neo-Colonialization of the Third World, Pol Pot, the current wars for the Freedom of the Afghans (to be violently liberated from their body parts), and so on...

I suppose if the reward for turning people who don't look and sound like you into unrecognisable red, gooey-yet-oh-so-chunky pulp, is lots and lots of vagina, then, its worth it, right? It's all about me! It's all about my orgasm...

I'm a big, bad soldier and I just liberated a village...I demand the youngest, hottest virgin for my work!

It's simpler, I guess...I think baboons have a similar tactic.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for the young princes. They do there bit. Some of the other royals earn a ton of cash and do nothing. They are both trained pilots and prince william has rescued numerous people with his raf search and rescue unit. Fair play to them

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

I don't know if it's the reward, but it is certainly an incentive. You know, that and doing something noble and possibly sacrificing your life for a purpose greater then yourself. But yea, your right....silly little boys dying for freedom.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
I suppose if the reward for turning people who don't look and sound like you into unrecognisable red, gooey-yet-oh-so-chunky pulp, is lots and lots of vagina, then, its worth it, right?
Wow, such a misguided idea of the guys intentions, he could get as much pussy by just doing the social circuit like the average 'born into money' people do.
His service appears to me to be more about chasing a 'freedom' from being a 'prince' while serving in the regular 'family' of the British Army.

However, if you have some information to confirm that he serves solely to shag then please do share it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that this was also published so Harry could divert some of the spotlight off Kate and William.
Because it's shocking and most likely true, people are going to gobble it up while whatever's going on with Kate, Wills, and their unborn baby is forgotten for a bit.
It's all orchestrated so well, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ah, I see! Here I was, thinking that Harry might have made a genuine gaffe, while all the time nothing of the sort has happened.

What has happened, is that the news media have deliberately misrepresented his statements, and the locals in the region have misinterpreted them, and thier intent. All the Prince was doing, is pointing out that he is happy that the hours of playing games, have given him an intuitive grasp of the machinery of war, which it is his job to control.

He was NOT saying that he feels the same way about murdering tens of thousands of sprites, as he does about taking out terroristic psychopaths, who are armed to the gunnels with RPGs, and leave IED all over the place for our lads to stumble across.

I may not agree with the reasons for which the war in Afghanistan was started, but I cannot accept this deliberate, and frankly pathetic attempt to twist the meaning of Prince Harry's words. It is typical of the sensationalist media to turn an innocent comment into a dire diplomatic balls up, and it is getting bloody tiresome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join