It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports Of Shots Fired At Lone Star College In Texas

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

if you're not familiar with the region, you are welcome to your doubts ... mine are few.

honestly, what difference does it make if it were gang or domestic or drug/alcohol related ??

uh no ... x-factor = x-factor, not your imaginary theory.
x = unknown ... always has, always will.

one cannot 'fix' the unknown

i didn't follow your links cause Huff takes forever to load, so here's my question ... why are you using the same source & Breaking News to imply the story has been taken out of the spotlight ?

i'm not suggesting it has or hasn't been, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other ... however, if it is disappearing, that indicates to me, that it doesn't fit the propaganda scheme like they had hoped it would.

So you are saying that the things that block this can not be removed?
i suppose so ... kinda hard to remove the x-factor when you accept that it represents the 'unknown', huh ?

when i hear/read such suggestions, an image of Galileo comes to mind ... yep, the world is Flat

if you find it insanely obvious, that's not a bad thing.
however, if you believe it can make a positive difference, share the opinion and why ... to some, it's not insanely obvious.

pffffft, i voted many times, what good has it done ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Copy cats....violent video games, pharma drugs and violent movies to reinforce and desensitize.

Violent video games are played all over the world, yet you dont see any Austrians or Dutchmen shooting up schools every week because of it.

Violent movies ar also distributed to the rest of the world , so why arent Australians or Italians shooting up random people on the street every week ?

Pharma drugs, France is the most drugged nation in the world, so why is it we dont see mass shootings in France every day ?

However, there are two things USA has plenty of which other civilized countries dont, lunatics and guns.
edit on 23-1-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Well I am not familiar with that area. Exactly how bad of an area is it? Is it common for people to get shot there?

The X factor can be removed in this case and probably with everything eventually, save a few key things. The world is flat analogy would apply to thinking that it can not be removed in this case.

WE promote the attitudes of our own society. This works as a whole and goes all the way from Washington to the streets. We are actually in this together (shocker I know), and have to treat it as such or things will not get better for anyone. If we live a self-absorbed life with the short term goal of worldly rewards, we have not only hurt our souls but the future generations also have to pay for our foolishness. While we might feel better in this life only caring about ourselves, and worshiping ourselves and priding ourselves on being better then others in this area or that area, it is no where near beneficial to society as a whole. The strong must look out for the weak, not the other way around. Otherwise - EVERYONE, the strong included, suffer. This is just obvious though right?

We have to change the attitudes around us. I have been around long enough to know that people are talking about the wrong things, and the wrong way, for most of their lives. The only time they get serious is when profits are involved. If this is the dominating attitude - everyone loses.

It's kinda like the prisoners theory in economics. We should all just shut up huh? It is beneficial for either one of us to be a snake to the other and back stab them, but only to ourselves and only in the short term. It is most beneficial to both of us to keep our mouth shut.

The problem is why do we apply this to economics and people being interrogated by police? In reality, we should be applying it to our morals. The reason we apply it to only economics and people being interrogated by police is because of exactly what this theory says. Either one can gain the upper hand by being a snake - in the short term. People take that path by applying this lesson to economics and police interrogation but not morale code. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

It is most beneficial to everyone if we do not stab eachother in the back, because this has long term reprecussions that are not profitable, or in this analogy it would mean hurts the generations to come in ways you can not imagine.

I am really tired I hope I typed that right. We are finally back on topic.

edit on 23-1-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

This scene from the movie V for Vendetta seems to be coming to life. With the only difference being the M.O.
SnF

edit on 23-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
I started to post yesterday that my sources had told me that there was going to be at least three more school shootings and a VA hospital shooting of disabled American Vets, but I didn't, thinking that it would be taken apart by ATS because I have no tangible proof. I wish I had, now, and from now on, I will.

The reason, my sources told me, is that the current regime wants total gun, land and resources confiscation, martial law, and total governmental control and, that just being white will get you incarcerated or killed. I guess we will see.

