It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a break...for just one day at least.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I shouldn't even have to open this by saying what my personal feelings are about our President or his agenda and politics. If I do? Well....Welcome to ATS, new member. Check my profile and it'll become clear in a jiffy.

Now that I have the obligatory troll repellent deployed on my perimeter, let me get to my meat and potatoes.

GIVE THE MAN A BREAK ALREADY

For the love of God people, give it a rest for just one day. This man DID win a second term of Office. He IS our President for the next 4 years. This is a done deal and one we can't wish away or will to be different...however much I wish we could.

Given that, if we ever expect to even be taken seriously in demanding Obama give more than lip service to the 50% of the nation who didn't elect him .... Little things like allowing him his ONE DAY to celebrate his second win and term isn't asking too much. In fact, it's just being a decent American, IMO.

I don't have to like him. I don't even have to CARE WHO HE IS. The Office of the President of the United States is timeless and far more than the sum of the mere men who pass through it every 4 - 8 years. Maintaining the traditions of the Office are important but so is a basic respect for it. WHOEVER holds it.

On a personal note here for context, I absolutely detested Bill Clinton. I still DO as a man. He's a scumbag. He wasn't a bad President when judged by history and measurable numbers, though. I had the experience of being within just 10 feet or so of President Clinton's convoy in Las Vegas one day as they shut down HIS side of the interstate but not the oncoming. So I found myself baffled by the sudden absence of any traffic ...when along came 'The President'. It's awe inspiring. Even if the MAN in the Office at any moment may or may not be one we have any respect for personally.

So I plead with my fellow members as much as I rant at the lack of hope that this will make any difference.

Give President Obama and his supporters their one day of celebration without attacking EVERY LITTLE THING that can possibly be attacked

Obama is the President and he's President to us all. He is NOT God and so, is NOT perfect. He screws up...like everyone else. I'll be right with anyone to attack him on what he REALLY screws up on (Oh, we have NO shortage of meaningful things to address there).... but hammering every tack like it's a railroad spike just makes people look absurd and petty, IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No.

Tell me, do you think that the left would give ANY Republican a break, even for one MINUTE?

edit on 21-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As long as republican and democrats keep getting elected as scumbag in chief, they will be receiving no break from me.

The office of president hasn't deserved respect in decades.

So...

NO

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

C'mon..... Is it even productive? I've seen the P.A. voting %'s, just like you have. I wrote a whole thread if I recall, on the Florida outcomes and %'s. I've certainly seen the Ohio outcomes and the over all map? Well... It speaks for itself, doesn't it?

So, of course I'm well aware of the issues and numbers when saying what I am. I'm also realistic in saying that the odds anything is ever checked into more than it already has been are about the same as winning the Powerball and the Trifecta on the horses all on the same day.

Given that..there ARE real, ongoing and MAJOR issues that must be met and challenged ....but today? Well, in some ways Obama almost has some good reason to feel pissed off and bitter to the point of downright malicious against a % of the population. It's nothing a President SHOULD ever feel ...but listen to the tapes of Nixon sometime. They're so boring, you''ll be in tears ...but you'll never look at a top leader quite the same again either.

Tomorrow comes soon enough though. Carry on bashing him to a bloody pulp on the political stage then..but so far I've seen threads on a POSSIBLE flub in his wording, who was in attendance and the fact he's had two ceremonies. I shudder to think of the headlines if the guy left his fly unzipped or some other common human failure.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i didnt vote for him, Ron Paul FTW...

Give him a break and let him take everything away from us without whining about it.. Well its all i can do so I will whine away while all of my rights are stripped from me ;D WEEEEEEE!!!!!

He has done NOTHING he promised to do and is even worse of a president then Bush, I believed his Change crap the first go round, after the first 6 months I realized the only change was someone else sitting in the big boy chair doing the same old crap.. nothing will change, nothing has changed but the face and the color of the skin, if anything things are changing for the worse..

So yes I guess I can't blame him because he said he would bring on change and well yes he is vastly changing everything for the worse, so I guess he didn't like we just forgot to ask him if he planned on changing for the better or worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The only break he will get from me is the fact that I realize he is a puppet! Just as Romney would have been a puppet if he got elected!

With that being said, he volunteered for the job, and has proven to be nothing more than another slave to the globalist bankers! He doesn't care about America tanking. He doesn't care that families are living in the streets. All he cares about is his celebrity status and all of the wealthy perks that come with his titlel! He deserves whatever he gets!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
No.

Tell me, do you think that the left would give ANY Republican a break, even for one MINUTE?

edit on 21-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

#em all. none of these politicians are worth my time, yet they supposedly represent me. The only politician i've ever truly respected from a personal standpoint is Dennis Kucinich. That dude gave a #, yet was blocked by opposition.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Silly Wrabbit......tricks are for kids.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No dice brother!!

Nobody rides for free or gets a free pass.
edit on 21-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
But....
If all the voter fraud is true, then he did not WIN the election.
Therefore, does not deserve a break.

Just making a point

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The extreme of the positions are as heartbreaking to me as they are scary at times.

Everyone DOES realize a simple truth I hope.... If this nightmare DOES happen and this nation goes into it's second civil war ...there will STILL BE Democrats and Republicans ...Conservatives and Liberals ... AFTER the millions of bodies are laid across this land to prove the peeing contest, for however it turns out.

THEN.... as was the case after Appomattox Court House where General Lee surrendered all forces in 1865, we will need to find a way to coexist and make this thing work. Either way....as is my point...we'll EVENTUALLY have to find a way to coexist with the basic concepts about 50% of this nation holds close either direction.

