It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
I had to write an essay for my history class last semester about Islam. That's what I could remember from it. Mostly all from my history text book. Amazing what you'll find in those things!

What is amazing is the fact that so many actually BELIEVE it...

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

The Illuminati realized they had to deceive an entire population of people if they had any hope whatsoever of achieving their coveted New World Order. As early as 1911, the Illuminati began buying textbook writing companies, until they owned them all after World War I. Once they got control of textbooks, they gradually began to "dumb down" the curricula and rewrite history. Rewriting history was the first step in achieving the New World Order. Source

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.

The verse says that war has been decreed for mankind, whether we like it or not. My interpretation is that It was probably a part of Adam and Eves punishment. God knows best.

Allah said, "Descend from Paradise - all, your descendants being enemies to one another.
-Koran 20:123

(OP, whats your take on this?)

Even the bible teaches us that wars would be used to bring judgement to the nations.

If you really want to learn about Islam, start by looking at the Islamic view and avoid biased websites that are inclined towards bashing Islam.

Jesus said turn the other cheek.
...Jesus came to show that violence could never lead to submission, but rather only to separation and destruction.

All that sounds fine and dandy. But Christians also believe that Jesus comes back to kill millions of people, especially non-Christians. Turn the other cheek and then destroy them?

My advice is, look at the larger picture. Don't just quote the lovey-dovey parts and say "see how nice Jesus was". Jesus had a certain mission. The part about "turning the other cheek" had a specific purpose... you don't understand it. But it definitely wasn't because Jesus wanted Christians to be slapped around.

edit on 18-1-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know that Mohammed was white and his last wife before he died was a Jew. I know that the black rock in Mecca is a meteorite, and I know that Islam will be the one world religion spoken of in the Bible in the Book of Revelation.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
If you really want to learn about Islam, start by looking at the Islamic view and avoid biased websites that are inclined towards bashing Islam.

That makes just as much sense as saying if you want to learn about the Clinton body count go ask Bill Clinton.

Religion always lies...

Religion is a form of mind control created to HIDE the truth.

If God were behind religion you MIGHT find the truth there, but He's not and you won't.

Why?

The author of religion is the father of ALL lies.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That makes just as much sense as saying if you want to learn about the Clinton body count go ask Bill Clinton.

It makes as much sense as saying if somebody wanted to learn about Christianity, they should go to a Christian source... not a source thats biased against Christianity.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If God were behind religion you MIGHT find the truth there, but He's not and you won't.
Why?
The author of religion is the father of ALL lies.

I don't know what you are trying to pull with your tirade against religion... but you keep forgetting that you have a religion as well.

Also the bible says

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
-James 1:27

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Hey why don't I share what I know about Islam,

OOOO YYEAHHHHH here we go

Islam did not do 9/11. CIA and Mossad did
Islam did not create GMO food. Western Profiteers did
(now they are creating featherless chicken, AN ABOMINATION)

Islam does not do Chem Trail spraying. Your lovely western governments do

Islam practices Islamic finance, Which introduces ethics into finance.
While western governments are busy trying to destroy it in every way. Not allowing it to flourish.

Islam practices Defense. While western governments practice Offense calling it Defense.

I could go on and on and on

AND ON

edit on 19-1-2013 by JewAgainstZionism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I read a translation of the Islamic handbook (never really sure if I should call it the Koran or Q'uran) and
didn't actually come away with much knowledge about the subject.

I also forced myself to read a translation of the Christian guidebook as well with the same results...

...pretty much some dead guy claims to be God of the universe--or at least to speak in behalf of
the God of the universe and then he does some magic stuff and everybody starts believing, or
disbelieving and then some guy starts a war 'cause they hate some other guys that don't believe
what they believe and then there's some "smotin" and a flood and people are eating with one hand
and kneeling to the east (not the universal east or any east related to the Milky Way---just the
earth-bound planetary one) and a dude is made from clay and there's a talking snake and martyrs
get to "have a go" with some virgins in heaven and this dude goes to a party and makes wine in a
bathtub and he walks on water and heals people and then this other guy is "parting the waters" so
these other dudes can walk thru and then some guy gets crucified and everybody is like "OH NO" but
it's cool 'cause he was like God or something and didn't really die, and then there's also a holy ghost
and some ritual cannibalism and at the end there is like a bunny and some hidden eggs and it turns
out it's okay to beat your wife if she won't put out or wear a veil....

Anyway, that's my educated assessment derived from my in-depth research

If you have any questions, feel free to ask...I did actually read these books

edit on 19-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I don't know what you are trying to pull with your tirade against religion...

Unlike religion, I HAVE no hidden agendas.

• Religion is mind control

• Religion HIDES the truth.

• God is NOT behind religion.

