It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Virgin Mary the same as the Holy Ghost?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp
praying to spirits of the dead and angels is necromancy, divination, witchcraft and idolatry.

Wrong.

Scripture is VERY clear that we are to pray for each other and ask others to pray for us. Scripture is VERY clear that those who have gone on before us are aware of what is happening on earth and that they are petitioning God.

Read and learn

Read more and learn

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorBeauchamp

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Mediatrix of Graces and Co-Redemtrix. Not a Catholic dogma.

YET!

Oh please. :shk: You are inventing again. It's NOT a Catholic dogma and yet you are blasting Catholics for supposedly having it as a tennant of faith and required belief. Seriously .... you don't know anything about what you are beating up on. Go read the Catholic Catechism and learn what the Catholics actually believe before you let your mouth run wild ..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The Holy Spirit existed centuries before Mary was born, and came to the Apostles at Pentecost (see Acts 2), while she was still alive, so how could they be the same?

The Bible also reads that Christ was with God before He was born also.
Just sayin...

And Yes, I do believe the 'Holy Ghost' is Mary.

Edit to Add: I believe the Holy Ghost is female. Aspects of all women. Aspects of Mary. Mother's. Sisters. Daughters. I should have added the rest of my opinion to clarify. Apologies.

peace
edit on 24-1-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You're one of the few people in this thread with wisdom.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
And Yes, I do believe the 'Holy Ghost' is Mary.peace

Right. Mary got herself pregnant by overshadowing herself ... When Jesus said that, after his death, he'd send the Holy Spirit from Heaven, He was really talking about Mary who was alive and well at the time, when the apostles and Mary were in the upper room chapel it was really Mary dancing on their heads like tongues of fire and not the Holy Spirit.

Okay. sure.

Matthew 1:18 - This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit

Luke 1:35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

Acts 2:1-4 “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

edit on 1/24/2013 by FlyersFan because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by GLontra
The way most Catholics refer to the Virgin Mary clearly indicate that they worship her.

Absurd.

Many Catholics give more importance to the Virgin Mary than they give to Jesus.

Absurd.

Absurd? Not at all where I live. There’s no differentiation here between adoration and veneration and if there is it‘s all in Mary‘s favor.

Here in Sicily Maria is outwardly praised, is the object of both veneration and adoration and I will add - hands down over Jesus. No disrespect at all to Jesus I’m just telling it like it is.

My townspeople openly pray directly to Mary, give praise and thanksgiving directly to Mary. They take family problems they wouldn’t ‘bother’ Jesus and God with - to Mary. Inside the church the stone folds of her (effigy) robes have grown soft and rounded by endless kisses.

In this town and every town in Sicilia most street corners are adorned with an effigy of Maria in one form or another either behind glass built into the corner of a building, directly on the corner vested in flowers or in a shrine behind a grate - candles burning and fresh flowers.

Oh sure, the church might not out and out teach the parishioners to worship Maria but they absolutely do nothing to repress or correct this way of life, belief system, tradition, in fact the priest actively supports the worshiping of Mary.

Here. In Sicily.

No, believing the Catholic Church ‘worships’ Maria is not absurd. Worship Mary is the cornerstone of life for so many people. Simple loving Christian people who know no better and who‘re not corrected by their Priests. Worshiping Mary (has always been) or has become the very foundation of the belief system here - and not just on Sunday, not just in the mornings before or after mass but in every hour of every day in every year.

peace

edit on 24-1-2013 by silo13 because: forgot quote to

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Before I forget!

I believe Mary was covered with the Holy Spirit, as it’s written. I also believe in parthenogenesis so there you go.

God was in Heaven. Jesus was there with Him even before his birth. Mary was on earth annndddd also creating major disturbances with the sinners. Not so hard a stretch when the context is the Bible.

That being said though I did go back and emend my post from earlier as I did not fully clarify my point. That being:

I believe the Holy Spirit is female. I chose to believe the Holy Spirit is female. Aspects of the Great Mother Mary. Aspects of all femininity. The Holy Spirit is female, all female, a mother, sister, daughter, wife - all that and more.

My choice. My belief. The OP asked for out opinions - so just my big ol’arse I posted mine.

I’m not saying it’s right for everyone - what's important it - it's right for me.

peace

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by adjensen

The Holy Spirit existed centuries before Mary was born, and came to the Apostles at Pentecost (see Acts 2), while she was still alive, so how could they be the same?

The Bible also reads that Christ was with God before He was born also.
Just sayin...

And Yes, I do believe the 'Holy Ghost' is Mary.

Edit to Add: I believe the Holy Ghost is female. Aspects of all women. Aspects of Mary. Mother's. Sisters. Daughters. I should have added the rest of my opinion to clarify. Apologies.

peace
edit on 24-1-2013 by silo13 because: see above

Out of curiosity, are you Catholic?

Eric

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EricD

No, I'm not a practicing Catholic - I converted - but still I’m completely immersed in Catholicism due to my location.
Not complaining - just saying - there’s no escaping the Church where I live.

peace

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join