It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO pic EVER

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

it's got more detail than the majority of ufo videos that are just a dot of light in the sky.

Yah, thats the cool thing about crayons. You can draw anything with them in exacting detail.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

This is what I read at this article Texas witness describes '4-feet-tall figures' in triangle UFO windows

Irrefutable evidence.. no..

But again, my point here (which is being drowned out) is, that redicule is being placed on the drawing skills of the observer rather than a pragmatic discussion of the event..

Yes, this man saw 4 feet tall figures. OK that's fine. Since I joined this forum the majority of the users have always complained about the lack of evidence, solid undeniable evidence regarding UFO sightings. The minute somebody draws a picture of a floating triangle spitting flames we are told to "investigate this story with the seriousness it deserves".

You may not be pointing the finger at me, but just for clarity my original post ridiculed the story in its entirety, the picture was just a bonus.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I asked if you had read the report... not the OP..

I don't care what you asked. My answer was that I read the OP.

Do you want to continue this off-topic conversation with me?

I would prefer to end it now, since there is nothing to be gained by dragging it on further.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Well said! Before the invention of cell phones with built in cameras, most reports mailed to a u.f.o. investigation group included a drawing of the craft, as most folk just weren't in the habit of carrying a 35 mm camera wherever they went, or even one of those smaller 110 formats.
Because of the general response, I won't post anything pertaining to u.f.o's or the paranormal on this site. It seems the big "P" has built up quite a following!
That being said, I still think ATS is one terrific site! Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.
It is a very poorly drawn picture of a UFO

I am also surprised about those reactions on the first page.

Because the drawing and the report does NOT look more "laughable" than most other UFO reports. Aside from the hand writing (kids?)....

Uhm...the drawing (IMO) is sufficient to give a rough idea about the alleged UFO. What else do you expect? It obviously was a rather simple triangular shape. Do you need a Leonardo Da Vinci for this?

Again..I am with the mod there being somewhat put-off by the reactions - IN PARTICULAR also here on the site are much, much more stupider things to find every day where people seem to lack ANY common sense/criticism...and HERE we are supposed to have a special case which is "funny"...or "less credible"......why exactly?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

It's better than some that MUFON have posted the last few days

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I stand by everything you said Johnny.

Sad to see such a juvenile response from people who don't really give a damn and should just not post.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Juggernog
I dare you guys to debunk this one

What are the vertical lines... chemtrails?

I lol'd for a hour after i saw that comment
anyway OP isnt that a slice of pepperoni pizza?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

I stand by everything you said Johnny.

Sad to see such a juvenile response from people who don't really give a damn and should just not post.

Hey man, I give a damn too. I was just having some fun.
I actually have a ufo pic of my own floating around on the web that I took in 06. want me to post it so yall can make fun of it?

anyway OP isnt that a slice of pepperoni pizza?

haha, damn.. thats even funnier after two vodka n oj's

edit on 1/18/2013 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

Ok, had some laughs... now get on topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Sorry to say this BUT you are looking at this the wrong way, I don't think anyone is making fun at either this event or the drawing they are comparing it to the HIGH percentage of BS this place gets bombarded with on a daily basis posted from Mufon / youtube etc

For example

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or how about this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have sceptics here I am one came here looking for the real deal still to see it, but IF I do I will back it to the hilt but seriously there is more chance of a sceptic on here confirming something is real than people that except EVERY SINGLE ufo video/picture posted as the real thing.

We have lots of members who post on here that do photography for a hobby or a living many post on these threads as I do, without people like that the UFO forum on here would be a bigger joke than it already is!

We don't say yes that's a ufo we say what could it be then look for clues such as exif data then compare with camera specs and check images using things like the online depth of field calculator.

I would REALLY love to see the real thing on here but if I don't and I can show why it's not real then I will.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
LOL! I honestly didn't even read the original post. All that I saw was the picture and immediately assumed the OP was joking around. That doesn't change anything, however, I still stand by my original statement.

For the record, I believe in the existence of E.T.'s as much as the next person and strongly believe they've came here/are coming here. However I do require some sort of credible evidence/eye-witness reports before I believe anything.

To give a real answer to the thread now that I know it's not a joke, I was raised to take people at their word until it is proven otherwise, but to be honest, in the world of ufology there is so much hearsay and so many hoaxes that I just cant do that, and need not concrete proof, but enough to convince me something did happen.

I think like most people I would love for this eyewitness's account to be real, and to their credit we've all heard very similar descriptions, but due to all of the BS over the years, I would need more evidence before signing off on believing them.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

To give a real answer to the thread now that I know it's not a joke

Yes, my title was a joke because of the 1st grade drawing but its based on a true incident. I guess the guy didnt know how to use ms paint, idk.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I was going to say "swamp gas", but then read Johnny's rebuke on pg 1. So I did go read the source at ufochronicles.com, which links to examiner.com.

Not very reputable sources.

Summary: A single witness, no photo, uhm, a nice pic, hand drawn, with no aliens in the craft.

It's swamp gas.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
FAKE, Obviously CGI effects.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The problem with single-witness events is the obvious lack of localised corroborative evidence so as to verify the account.

It is unfortunate that no photos or video were taken, but it would not be the first time that tech has been available and not / unable to be used. Even members of ATS in the last 6 months have raised OP's without such documentation.

It comes down to the credibility of the witness the the scrutiny of the account by others.

We are then left with:

Did the witness observe something real, tangible and physical?
Was it a psychological phenomena?
Was it a made-up story for some sort of gain?

If only there were other accounts of triangles over the Texas area at the same time.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The worst part is that if this has an attributable author who was a credible witness, it would be better evidence than 90% of the grainy 160x100px images on this site. . .

Diogenes

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandyBragg

I think you are taking this a bit too seriously.
It is a very poorly drawn picture of a UFO

Though all people hold some type of artistic skill in the mind, that drawing it, is a whole other story. Not everybody is perfect at drawing.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That`s the smoking gun evidence we`ve all been waiting for, 2013 is the year of dislosure.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Best evidence I have seen anywhere

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join