It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Harry's Mental Problem: Murdering Afghans is Like a Video Game

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
It is typical of the sensationalist media to turn an innocent comment into a dire diplomatic balls up, and it is getting bloody tiresome.
Typical of infowars, emotional lube, for the masses who cannot think critically.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I don't think it's a 'mental problem' for a soldier to kill Taliban terrorists and not have a problem with doing it. The more Taliban he kills .. the better off the world is. No problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Agreed. However, with some news media outlets, at least there is pretence of subtlety, sophistry even in some cases. With this bunch of hacks however, one has come to expect all the subtlety of a burning bag of scat. That is precisely what we get, and I suppose we should not be shocked, but that does not prevent me from being appalled by thier output.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Funny how it seems to target men to isn't it? You know it's not aimed at women.

Cause i mean really, a rich and handsome prince with a tragic past who would rather be a soldier and hang around with his boys? Throw in a romantic interest and that right there is box office gold. Change the name, fudge the background a bit, you could easily cast it and shoot it for less than 20 million with a huge potential for profit.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Totally agreed mate, I'm a full-on republican anti-constitutional-monarchy Welshman, but as far as Harry and his service is concerned, I've got plenty of respect for him being there doing his thing with all the thousands of non-royal British service men and women in that #hole sandpit.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

That age-old Testosterone/Estrogen thing I guess, different leading hormones, different responses, no matter how equal we all are.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
what's the problem with his statement?

in war it is like a video game,

Modern Warefare 3 / Battlefield Bad Company / Homefront

the games have gotten pretty spot on in realism, lingo, strategies

to me fighting was just like a video game

our squad would score "headshots" just as we did when we got back to barracks and played call of duty or whatnot on the xbox or ps3 we had

you train a military of killers and we kill

what's so shocking about that?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Like the book Enders Game, in the book kids of high level are taken to attend a school where they thought everything was a simulation for a future war that they were training for but in the end the simulation (the game) was the real war and these people didn't have to go anywhere just excell in the game or training. Sorta like drone war fare today never in the battle but sure as hell winning from the seat you sit in with your moded controller.

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
OP didn't hang around for long.
I'm surprised, after such initial emotionally charged and vociferous assertions about someone he/she doesn't know, and based solely on the rag source that is infowars

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I know Princess Dianna would have NEVER condoned this,
more than likely that's why she was killed.
His mother is crying from the grave,
shame on harry, this is NOT how your mother raised you,
brainwashed now by the colonizing scum.
*** The Real Crown does NOT belong to regal bloodlines***

edit on 22/1/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Ah a Welshman! Im proud of my Welsh roots. Both my grandfathers were Welsh, and both married English women after the end of the second world war. Im not anti-royal, funnily enough, it was respect for my grandfathers that I think shaped my respect for my nation.

It also informed my pride in my working class origins. All that aside however, it seems to me that although its right and fair that a press organisation have the freedom to say whatever takes thier fancy, that there ought to be a method by which those who are misrepresented, can straighten the record in public, and I am not talking about small retractions in papers and websites. I am talking a publication whose sole purpose is to re-balance the scale of information, when it gets skewed by spurious and ill informed reportage.

The pitch gets ever queerer in the hands of morons like infowars, in a world that is hard enough to live in without thier bloody waffle!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here is what I think about this:

Plain and simple, Harry strikes me as one of those guys or "blokes" who doesn't think through the ramifications of what he is saying before he speaks. I think this was the case here. I think what he was trying to say was this:

"Hey, I'm good at playing video games and using my fingers, so this Apache piloting job was right up my alley."

What he ended up sounding like was a purposefully violent imperialistic, Afghani-killing princeling--completely out of touch with the violent reality on the ground.

Neither my former statement about him or the later statement shed good light on the man's character, but I don't believe he is as monstrous as he is made out to be. Just a good old fashion idiot.

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And it's typical of frankly any Brit to defend this scum inbred family for absolutely no other reason than they've been brainwashed since birth to do so. Such a proud people brits are yet refuse to get off their #ing knee to known tyrants.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

[/yawn] you do not know any of what you posted. Personal belief based assertions, nothing more.

The pitch gets ever queerer in the hands of morons like infowars, in a world that is hard enough to live in without thier bloody waffle!
Totally agreed, and it doesn't help when the lost lambs on the hillside bleat such unsubstantiated rubbish as fact in their OP's.
...ps, I married an English girl as well

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

Precisely. The only thing about what you said that I cannot agree with, is that what he said sounds wrong. It doesnt, not unless, one is SEEKING to make him look a pillock. If one assumes, as one bloody well OUGHT to , that his intention is pure, then theres nothing there.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by theghoster

Precisely. The only thing about what you said that I cannot agree with, is that what he said sounds wrong. It doesnt, not unless, one is SEEKING to make him look a pillock. If one assumes, as one bloody well OUGHT to , that his intention is pure, then theres nothing there.

Actually, that isn't a bad point.

-TheGhoster

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Hardly typical of Brits actually. Many are apathetic about these things, and others hold the veiw that we shouldnt have a monarchy at all. There is no such thing as a typical Brit anyway. We have one of the most diverse collective cultures on the planet, and healthy debate RAGES on these subjects, so please, can your spurious generalisations before you make yourself look silly.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
I know Princess Dianna would have NEVER condoned this,

I'm sure she'd be very proud of him.
The whole purpose of him going was to kill bad guys.
So that's what he's doing ... killing bad guys. Good for him.
Maybe he should move to Chicago and become an American citizen.
He could go into law enforcement. I'd welcome him as an American anyday.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

www.infowars.com

After frolicking naked with a nude nubile in Las Vegas, Captain Harry Wales was sent to Afghanistan to co-pilot an Apache attack helicopter and fight the CIA-created opposition, the Taliban.

The dashing young grandson of the aging monarch Queen Elizabeth and the second son of heir-to-the-throne Prince Charles has since compared killing Afghan insurgents to playing video games.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[/url]

Leave him alone - it is not his fault he was born a prince and it is his job in the Army to attack insurgents who are shooting at the troops on the ground. That is what he is trained and employed to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59

And it's typical of frankly any Brit to defend this scum inbred family for absolutely no other reason than they've been brainwashed since birth to do so. Such a proud people brits are yet refuse to get off their #ing knee to known tyrants.

Not true - I do not like the royal pretenders but I do like Harry.
edit on 22-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join