It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama a break...for just one day at least.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

For clarification, since we agree on most other things and this point is a BAD one to be misunderstood on, of all the points that could be taken wrong?

This is by no means a happy day for me. I'm not sure we ever see 2016 as a nation with functional elections still going as we've always known them to work. I don't know if we see 2016 as a Union of 50 states or if we'll see a breakup like the Soviet Union or to a lesser degree, Yugoslavia. It seems impossible ...but then, so did the Berlin Wall coming down, the day before it happened.

I just don't see where taking every opportunity, every day without let up or exception to hammer Obama, his family and everyone around him on every LITTLE detail and petty nuance does anything but help bring the very conflict some doing it say they wish to avoid.

How can we say we don't WANT this when daily, the effort is to goad and provoke the other side by all means possible? It's equal on right and left for the daily provocations, as well. Different forms taken and different tactics, but the seeming point if not the end result are the same.

Ok, now that you put it that way, and I already admitted he was a puppet and it wouldn't be any different if Romney (another puppet) was elected, I do truely understand were you are coming from and what you are trying to get across!

But you did bring up some valid points for people of BOTH parties to consider. Today is also MLK's birthday and I think everyone should consider the benefits of peace, versus constantly fighting amongst each other.

So with that explanation of yours, I will not bash Obama anymore today. I will do it because it is MLK's birthday, and that is one man, in the history of my country that I do admire for trying to bring racial peace amongst our citizens.......

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I appreciate your well reasoned and considered replies. It's always interesting to me in seeing not just a 1 or 2 line throw away post like many put together on threads ... but a little to show the thinking and mindset behind it. Yours never fail to disappoint in that way.

Also, agree on Martin Luther King Day. That is one aspect of this day I'd hope we can all agree in a moment of national unity and pride IS one to be well considered. He too was a man with human flaws and failings ... but despite that, helped move and change a nation in ways I don't think anyone during his time would believe was possible.

One of the early examples of what People Power can accomplish when those behind it either have nothing left to lose or have everything to gain for themselves and a nation. Inspirational, he sure was.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, I appreciate your candor and explanation of your original OP! You put me in check, rightfully so, and if I still tried to argue with you after your explanation it would have made me one big ass hypocrit! Anyone who reads my posts would have realized that, and I try to say what I mean and be honest about it....... If I am wrong, then I am wrong!

But I appreciate how you were able to take my ranting anti government speech and show me where I was straying from my beliefs!
edit on 21-1-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK. Just because I'm a nice guy I promise not to say anything bad about Obama for the next 24 hours.

Starting after my signature.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I have to admit that I haven't followed the Inauguration. I didn't think there'd be anything all that interesting in it. One quote that got me thinking was:

"The war is over; the Rebels are our countrymen again, and the best sign of rejoicing after the victory will be to abstain from all demonstrations in the field."
- General Ulysses S. Grant, April 9, 1865 - Appomattox Court House, Commonwealth of Virginia
In the current case, Obama has won. Did he say in his speeches that the Republicans are our countrymen again? Did Obama encourage his supporters to go easy in their celebrations?

Did Obama call to everyone that they should work together, compromising, listening, understanding? Did he refer to Republicans as upright and reasonable citizens who simply had a different view? Did he stress bringing both sides together and unifying the country?

In short, is Obama giving the Republicans a break . . . for just one day at least?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, the day has come and gone....and so closed out the #2 day a President gets something of a freebie for their little party.

A note to everyone on this..... When ever another President should come that we DO like ...odds are the other 50% of this nation won't. In fact, going by recent history, they'll hate the man intensely. When it's the President we like and have hope for ..if such a thing should come again lol.....The shoe will be on the other foot and an ugly shoe it can be.

My thread here wasn't so much about Obama personally as an individual with feelings that get hurt. If he's that thin skinned, he's been in the wrong line of work long before his current job to say the least. However, NO ONE here will ever get within 10 miles of Obama if unrest should happen. It'll be our fellow citizens...neighbors..former friends...we'll be in conflict with.

Those are, by WAY of Obama, the people this had most been written with in mind more than anything else. The people who just...within months...voted him in as well as the Office itself, as noted in the OP. Obama will come and go like a fart in the wind. Those on the side he leads the extreme of? They aren't going anywhere and that's the largest point. Somehow, we're all Americans and all must find a way to make this work.

Finding a way can come BEFORE conflict or AFTER it. It MUST still come either way. It's going to be more than just sad to watch if it turns out Americans can no longer settle even these very contentious issues among ourselves and without killing other people to prove an idea or set of ideals. I'm not saying the ideals themselves are not worth it. They are. However, the fact it may actually GO THAT FAR means Democrats have failed. Liberals have failed and CONSERVATIVES HAVE FAILED. We've ALL failed ourselves, our children and our future if it really plays out like this.

So sayeth the Bunny.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, I did my 24 hours. Had a really close call today when someone was trying to think of the name of a terrorist she heard about in a news story. I was about to blurt out Obama but I caught myself and just let out a painful grunt. I had to explain myself after everybody looked at me after that grunt.

I predict that one day people will look back on see that passing Obamacare has done as much damage to the United States as the Federal Reserve Act. OBAMA SUCKS!

Man, it was good to let that out.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I can't help it... Your post has me laughing out loud. My wife is probably wondering whats so funny back here about now. Thanks!

(hands over an oversize foam bat with a big Obama cutout)

There ya go! Whack away now that the day has passed into history. Oh...if only I could hibernate (checks watch) for about 4 years, eh? I'd prefer to see how it all turned out than actually live it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join