.I received a message from my brother across the water
He sat laughin' as he wrote the end's in sight
So I said goodbye to all my friends
And packed my hopes inside a matchbox
'Cause I know it's time to fly

Come on, meet me in the morning, Meet me in the middle of the night
The morning light is comin', don't it make you wanna go and feel alright

I just jumped a train that never stops,
So now somehow I'll know I never finished payin' for my ride
Just n' someone pushed a gun into my hand
Tell me I'm the type of man to fight the fight that I'll require

Come on, meet me in the morning, wont you Meet me in the middle of the night
The morning light is comin', don't it make you wanna go and feel alright

Oh, mama, well I think it's time I'm leavin'
Nothin' here to make me stay
Whoa, mama, well it must be time I'm goin'
They're knockin' down them doors
They're tryin' to take me away

Please Mr. Brakeman, won't you ring your bell. And ring loud and clear
Please Mr. Fireman, won't you ring your bell
Tell the people they got to fly away from here

I once saw a picture of a lady with a baby
Southern lady, had a very, very special smile
We are in the middle of a change in destination
When the train stops, all together we will smile
Oh, meet me in the morning. Won't you meet me in the middle of the night, night, night
Everybody know the mornin' time is comin'
Don't it make you wanna feel alright. Ah, ah, yeah
Make me feel alright. Fly now, baby
Get to fly, yeah. Fly now, baby.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Honor93

Well I am not familiar with that area. Exactly how bad of an area is it? Is it common for people to get shot there?

Well being from Texas and being familiar with that area or town. I am really surprised this hasn't happened sooner. Sadly every city has its "bad" spots and this is close to one of those "bad" spots.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtooDetoo
Violent video games are played all over the world, yet you dont see any Austrians or Dutchmen shooting up schools every week because of it.

Violent movies ar also distributed to the rest of the world , so why arent Australians or Italians shooting up random people on the street every week ?

Pharma drugs, France is the most drugged nation in the world, so why is it we dont see mass shootings in France every day ?

However, there are two things USA has plenty of which other civilized countries dont, lunatics and guns.
edit on 23-1-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

That above qoute will get my vote for being the MOST RETARDED post ever.

1. NOT ALL video games uses guns as the main too. Swords, brute strength and magic too is used. Billions in the world play those games, and if such games create monsters, why have not our planet been wiped out yet, and only the few would commit such insane and atrocious stupidities?

2. To claim ONLY americans capable of mass slaughters and that it do not exists in other civilised nation - had the poster been living in disneyland with blinkers put on? Are there NO VIOLENCE, insane mass slayings in other nations? Is the rest of the world populated by angels and where VIOLENCE, slaughter DO NOT HAPPEN?

Or is it that it is ok to slaughtered by knives, sticks and stones, but not ok to be shot by guns?

3. Back on topic, the college shooting was not mass rampage, but an argument between 2 men, with one of the firing, hurting and harming one and another, as based upon the report. No one else was injured, nor was there any mass shooting intentions it seemed, as the shooter did not shoot to kill, but to hurt.

This is something COMMON ALL ROUND THE WORLD, not just in US, whereby when a human lost all reasoning ability, the desire to hurt and harm overcomes all directives. Regardless if he did not have a gun, he would have used a penknife, switchblade, dagger, a metal chair or pipe, or even his own fist to PLACATE that madness and rage in him.

It is such madness and rage that we society must deal with. Dealing with tools will never solve the problem and is only deluding ourselves that it would, and will only see more of such cases happening.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
One bystander was injured. The shooter was actually taken from the scene after shooting himself.

The early reports were off a bit.

The gunfire erupted during an argument between two men near the library on the campus at 2700 W.W. Thorne about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Carlton Berry, 22, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly opened fire, wounding two men, including a maintenance worker who was an innocent bystander. The worker was wounded in the leg, deputies said.

Deputies said the other victim had two gunshot wounds. Both victims have what appear to be non life-threatening injuries. Their names have not been released.

Berry was also wounded. He apparently accidently shot himself in the hip. Initial reports indicated he ran away from the campus after the shooting and later showed up at a nearby hospital seeking treatment for a gunshot wound.

However, he never fled the campus, said Deputy Thomas Gilliland, a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Gilliland said paramedics rushed him to a nearby hospital. The two victims identified him as the gunmen before he left the campus, Gilliland added.

Gilliland said reports of Berry's possible accomplice who ran away into a nearby wooded area prompted law enforcement officers to scour areas near the school. But they found no one and now are uncertain if an accomplice was involved.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtooDetoo

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

And you made that one up
www2.nbc26.tv...
articles.mercola.com...
www.sptimes.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

the 'flat' comment was sarcasm, sorry you missed it.

common for ppl to get shot in gun-free zones ???
yes, it matters not which state.

you are free to think it but i firmly disagree.
unknown is just that, unknown.
it cannot be removed until it becomes 'known'.
so, good luck with that.

