It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about Islam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

As for the rest of your post above;
thank you very much for clarifying the perceptions I had regarding converting the whole world to Sharia law (no, thank you!), the hatred for Jews (yes, Israel seems to be a hotbed of hatred and a center of conflict...which is a bummer for the whole world), and the 72-virgins thing (who would want such an afterlife I can't even imagine unless it's for the exclusive reason of exploiting and objectifying WOMEN! )

What I've learned from reading your responses (and from other members such as babloyi) is that Islam has nutcases that take things out of context and too far---
just as in Judaism and Christianity -- the Westboro Baptist Church, for example, and the African priests torturing and "exorcising" little children of their "demons"; killing people on grounds of "witchcraft"......

EVERY RELIGION of the Abrahamic faiths is subject to corruption. That is my main concern. Peace is peace, and yes, I want world peace. That means that the "virtuous" and "peace-loving" followers MUST STOP THE NUTJOBS.

ANY religious follower who turns their "faith" into VIOLENCE is WRONG, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Islam is established by Mohamed, from year 622, when he ran away from Meka to Medina.
After that, Arabs spread it, conquering wide theritories, especialy from 7th to 10th Century.
Later Turks took that religion, and spread it in some areas of Balkan Peninsule, until 16th Century.
Guys are not eating pork, can marry more than 1 woman, they are cutting hands for small criminal, their rulers are absolute, they hate christians, and any other kaurs, bowing to their god, Alah.
They have a judaical roots, and similar, but, proclaimed Mohamad for the only prophet for all the times.
Their symbol is Moon-sickle and small star.
Want more?

edit on 20-1-2013 by dragnik because: adding video

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

What i'l say now will bother you, muslim men can marry jew/christian women

I'm not through the whole post yet...
but...
why do you think this will "bother me"? I'm actually not at all opposed to inter-faith marriage; it opens people's eyes to other ways of thinking. I wish you all the best with your bride. Just, be nice to her.

hahaha, yes i better be nice. Islam tells me that a wife is a trust from God and i better handle her with care. I'l be answerable to God as to how well i did my job.
I thought you'l be bothered that only muslim men can do it, i dint mention muslim women being able to marry outside faith.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But I have heard of Muslim women that do marry outside the faith.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

EVERY RELIGION of the Abrahamic faiths is subject to corruption. That is my main concern. Peace is peace, and yes, I want world peace. That means that the "virtuous" and "peace-loving" followers MUST STOP THE NUTJOBS. ANY religious follower who turns their "faith" into VIOLENCE is WRONG, in my opinion.

Agreed! The problem is the NUTJOBS are NUTJOBS with guns! So you do agree that sometimes voilence is needed to establish peace? Right. Thats the basic idea behind jihad. There are two jihads the smaller and greater, voilent one is smaller, the greater is against self, against the evil/ego inside self. Jihad literally means struggle. Not "holy war."
the world we see is not that simple. Look at religions and nutjobs as tools. Why does MSM demonise islam? Who provides the nutjobs weapons? Its The super powers playing world politics. Its all about greed/ego. Will the MSM cover the "virtuous" and "peace-loving" people?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

But I have heard of Muslim women that do marry outside the faith.

i told you the islamic stand. People are free ofcourse.
The church demands a written document from a non faith to be spouse that the kids will be raised as christians. I doubt many inter-faith couples care.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We just dont need or want it encroaching on Society and changing what is Freedom into something else that will not be pleasurable!!!

Its one or the other because you cant have both....

What do you vote? Freedom or Sharia?

You better make your mind up quick because I can see a lot of trouble ahead if this encroachment into Freedom continues....
edit on 20-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

What freedom might you talking about?

What trouble do you see ahead and why say "better make your mind up quick"?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Anything that is presented that disagrees with the Quran is rejected.
yes anything that is a new faith obviously. Do you think of Qur'an as a journal that can be updated by majority concensus? Its not a secular constitution. I know you disagree but it springs from a belief that Qur'an is divine, thats my belief. Qur'an basically is a book of spirtuality, morals and ethics, i dont think they change, i dont think they should ever change. Progress without a spiritual/moral rudder has brought us here where we have WMDs worth billions and millions of starving kids who could be fed with a small percentage from the total world military budget.

They want peace and peaceful coexistence.

yes

There are warring sects, (Shia and Sunni - one believes in blood-line inheritance of power only, the other in merit-based power)..

yes it was basically a political divide. Which widened over centuries to include different theological details and practices but the One God and Muhammad pbuh as prophet is still common.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

My sources are: what people have told me, what I have witnessed personally, books and texts (such as The Looming Tower, The Kite Runner), members of ATS who have kindly and graciously answered my questions, propaganda junk mail before the election about how brutal "Sharia law" is and that Islam wants to implement Sharia here in the USA.

you should get better sources, Khalid Hoseini is a great author, i am waiting for his new book in May but not an authority on islam.
Talking about books, a biography of prophet Muhammad pbuh by an agnostic jewish lady is coming soon.
The First Muslim
i am waiting eagerly to read it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi,

Interesting link...

but seems like major league BS.

