It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Things Going On At The Farm

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wow, my very first debunking....

Too bad it went on for so long.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The 'daughters' last comment was 7:06 yet she was last logged in a little over an hour also!

that1girl

Mood:

ATS Points: 14

Flags: 0

Stars: 8

WATS Index: 0

Threads Started: 0

Applause: 0

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Wow, my very first debunking...feels good.

Too bad it went on for so long.

I am very happy and proud of you however, I am very disheartened at the moment.

This person should be banned but I guess....that's not my call.
So... I'll leave it to the Universal process by way of karma.

Very discouraging and very disappointing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm sure you are. It's too bad that so many people were led on for this long.

It's not proof, so I don't know if she should be banned, but I think it's as close as we could get to proof on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I'm having major hesitations at the moment. My internal meter is going off and I don't like it.

. . .

it away by saying she lost her password after ......being a member her for years. Sounds rather strange but..............

Like I said...I need to quiet this internal meter because presently.... I have bells and whistles sounding off too. Ugh! I hate when I doubt a member. Especially after investing so much time. Oh well. If I'm wrong.....it won't be the last time.

Welllllllllllllll, there's many tons of disinformation stuff in the field . . . as well as confusion, deception, delusion, illusions, craziness, gas pains etc.

I still prefer to believe folks until there's prove or near proven reason not to.

There's lots of possible reasons for an abrupt disappearance from a website . . . temporary or permanent.

I just hope the folks involved in real abduction experiences get some freedom and release from such assaults and tyranny.

Thanks for your civil and mutually respectful dialogue. ATS at its best, imho.

Thx Thx.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

She responded by saying something along the lines of 'she didn't lose any time because her food did not burn' How would the OP know this otherwise insignificant detail unless she was told this or....asked this AND...got that answer?

But it's in direct contradiction to the daughter's post stating she removed the pan so her food wouldn't burn then...walked to the window to see the three lights.

So.......it's a little perplexing. Did the OP just assume this rather obscure detail or.......was she told this by her daughter (as it would appear to anyone reading this).

edit on 19-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

I don't mind extending grace on this point at all. That's just the sort of detail that gets easily garbled in real life experiences.

In fact, it could easily be a confabulation fostered by the critters or even merely a mental fudging to try and make congruent sense out of a traumatic puzzling experience.

I still think far too many ATSers are far too quick to jump on every petty detail as proof of a hoax or some such.

Stories are never going to be flawless. If they are, then THAT would be proof of a hoax.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Conceivably.

I still think that's a big leap based on too few and toooo tiny bits of info.

If so, given the benefit of the doubt, it would become clearer over time anyway. Why press the issue so quickly . . . why the big rush always on ATS to PROVE a scammer. Is it a competition?

Does one's manhood lengthen the sooner one proves a scam? Or one's breast size increase dramatically?

Sigh.

The truth will out eventually. We don't NEED to grab every tiny detail by the throat and beat it senseless in our compulsive mad rush to be the first to

SHOUT

!SCAMMER!

Sigh.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's a mystery. I don't know what to make of it. I really want to think it's a misunderstanding but OP made it appear like...she was TOLD this. Unless of course, like most of this story, I assume that. But it seems you did too.

As I've said before, I find this thread to be quite interesting; still, I place no great importance on it as re Ufology (nor Paranormalcy). I also noticed the seeming - and mild - discrepancy in the two versions of the cooking pan, but don't feel it to be of any real significance. It's a simple matter to envision the daughter relating the experience to her mother, at some point mentioning the fact that she was cooking, that the experience only lasted a few seconds, that the food didn't burn. There would be no real need to convey, in her probable excitement at the telling, that she had removed the pan from the stove nor any practical reason for the mother to believe so. It's, in my opinion, easily understandable that, in the absence of one specific detail, that the mother would assume that the pan remained on the stove. Certainly not enough to debunk.

The logging in without comment is another matter altogether and does cause one to wonder, particularly in light of the amount of presence previously shown.