• Satan is the father of ALL lies, including religion.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

But you have your own religion. Or are you telling me that its somehow an exception from your points against religion?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I wonder if we are talking about two different things?

Perhaps semantics are just confusing the real meanings?

I suspect that the word "religion" has an entirely different meaning for everyone.

Here's what I DO know: I hate religion with a passion.

When I think of the word religion, I think of hate, murder, and lies.

The root meaning for the word "religion" (from the original Latin) means to "reconnect with God".

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

Jesus and religion are on opposite spectrum's,

One is the work of God, one is a man made invention.

Jesus and religion are opposed because they do the exact opposite.

This also relates to the quote in the sig below as well.

“Religion, from religare, signifies to tie or bind, because by true religion the soul is tied or bound, as it were, to God and His service.”

Museum of Antiquity A Description of Ancient Life

“The word religion comes from the word "religare" -- to bind fast, to connect.”
religare - definition and meaning

"...the etymological root of religion is the Latin religare - which means 'to tie, to fasten, to bind' "

GreenCine Daily: SFIFF, 4/27

The derivation of the word religion has been a matter of dispute from ancient times.

Religion, from Latin 'religare' meaning 'to bind', describes our connection to God as the One thing which exists.

Lactantius derives religion from religare (to bind): We are tied to God and bound to Him [religati] by the bond of piety, and it is from this, and not, as Cicero holds, from careful consideration [relegendo], that religion has received its name. (Lactantius)

St. Augustine himself was not satisfied with it, for in his 'Retractions', I, xiii, he abandoned it in favour of the derivation given by Lactantius. He employs the latter meaning in his treatise 'On the True Religion', where he says: 'Religion binds us [religat] to the one Almighty God.' (St Augustine)

Overview: Philosophy of Religion

edit on 19-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
You said "women are shown the highest respect", but also then you describe the "rules" for them, which to me means they are "subjugated", covered up, kept indoors and away from other men, not allowed to explore the world or to interact with anyone else .... that doesn't seem very "respectful" at all. It seems more like servitude and slavery and oppression.
edit on 18-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I think there is a confusion between monotheistic religions and Patriarchy of some cultures of the middle east.

Khadija was one of the richest persons of Mecca. She was a successful trader. She was famous because of her dignity and generosity among arabs.
Mohammad (pbuh) which was famous for his honesty would work with her as an associate for earning money. in one of Mohammad's trips, something odd happened. a peace of cloud would accompany above Mohammad in the sky as a shade. Khadija saw that but she did not pay attention to that till one of her workers told Khadija that a Christian cleric had told him that Mohammad would be the promised prophet of Mecca. Khadija who knew Mohammad as the most pious and honest persons of Mecca became curious about him. she asked her christian cousin whether there was a promised prophet of Mecca in the Bible. And his cousin confirmed that he was himself awaiting of the prophet of Mecca. Khadija fell in love with the probable prophet and indirectly wanted the 25 years old probable prophet to marry with her. Mohammad became a prophet when he was 40 years old and Khadija was the first person who believed him.
Mohammad would play with children and help with the houseworks.
after the prophecy of Mohammad God gave him a girl called Fatima in a society which bedouin arabs would bury their girl infants alive just because they were girls!
Mohammad would respect his girls a lot especially Fatima. she was and is famous for her piously life. she would speak for crowds and participate in political issues and she was the best supporters of her husband the fourth Caliph of Muslims.

edit on 19-1-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Now....the above description of punishment for being a SEXUAL HUMAN BEING seems atrociously barbaric. Sex is a natural thing; hormones rage within our bodies that drive us to "mate"; I'm really confused about how "skin ripping" is okay....not at all accepting of our nature as human beings - and imprisonment for the women?

yes desire for sex is natural and Islam actually respects that,
when a group of young guys were sitting in mosque and talking 'sex' the prophet came to them and adviced that the one's who can get married should do it.
So islam channels the hormones in a non degrading way for the society by making marriage simple and easy unlike the way/troubles now.
You must have heard, "marriage is the price men pay for sex and sex is the price women pay for marriage" but thats not the case now, the more the sex is free, the less will be the respect/need for marriage. Which gender suffers more in this system?
"If a girl doesnt do it, she is a prude b!tch. If she uses pills she is a slut. If she gets pregnant, she is an idiot. If she goes for abortion, she is satan." Great!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

They are PEOPLE, complex, important, precious, intelligent.....