I don't think anyone could achieve the things the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) did without being assisted by God!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Islam is an abrahamic religion the same as Christianity and Sharia law has nothing to do with it. People are ignorant and refuse to inform themselves and generally just hate brown people. Most don't even know that Allah is the same God Christians worship. Did I get that about right?

The 2 biggest causes of unnatural death among humanity are Government and religion. Welcome to the real world.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Before the message of Islam, the Arabs were the care takers of the sacred house at Makkah. They considered it to be an honor to provide for the pilgrims. Jews and Christians would visit, anyone who worshiped the One True God. The pagan Arabs also believed in the One True God, only they thought idols as intermediaries between them and God.
As it was the first place of worship on the face of the earth; a place sacred since the beginning. Ibrahim AS (Abraham) raised the foundations of the house. Since the last prophet, only those who accept the last prophet are allowed to visit now. I think for those that visit there, no-one has to tell them that it is a special place.

Also, it is referred to as a 'Haram', because you are not allowed to kill any living creature there. It is such a peaceful place, and indeed something very special to sit there at night even with so may people and watch the birds as they fly around.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Do you think of Qur'an as a journal that can be updated by majority concensus? Its not a secular constitution. I know you disagree but it springs from a belief that Qur'an is divine, thats my belief. Qur'an basically is a book of spirtuality, morals and ethics, i dont think they change, i dont think they should ever change.

That's what hardcore fundamental Christians think about the Bible, too.

The thing is, when those very "handbooks" advocate violence and present an obsolete view of the human condition and how to deal with it in modern times....
they SHOULD be updated.

I've never advocated throwing out the baby - just the BATHWATER. It's stale, and tainted. Bible, Torah, Qur'an alike. They need to be updated. Like any "textbook" that seeks to instruct us how to live and understand our world.

As for Muhammed being the last prophet PERIOD....do you see how some of us might feel that is a very narrow view?

Again, I'm thinking the Baha'i faith is as legitimate as any, and should be recognized for what they teach. I don't care if it refutes ANYONE's stubborn beliefs, any more than I think someone who denies the Earth is flat should be dismissed. Every generation produces new thinking as well as revisits old thinking. It's known as PROGRESS.

I know many on here don't like the concept of progressive social change......
but I don't like the concept of sticking to outdated, obviously compromised, and frequently flat out WRONG information.

edit on 20-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So you do agree that sometimes voilence is needed to establish peace?

No, I definitely do NOT agree!!

There are ALWAYS options before resorting to violence. Shunning, sequestering, public denouncing, even humiliation (not my first choice).....

what about DIPLOMACY and DISCIPLINE! Re-education? One on one tutoring? One can certainly be "empathetic" to a person's views while still DISILLUSIONING them of their zealous misconceptions and COUNTERPRODUCTIVE thoughts and behaviors.

In my last post I addressed the obsolescence of the classic "Holy Scriptures".

I want to provide an analogy to how I see the strict adherence to early tutoring: a little child thinks that their parents are God. They NEVER doubt, question, or assume that things are not the way their parents portray, nor that what their parents are doing might be challenged, questioned, or refuted.
As the child grows, and sees the rest of the world (or town, or community), and speaks to others, visits their homes, works alongside them in classrooms or chores...they will naturally talk. Children talk, and are curious. Eventually, a normal, healthy older child begins to recognize that their parents were FLAT OUT WRONG about some things.

An adult who is still screaming "My Dad (or Mom) told me so, so it has to be true! SHUT UP!" is not mature. Nor are they wise, nor have they "differentiated" themselves in a healthy way.

edit on 20-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The islamist military government could believe that flowers are the key to eternal life,

but regardless of that fact, they'll keep those flowers only for the "pure".

This is no joke.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey, ladies and gentlemen,
would you mind taking a peek at an off-shoot thread I posted regarding what Muslims think about what's happening at the hands of Al-Qaeda in Mali?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think it would help the rest of us to understand how Islam feels about the constant warring, murder, and oppression that the extremists are producing.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Would someone take a look at my youtube videos? It won't make you feel anything except anger
and curiosity.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

I'm not sure if this was a dig at me, or not.
But, you didn't provide a link, so, no.

I'm both angry AND curious, but I try to remain civilized in the face of hatred and misconceptions.....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Iran does not co-operate with Terrorists.

Please watch my videos and visit my threads. This is very important. Please share them
with your friends and family and local police authorities.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join