I must confess: if the OP did, indeed, intend this as a scam, I'm quite impressed. To come in with no spectacular claim, to merely assert that her daughter witnessed bluish light which filled the kitchen, that animals had been restless earlier in the evening, and the allusion that a past medical issue may have been involved, is not the typical story one would expect from a hoaxer. To create a scenario such as this allowing members to jump to conclusions and elevate the thread to the point it has become - without extraordinary claim - is, in my opinion, difficult to orchestrate without more leading posts and comments. That is impressive.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Conceivably.

I still think that's a big leap based on too few and toooo tiny bits of info.

If so, given the benefit of the doubt, it would become clearer over time anyway. Why press the issue so quickly . . . why the big rush always on ATS to PROVE a scammer. Is it a competition?

Does one's manhood lengthen the sooner one proves a scam? Or one's breast size increase dramatically?

Sigh.

The truth will out eventually. We don't NEED to grab every tiny detail by the throat and beat it senseless in our compulsive mad rush to be the first to

SHOUT

!SCAMMER!

Sigh.

In all due respect BO XIAN. I've known you for a while and like you too but I rely on my instincts a LOT. I kept giving the benefit of doubt ----way more than I normally would do in person---and this just wasn't adding up. I was keeping tabs but I was willing to hear it out.

But the catalyst for deception was...checking to see when mother & offspring last logged in. They BOTH logged in yet neither responded? Besides, why would the daughter log in if not for this thread?

Please. That's all that I needed. The jig is up. My threshold has been met and there's no turning back.

I derive absolutely no pleasure by calling anyone a scammer. Especially when it makes me look like a jerk. So please save your sermon for another time. Not now and not with me. Please. Okay?

I may be kind but I am not stupid.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

The stove/pan is a HUGE discrepancy. Now I really like you Wonder77 and appreciate how well you express yourself but putting that aside for now, this is the last time I will try to convey why that is the smoking gun.

I specifically asked the OP if her daughter might've gone missing.

She answered by saying 'no, she didn't miss any time because her food would've burnt and it didn't' (something like that)

That is very detailed. She expressed to us that her daughter's food did not burn therefore no time was missing.

The burnt food was a pivotal part as to why she claims she couldn't have missed any time. Not because the took the pan from the stove. If she took the pan off the stove then.......sure, missing time would've been possible for at that point..they lost the only gauge they had for time.

Don't you see that? Maybe it's the way I'm writing it. If so, I don't know how to convey it any better. Besides, the wind is wiped out of my sails on this thread. I feel very betrayed (and stupid).

G'night my friend

edit on 20-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

It has been a pleasure following this thread with you.

Good night.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Im not sure why my mom said that I had left the pan, I remember grabbing it off the stove and the putting it back on the stove. I was a little freaked out but I remember grabbing up the pan because I didnt want the tortilla to start smoking as I had the burner turned up to cook it faster.

Sorry I did not respond, loaded it up and started reading it but out here in the country our internet doesnt always work like it should.
edit on 20-1-2013 by that1girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind words.

It would be good to see both mother and daughter come on and be candidly vulnerable about the whole 9 yards.

Though, personally, at this point, I don't think I would.

ATS is enough of a gauntlet in the best of times.

I can think that there are lots of reasons folks wouldn't be back per OUR expectations and timing.

And, if during that gap, the seemingly hostile scammer stuff escalated on the thread . . . what's the incentive to come back to the thread--even if they are 100% sincere?

It quickly becomes not worth it, imho.

I just know from listening face to face to many thousands of hours of personal stories about family life . . . the retelling is messy . . . and folks PERCEIVE things differently and RECALL things differently and TELL things differently and HEAR things differently. It's human nature.

And, yes, our hunches/intuition etc. can be better than 50/50 reliable . . . sometimes when quite refined, much better than 50/50. I've yet to meet anyone's who was flawless, however. Mine's not and I think mine is above average.

That's one reason I bend over backwards further than many in giving the benefit of the doubt. I've been wrong plenty.

Thanks for the friendly dialogue.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by that1girl
Im not sure why my mom said that I had left the pan, I remember grabbing it off the stove and the putting it back on the stove. I was a little freaked out but I remember grabbing up the pan because I didnt want the tortilla to start smoking as I had the burner turned up to cook it faster.

