It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about Islam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Read the book "Unleashing the Beast" by Perry Stone. It is well researched and will explain it all. You would be surprised at how much Christianity and Islam are tied together.

thanks, i'l find and read it. I do know they are tied a lot but yes i'l like to know more.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

The OP asks for ourt opinions, and this is mine; don't declare Jihad on me just because I am an infidel.

relax, you are safe from me. Do you hate me for my belief and working/helping to harm muslims? If not then you are fine.
I wouldnt vouch for any nutcases in any religion/non religion with a gun!

But just incase you want to hate me,
we have some very good, honest
friends that follow Islam properly, and they are truly some of the nicest
people that have graced our lives.

why should i hate you? I dont. I guess you are Ahl-Al-Kitab(People of the Book) and more specific Christian. Qur'an says that the people closest to us are the ones who call themselves Christians.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Tell me what you know about Islam?

I had a female friend back in the 80’s who got beat up all the time because her Muslim Father found out she was doing normal 16 y/o girly kind of stuff outside of the home. Her Father found out one time that her daughter was putting makeup on when she was in the school bus on the way to school. Her father whipped her with a belt so many times that she had strap marks from her middle back down to her feet! She always kept hush hush about it because she was scared for her life! There were a couple times that he was turned in for the physical and psychological abuse, but the father found other ways to physically abuse her. Ways that didn’t leave marks. At the end of the day, they were able to get her into a foster home. She would have been killed otherwise. They had to move her into a couple different foster homes because the family found out where she was staying.

I’m sure there are a lot of good thing. I believe most are decent people, but I cannot help but remember this situation with my friend. I still get pizzed off when I think about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I know this is the future of Islam by their fruits and witness,

English Standard Version (©2001)

Judges 8
Then Zebah and Zalmunna said, “Rise yourself and fall upon us, for as the man is, so is his strength.” And Gideon arose and killed Zebah and Zalmunna, and >>he took the crescent ornaments that were on the necks of their camels.>him seven shepherds, even eight leaders of men

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Its the all time David and Goliath battle where the stone of truth will smote Islam, the geo-political force that has taken from previous religions and used twisted information as a weapon against the truth and mankind which takes the form of the beast.

The stone of truth will smote the patchwork of various things taken by Islam where it will be smashed by the truth and fall to pieces and the people will see it for what it is being deceived by the fallen God, Its the image where the bow of the crescent moon hunter is broken,

The sect of Nimrod, the hunter and its crescent, Artemis the huntress with the crescent and the Moon God Sin and its crescent bow will be smashed to pieces by the stone of truth that will fill the whole earth.

31Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.

32This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

33His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.

34Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 >>Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them>: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.>And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands,

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sevens8

Islam shall NOT escape the Judgment of the Ancients of Days, no one shall escape and they have no advocate and their fallen deceiver God of the crescent will desert them. This is the prophecy of the 3 Most Highs of this Constellation.

With your 'god of the crescent' remark, you seem to be acknowledging the existence of other gods besides God.
Also, I don't know what you mean by the "3 Most Highs of this constellation". There is only 1 Most High... and rules over everything in existence,the entire universe not just a constellation.

Are you a polytheist?

edit on 20-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sevens8

The sect of Nimrod, the hunter and its crescent, Artemis the huntress with the crescent and the Moon God Sin and its crescent bow will be smashed to pieces by the stone of truth that will fill the whole earth.

Not this moon god nonsense again.
That very idea comes from a fraudulent Christian pastor holding fake degrees and PhDs.

Robert Morey... originator of the moon-god theory.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

So then why is the administration allowed all of those things if they are the primary advocates for it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I want to underline that I do not disrespect Islam. I respect Islam. It is followed by around 1 billion people. That speaks for itself.

I have not studied Islam in a serious way but based on my observations as an outsider I would have to say that I know that Islam is no better than any other religion.

The proof of that is the behavior of Muslims, their schisms, their squabbling among themselves. Like all the other religions, they can't seem to get along with one another. Islam, like all other religions, is not strong enough to convince its own believers to settle their disagreements. Islam is weaker than politics, as all other religions are.

What I know is that Islam is no better than any other religion, judged on that criterion.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am a Muslim by birth,although not practicing, but I know that Islam just like the other two Abrahamic religions encourages people to be good and treat each other and other species with respect and dignity...Muslims believe in and have a deep profound respect for Abraham,Isac,Moses And Jesus...They consider themselves the final religion risen from the same believes of the old book...Allah in Islam is no different from the gods of Moses and Jesus,it is just a different name for it...And yes they don't eat pork and Alcohol because those are really not very good for us,any thing that harms your body and soul in a short or a long term considered to be forbidden (Haram) in Islam....To know Islam like any other religion,takes a lot of study and research since it is a very comprehensive and diverse religion... Personally if I wanted to be a religious person I would have certainly picked Islam, with all do respect to all other religions.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

We just dont need or want it encroaching on Society and changing what is Freedom into something else that will not be pleasurable!!!

Its one or the other because you cant have both....

What do you vote? Freedom or Sharia?

