It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian PM Julia Gillard At It Again: Forcefully Removing Politicians From Their Seats.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
For all those who do not know, Julia Gillard is Australia's first female Prime Minister. She obtained power by backstabbing and removing our former leader forcefully. At the public's disgust, Gillard held an election which resulted in a hung Parliament. Making deals with the Greens, she secured power over Australia. Now she has forcefully removed a senator from their seat...the only reason being that the respective senator was not indigenous. Gillard removed the senator in order to increase the Labor party's chances of success in the upcoming election.

Crossin angered by PM's push for Peris

Labor Senator Trish Crossin has accused Julia Gillard of undermining the ALP's processes after she was dumped by the prime minister to make way for Olympian Nova Peris.

Ms Gillard wants Ms Peris to become the first indigenous woman in the federal parliament, saying she's been troubled about the federal Labor's lack of indigenous representation.

She has used her 'captain's pick' to ask ALP leaders to put the former hockey star first on the Senate ticket in the Northern Territory.

Senator Crossin, who has been in parliament for 15 years, told reporters in Sydney she was told of the plan to oust her only on Monday evening.

'This announcement by the prime minister today totally undermines (the selection) process and undermines the right of members in the NT to preselect whom they will want,' she said.

Further, it appears that Julia Gillard may have broken the law by doing this. According to The Daily Telegraph:

Gillard's words make clear that, were Crossin an indigenous Australian, she would not have lost her job. According to the Racial Discrimination Act, it is unlawful to dismiss someone by reason of race, colour or national or ethnic origin.

This is a most interesting situation...especially considering the axed senator was a supporter of Kevein Rudd (our former PM)...

If anything, this incident undeniably proves that Gillard cannot be trusted.

Sources:

www.skynews.com.au...
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...
edit on 22-1-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is a disgusting act by Gillard. I watched the press conference today and by the way she was speaking, this was a sealed deal and the outgoing politician knew what was going on. She is nothing but a compulsive liar and I hope she isn't re-elected at the next election. I feel sorry for the lady who has busted her guts for 14 years in the N.T only to be shafted. I'm pretty sure she was also a Rudd fan which may also have something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

A COMPLETE PURE POLITICAL OBSCENITY!

Personal Disclosure: I am spewing blood over this!

CAUTION: GRAPHIC!!! [note: not me in the vid ok]

She can't be fair dinkum ... therefor she cannot be True Blue!

Methinks it is time for Rudd to make a proper comeback!

Or do I have to take charge???

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Agreed!

We need someone like Nick Xenophon to run our country. He is great!

As for Labor...the quicker they leave, the better.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What's the big deal.
Switching one crook for another.
They both are going to screw you.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What's the big deal.

Well lying on live television to start with.. I can't believe she actually done it and expected the shafted politician to sit back and say nothing. She is the dumbest prime minister we have had, well since I've been around anyway. What did she call it, "A Captains pick"
, anyone would think she was playing cricket or something..
edit on 22-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
What's the big deal.

That's not the point i was trying to make...

Our leader was known to lie and backstab our former one (Kevin Rudd). Now she has proved those actions a second time by doing this to a senator and long time politician...who also happened to be a K Rudd supporter.

Further, our leader done this on the basis of race, therefore she effectively broke the law (according to the article i linked above).

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This woman is truly repulsive. She must go. She’s a horrible leader. “There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead”... Her voice is absolutely awful. How was came to power is puzzling, really. How she’s still there is disgraceful. It seems only middle aged women and younger women with absolutely no idea but politics, and life really, support her purely because she’s female - no other reason, literally. [“Durr, I support her because she’s a woman and what’s she’s doing is great for women’s equality...”] (para phrase by the way). This is another incident to add to the long line of shameful acts in her political career. This puppet needs to go. Labour needs to go. They all need to go. There’s literally no outstanding, clear candidate for the Prime Ministership. Tony Abbot would be a better choice than Gillard though.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

I listened to him aswell about the climate tax and he actually spoke some truth today. We have had all this weather before whether Gillard or the scientists believe it or not.. I don't see how taxing carbon is fixing the problem anyway. Since when did money stop carbon emissions?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Well she's a politician isn't she?
Isn't that what they do?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sorry to say I'm not familiar with the Australian system of government - but don't you have something like "impeachment" down there? Isn't there a governor general (viceroy) that can be appealed to?
Being an ugly american, I just can't help but think your government doesn't have SOME for of recall for politicians.
Good luck!

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Will be interesting to see if australians do a thing about it. Will you guys let it slide? Is there anything you can do, similar to impeachment?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Will be interesting to see if australians do a thing about it. Will you guys let it slide? Is there anything you can do, similar to impeachment?

We really should be pulling an Egyptian protest in Canberra because of this goose and her ridiculous political party. But no Australian would care let alone pick corruption even when it is right in front of them. With that, our people actually think there is nothing they can do about it. I think our people fear the government. They would rather see their freedoms stripped than fight for anything. I hate saying that being Australian but its likely true.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sooner that mad cow, read headed power hungry B(*ch is out the better.

Man there's been some bad eggs in parliament recently, seems the public don't really have a say in anything, I miss the Howard days.

1. Peter 'golden' slipper who thought he was a god until he got shafted for sexual harassment.

2. Julia 'Backstabber & Tax everything' Gillard who's always looking for her next power trip.

3. Craig 'under the table' Thomson who was getting kickbacks from the health unions.

4. Families Minister Jenny 'It was an audio background noise' Macklin who told ABC news she could live off 35 bucks a day but later made her office come up with an excuse saying she misheard the question due to a revving car in the background.

edit on 23-1-2013 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Australians think that they play politics that matter? How cute. In reality, you've all accepted political servitude to the warm embrace of China and suckle from the teat of communists.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Errrrrrm.... Isn't she Welsh?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Errrrrrm.... Isn't she Welsh?

Yep, and if I heard correctly, Abbot is a pom also.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

dont they have any laws in Australia? preventing things like this from happening?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
At least her act of corruption is relatively transparent. The puppet shows and shadow games going on in the US are rediculously difficult to uncover, and most citizens are in a state-sponsored state of denial.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Trust me most Aussies are to pre-occupied thinking about the long weekend, I know I am.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join