After General Lee surrendered the South and Confederacy at Appomattox, the Union troops outside began to hoot and hollar and celebrate. After all, the war that had claimed over 600,000 American men was over. Finally...the killing could stop. It was natural to want to celebrate .....and must have added insult to injury for General Lee so profound as to crush a man's Soul.

So it was, the Union troops were told to STFU in terms I imagine were not too far from that tone, too. The actual words used are:

"The war is over; the Rebels are our countrymen again, and the best sign of rejoicing after the victory will be to abstain from all demonstrations in the field."
- General Ulysses S. Grant, April 9, 1865 - Appomattox Court House, Commonwealth of Virginia

It would make so much more sense to do what must be done eventually anyway...BEFORE so many may end up dead proving how necessary it really is. Just my thinking on this eve of an uncertain future for our nation.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The Office of the President of the United States is timeless and far more than the sum of the mere men who pass through it every 4 - 8 years. Maintaining the traditions of the Office are important but so is a basic respect for it. WHOEVER holds it.

Give President Obama and his supporters their one day of celebration without attacking EVERY LITTLE THING that can possibly be attacked

Obama is the President and he's President to us all. He is NOT God and so, is NOT perfect. He screws up...like everyone else. .

AMEN Brother! I totally agree with the above points that you have made.

Plus don't people realize the congress, senate, legislature; the house of representatives. plus the world bankers, the secret societies, and the billionaires and trillionaires in business and otherwise are really the ones that are running things.

People want to blame someone...blame all the groups stated above.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

NO. I won't give him a break. There is nothing to celebrate. He's incompetent, elected by idiots.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Everyone DOES realize a simple truth I hope.... If this nightmare DOES happen and this nation goes into it's second civil war ...there will STILL BE Democrats and Republicans ...Conservatives and Liberals ... AFTER the millions of bodies are laid across this land to prove the peeing contest, for however it turns out.

Agreed! I don't think anyone wants what seems to be inevitable to happen, happen! It is something that people of partisan biases and agendas need to wake up and realize that things are about to get real ugly and once it happens there won't be any stopping it until the smoke clears......

It amazes me the people who bash those of different religions because of their faith, but yet, these same people spew their partisan hatred in much the same manner as religious fanatics!!! Feeling me?

It is time for every American to grow the hell up and quit trying to tell others how to think, how to feel, how to pray, how to eat..........................This is pure insanity that when group A believes in this and group B doesn't believe in it, that our whole government puts up a ridiculous charade making us think that they are on our teams side and therefore, one group believes they have the right to take away the others rights! It's a vicious circle that has broken our country up into so many different units of resistance, that unfortunately, I don't see any peaceful means available to prevent bad things from happening......

Your viewing this day as a historic and happy event in Americas history. Many of us see it as possibly the last 4 years of America as we know it.......

Greed and selfishness has taken over America!

edit on 21-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not a chance!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Thanks for being what may be the only one to agree on my little thread of conscience and I had to make it. I had to get this stuff said.

We've been played so well by the Political establishment that we, as a society, obediently hate as we're told we should. We are told we should hate the men and women of the opposing ideology at the top ..but of course, speaking the words in the wrong way is a felony crime. So by mixed messaging and laws, the hate they generate within the population necessarily has one outlet remaining. Each other.

I made this thread primarily because there really are only TWO days in an entire 4 year term a President gets the right to enjoy himself....even if we hate him. The day following a clear outcome to an election ...and the day of Inauguration. No other day across the whole 4 years can or should come without earning it.

Those two though? Getting there at all is all the currency I believe a President need pay. Even if only for those two short days. After all, the voices against this President are many, loud and strong. However, there is still 50% who thought having him was a good idea ...and so attacking him in something less than a REAL tangible way is slapping each and everyone one of them across the face along with him. Our nation never finds a way to function as a house so deeply divided and gleefully enjoying the division.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Your viewing this day as a historic and happy event in Americas history. Many of us see it as possibly the last 4 years of America as we know it.......

For clarification, since we agree on most other things and this point is a BAD one to be misunderstood on, of all the points that could be taken wrong?

This is by no means a happy day for me. I'm not sure we ever see 2016 as a nation with functional elections still going as we've always known them to work. I don't know if we see 2016 as a Union of 50 states or if we'll see a breakup like the Soviet Union or to a lesser degree, Yugoslavia. It seems impossible ...but then, so did the Berlin Wall coming down, the day before it happened.

I just don't see where taking every opportunity, every day without let up or exception to hammer Obama, his family and everyone around him on every LITTLE detail and petty nuance does anything but help bring the very conflict some doing it say they wish to avoid.

How can we say we don't WANT this when daily, the effort is to goad and provoke the other side by all means possible? It's equal on right and left for the daily provocations, as well. Different forms taken and different tactics, but the seeming point if not the end result are the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So you think he doesn't enjoy his vacations in Hawaii, and that he has earned them?

edit on 21-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: weird copy

BTW, I hope you know I'm just having a bit of fun with you over your rant.
edit on 21-1-2013 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The last president I gave a break to was Bill Clinton.

At the time I didn't care if he got a "Monica"...the budget was balanced and the US had a surplus.

And then of course he gave us Hillary the Secretary....no more breaks

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
lol just about 3-4 days before the election, there was 3-4 Obama hate threads Per day.

Hate threads are just like how an animal groan before it dies.

I would assume it would have reduced after the election but oh well, people hating is also a sign of change and not always bad.

ATS is just a water drop in the whole ocean of population, majority i met are "Ok" with Obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I do not like Obama but I harbor no ill will towards him , I don't think he's evil , just misguided .

I also think that it's perfectly reasonable to not agree with his policies while still being proud that America not only elected a black man with an unlikely name , but re-elected him . I just wish he wasn't a progressive

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join