You better make your mind up quick because I can see a lot of trouble ahead if this encroachment into Freedom continues....
edit on 20-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We just dont it encroaching on Society and changing what is Freedom into something else that will not be pleasurable!!!

You better make your mind up quick because I can see a lot of trouble ahead if this encroachment into Freedom continues....

you want me to choose?!! I already chose dint I?
Are you saying that I as an individual is not free to practice my faith and yet you beat the drum of FREEDOM?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey there, OP....

Did you give up on my list of 25 things about "Islam" that I listed?

Should I infer, then, that aside from those points dealing with the treatment of women and girls, all of them were correct? I'd really like to know, btw.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Hey there, OP....

Did you give up on my list of 25 things about "Islam" that I listed?

Should I infer, then, that aside from those points dealing with the treatment of women and girls, all of them were correct? I'd really like to know, btw.

i dint give up, i'l answer. Let me start.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Infidels should be destroyed. (This point is one I don't get very well at all -- considering some say they honor everyone else's beliefs and want peace). From time to time "leaders" issue "jihads" and "hadiths" against others.

i did mention it in reply to another poster and also about the the "fighting" verse.
Destroying/fighting infidels is not a standing command. Its a circumstantial command. Its very obvious that if an enemy is attacking or planning to attack then it would be sucidal not to fight back. Its not the other cheek stuff. Its about not getting stuffed with swords/bullets.
And yes the leaders issue "jihad" or more correctly "fatwa"(ruling) for jihad. Because all wars are not jihad, war for profit/gains/ego is not jihad.
"The 4th caliph Ali was in a sword fight with an infidel and disarmed him but the infidel aware that he is about to die spit on Ali's face and Ali dint kill him. The proud fighter infidel demanded to be killed and Ali said he was fighting for defending his faith but now if he kills it maybe due to being offended by being spitted on."
"hadiths" are actually sayings/actions of prophet as reported by companions. Its in the same category as gospels.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We just dont it encroaching on Society and changing what is Freedom into something else that will not be pleasurable!!!

you want me to choose?!! I already chose dint I?
Are you saying that I as an individual is not free to practice my faith and yet you beat the drum of FREEDOM?

But you aren't FREE!!

You live your days according to what A book tells you.... this isn't FREEDOM!

It's OPPRESSION!!

You can keep believing that you are FREE if you want.... but you will never know the true meaning of FREEDOM until you are free from that Religion!!
edit on 20-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Anyone can become an Imam.
yes imam just means a leader. Imam leads the prayer. Imam is someone who is most knowledgeable in religion. If i am with few friends, we'l choose an imam among us to lead the prayer.

Martyrs are rewarded with 72 virgins for dying while killing infidels.
this is a weak/even false hadith. The hadith has a science of chain of narrations and each chain should go back till the prophet with all the people in the chain being trustworthy, this hadith has a doubtful chain. Anyways killing an infidel doesnt make one martyr just a murderer. Its is about not being afraid to die for a Just cause, for the right thing to do

Sharia law is not bound by secular law (much like the Vatican has their own courts, banks, etc - so does Islam)

yes muslims have sharia law, and it doesnt collide with secular law till i am allowed to practice my faith freely. The civil part of sharia deals with marriage, inheritance, finance etc.
A muslim also has to obey law of the place until it seriously restricts his/her practicing of faith. Then the choice is either to demand religious freedom or move to a better place.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They are not supposed to marry outside their faith. (This I know, however is not followed by all of them)
not exactly true. Its allowed to marry christians and jews, "People of the Book."although i am simplifying, there is more details. i myself am going to marry a christian inshallah(God willing). What i'l say now will bother you, muslim men can marry jew/christian women

They despise Jews and blame them (and the West for helping them) for their troubles, and want to destroy Israel.
it happens, the Qur'an gives account of Jewish history to show the errors they did as a lesson but rather than taking the moral from the story, people despise the characters in it. The events in the world just strengthen that hate. The israel conflict is a big factor to that hate.

They want to conquer the world and make the entire world Muslim and obedient to Sharia law.
yes some think that way, but its not that way, its more of a wishful thinking of people who now feel victimised/oppressed/wronged either for themselves or their brothers and sisters in faith elsewhere.
The actual belief is that Islam is the truth and ultimately the whole world will get that.
Its nothing different than the wish in your signature.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What i'l say now will bother you, muslim men can marry jew/christian women

I'm not through the whole post yet...
but...
why do you think this will "bother me"? I'm actually not at all opposed to inter-faith marriage; it opens people's eyes to other ways of thinking. I wish you all the best with your bride. Just, be nice to her.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

But you aren't FREE!! You live your days according to what A book tells you.... this isn't FREEDOM! It's OPPRESSION!! You can keep believing that you are FREE if you want.... but you will never know the true meaning of FREEDOM until you are free from that Religion!!

thank for your concern. I'l give you an example of a soldier. He is not that free as a civilian. He has dicipline that helps him to keep focused on better things. A muslim man/woman choose Islam. Freedom means free choice. If i choose to follow a book, i am still freely choosing to obey.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join