If we live a self-absorbed life with the short term goal of worldly rewards, we have not only hurt our souls but the future generations also have to pay for our foolishness.
that is a pretty big IF, don't ya think ?

while this is a fantastic ideal ...

The strong must look out for the weak, not the other way around.
can you evidence this via the animal kingdom ??
and no, i'm not talking about cross-breed compassion, either.

obvious ?? no, it isn't.
in the wild, it is un-natural behavior.

perhaps you should be talking with different people ?

don't agree with the 'prison theory' you mentioned either.
they, are not operating on a level field of play, we are.

it's more like fumbling the ball and then the opposing side takes 2 time-outs and a half-time break before re-commencing play.

and, you're ignoring the impact of the 5th amendment, why ??

i'm all for the Golden Rule and its application, too bad the police don't agree.

while this is good in theory

It is most beneficial to everyone if we do not stab eachother in the back
the history of human existence has proven quite the opposite.

Not saying that i support such behavior, but to deny its prevalence or existence is akin to inviting the Reaper to dinner.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I'm guessing he messed up on the draw considering he wasn't shot by anyone but himself. If he had been shot, the impact could have caused him to jerk down and shoot himself but this doesn't seem to be the case, causing me to believe he messed up the draw.

OR, it is possible his gun went off by accident and he thought he was being shot at, and proceeded to "return fire" but I do doubt this.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He was said to be the shooter so he must have shot the others then manage to shoot himself. Maybe his gangster style shooting didn't work so well.

Edit: I think if he got shot first he probably wouldn't have gotten two others. He may have not paid attention to his weapons muzzle and trigger in the excitement.

edit on 1/23/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

i am curious why it hasn't been mentioned whether this gun-toter, legally owned his gun or not
i'm leaning toward the 'illegally' owned aspect or the story wouldn't be fading so soon.

yes, he was carrying it illegally (in GFZ) but i'm wondering about 'owning' it legally, just in case anyone is confused by the inquiry.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The only legal way for him to have it on his person out in the world, not in a car or his property, is with a CHL.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You missed the post I think. Read it again and see if your answer is the same. Maybe I am missing what you are saying.

One thing is obvious he was not aware of his muzzle.

Define gangster style shooting? Many gang members are trained by combat veterans. Of course many more are not, but still logic must be applied.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

i am curious why it hasn't been mentioned whether this gun-toter, legally owned his gun or not
i'm leaning toward the 'illegally' owned aspect or the story wouldn't be fading so soon.

yes, he was carrying it illegally (in GFZ) but i'm wondering about 'owning' it legally, just in case anyone is confused by the inquiry.

edit on 23-1-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

He didn't own it legally. They would have mentioned that I have to assume, given the source. They don't mention it because it does not suite the agenda of disarming the average citizen.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't think there is an owning legally, except for age (21) and not a felon. I believe a person can use a handgun that someone else bought.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Q: How long is the waiting period to buy a Handgun / Shotgun / Rifle in Texas?

A: There is no waiting period for purchasing a firearm in the state of Texas.

Q: I just moved to Texas, do I have to register my firearms?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms.

Q: I just inherited / bought a gun from someone in Texas, do I need to transfer the gun to my name?

A: No, there is no state registration of firearms, thus there is no requirement transfer the firearm in your name.

Q: What is required to purchase a firearm in the state of Texas?

A: You will need a valid state-issued ID. Many FFLs will not sell to out-of-state residents. This is due to the FFL's requirement to uphold your resident state's gun laws, and the inherient complexity associated with many states.

Q: Can I carry a firearm on my person?

A: Yes, with proper licensing (Concealed Handgun License) you may carry a pistol or revolver on your person so long as it remains concealed. Long guns (rifles / shotguns) do not have to be concealed, but must be carried in a manner not calculated to cause alarm, and do not require a license.

www.texasgunlaws.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS.

(a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

(a-1) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun in a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control at any time in which:

(1) the handgun is in plain view; or

(2) the person is:

(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic;

(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm; or

(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as defined by Section 71.01.

edit on 1/23/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

And schools because they are gun-free zones with little to no security. All the people who have gone to schools to go shoot children and defenseless students are a bunch of chicken sh*ts

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join