So in actuality you COULD'VE gone missing then?...is that what you're saying?

Some of the finest moments come from the smallest details.

It's too little too late. Have a good life!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

So in actuality you COULD'VE gone missing then?...is that what you're saying?

Some of the finest moments come from the smallest details.

It's too little too late. Have a good life!

I dont think I went missing, I mean the tortilla was still warm when I started cooking it again, I dont think any thing would have bothered to keep my food warm if they wanted to abduct me.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Sorry I did not respond, loaded it up and started reading it but out here in the country our internet doesnt always work like it should.
edit on 20-1-2013 by that1girl because: (no reason given)

THANKS TONS for your returning to the thread.

Please understand that ATS has a huge cultural norm of shredding almost any story to the tiniest bits and then analyzing all those bits to the obsessive n'th degree racing and competing to be the first one to cry HOAX or SCAM. Sometimes that's ego driven and sometimes it's fear driven and sometimes it seems to be a passionate hobby.

I don't have any trouble accepting your story at face value.

I confess that I rely somewhat on my many thousands of hours of listening to family stories as a psychologist and having to assess who was telling what %% of the truth etc. I'm not always right, certainly.

However, I like to think I have a pretty good sense of what rings more or less true vs what's wholesale false.

It just seems to me that your and your mom's narrative is about as candid, face-value vulnerable as we get on ATS. So, I have no trouble giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Above all, I'd like to see y'all put a stop to any critters assaulting anyone in your family. That's my bottom line interest and concern. They are NOT NICE, imho.

Anyway--Blessings,

If you come up with any more details or ongoing experiences, please soldier on and bravely post them on this thread. Please state what you experienced as best you perceived it as candidly as you can describe it.

Some of us, at least, will learn something from your narrative as it is unique in at least some respects.

If it's not greatly unique, we'll learn that the critters are continuing to do what they've done for a long time.

Certainly Colorado has plenty of such going on.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I dont think I went missing, I mean the tortilla was still warm when I started cooking it again, I dont think any thing would have bothered to keep my food warm if they wanted to abduct me.

That's a great and perceptive detail.

Let me ask this--What percent chance do YOU give it

that there's something extremely strange, if not ET related going on with your family and farm?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

That's a great and perceptive detail.

Let me ask this--What percent chance do YOU give it

that there's something extremely strange, if not ET related going on with your family and farm?

Honestly I dont think I went anywhere for any amount of time so 0%. I didnt realize the whole pan thing would escalate to that level (I know I picked it up). Not sure if its ET related but either way I know for sure it scared me quite a bit!

I just wanted some insight to what anyone thought it could be. Who knew asking for help could get so crazy?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Thanks for your post, I have been following this thread since it started. I can understand why peoople are so quick to yell HOAX!! I've seen it done plenty of times here, I do believe the story you and your mom told, guess I'm a sucker
It just has a ring of truth about it, while I have NO idea what it was that you saw, I do think it is interesting!

So don't let the people screaming HOAX at you deter you from posting.

I would like to know why your mom thought her "injury" I know that isn't the word, but why her condition had anything to do with the lights you just saw? Did this happen before, how could she connect the two??

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
Thanks for your post, I have been following this thread since it started. I can understand why peoople are so quick to yell HOAX!! I've seen it done plenty of times here, I do believe the story you and your mom told, guess I'm a sucker
It just has a ring of truth about it, while I have NO idea what it was that you saw, I do think it is interesting!

So don't let the people screaming HOAX at you deter you from posting.

I would like to know why your mom thought her "injury" I know that isn't the word, but why her condition had anything to do with the lights you just saw? Did this happen before, how could she connect the two??

Well I cant really speak for her about it but it was just really odd. She has never been sick, In my 24 years of life I have never seen her throw up or anything and the night when the health problems happened she just got suddenly ill. She thinks something took a piece of her fallopian tube though I couldnt say why. She is asleep but Im sure she will check the thread in the morning and offer some insight.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join