Exactly! And yet what they wear makes a difference to you. Difference to people around them? whats the objective to go to college? Learn or look desireable?
Women are free to choose what to wear, but is it just a co-incidence that what they are being made to wear is much more pleasing to men and proportionally uncomfortable to the women, and yes it really facilitates to show their personalities and intelligence in so many ways! Right?
My point being, women are made slaves of fashion, chasing that ideal body/look apart from the usual efforts needed to study, work etc. Their self worth is being defined by how much they are desired.
Tell me is a woman really free? If yes then a woman covered up(not islamically dressed) should be treated the same as others by all. Does that happen?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

keeping them hidden and uneducated and segregated from other men or cultures is treating them like objects! Covering up their god-given beauty seems really oppressive. How is that "the highest respect" for another human being? To dress them, shush them, shut them away, forbid them to learn or interact with other cultures

hidden? Is it better than forcing/coaxing them to expose?
Its about what woman want, i am not the one who will hide or not educate my girls but is slowly changing perception of women by advertisements and making them hate themselves and so run and "beauty" products better?
The scope of this topic is much vast to deal in few replies.
Women should make a choice themselves, if they choose to cover would you be fine with it?
Think of a muslim woman as a nun who marries, has family and enjoys life in a balanced way. She feels her body is hers to decide about and chooses what is better for her spirituality, married life and family. It doesnt restrict her in any way to contribute in the community and society at large as an individual.
This woman gets respect just like a nun gets.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

There's a BIG DIFFERENCE between dressing like a hooker in heels, bare-legged, short-skirt, tight blouse, exposing cleavage in skin-tight and VERY UNCOMFORTABLE clothing IN ORDER TO BE SEDUCTIVE,

and a woman wearing blue jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, with her hair in a simple pony-tail.

Slutty is slutty. Demure is demure. Comfortable is confidence. Western women also disapprove of girls and women dressing like hookers, by the way.

"I'm here to study," doesn't focus on looks at all, but a Muslim woman in full coverage is CERTAINLY going to "stand out" in any Western place of learning," as being INORDINATELY COVERED UP. Is it because her "menfolk" are jealous of her beauty being exposed to others? Is it a learned "shame" that she is a woman (maes2, above pointed out that girl babies were buried alive - yeah, THAT's respect....)

Now, you say that they have a choice. I had heard they were REQUIRED to wear those robes and coverings. If I'm mistaken, that's fine. It has been portrayed to Westerners (the practice of covering up) as a sort of "hiding" thing.

A woman's attitude is far more important than what she is wearing. A woman who is confident in her brains and in her composure doesn't need to "cover up" -- her ability to look people in the eye, to speak her mind in a moderate voice, and to effortlessly exude "self-respect" is plenty.

For heaven's sake, if a woman has to be completely covered up to be taken "seriously", well, that's just weird, to my mind. Just be yourself....

I agree that the media uses women to "sell product" - I am not promoting dressing like a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!! - but putting a bag over your head is for those too ashamed of who they are to be seen in their natural state.

My "natural state" is jeans and loose fitting tops. A woman's ATTITUDE is what seduces men who have brains. If she's more interested in sexual advances, that will be obvious as well, by her ATTITUDE.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. I want to add that you seem to have a "warped" idea of how Western women dress, just as we have a "warped" idea of why Muslim women would want to be "veiled" in fabric as though ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Just another thought as I ponder these things:
The headscarf is a "NOT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR FUN" signal to ward off attention, correct?

My wedding band serves the same purpose - and it's so PRETTY in the sunshine!! It's a symbol of my husband's fidelity and love for me; and my wearing it indicates "taken". It's a "gift" from him, a token of his respect and esteem - not a "brand" or signal that I am subjugated to him.

NO. A headscarf is not just worn by married women. It is worn by girls from puberty.
Its not necessarily does the job of avoiding attention, especially in west. It is more of a statement declaring her faith just like a habit of a nun. Also clearing that she not to be flirted with or approached with some 'specific' intentions as it would be a waste of time for both. She is not closed to interact with other students/co-workers/co-passengers etc just not open for anything even remotely sexual. So anyone who respects that is free to approach.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It occurs to me, logical7, that you may have more exposure to European young women and those "fashion slave" types - I am curious what part of the world you live in.

Yes, there are "body image" issues among young women who are shown an impossible "ideal" - and that is something our society is dealing with. We don't want women to feel "not good enough", but the capitalists sure know how to sell their products and portray the "ideal" in order to sell makeup, salon services, etc.

I'm not promoting that at all. I hope you understand.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

(maes2, above pointed out that girl babies were buried alive - yeah, THAT's respect....)

In Pre-Islamic period. The pagans used to do it. The muslims detest it.
Still goes on among pagans in India, they drown her in milk!!! But now its just easier to abort.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Is it because her "menfolk" are jealous of her beauty being exposed to others?

it sure is likely. That unfortunately is not that simple. Its also about sensatisation or better desensatisation. In west an exposed sleeveless arm is nothing.not the same in muslim countries.
I am also advocating modest dressing. Hijab is a choice to show religious commitment, if someone chooses it, i am fine. If not, i am fine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join