It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me what you know about Islam

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

They are all over my signature.

I didn't include the video links directly but here. I apologize.

edit on 20-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

I meant to say Mahmoud Ahmedinejad.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

But you aren't FREE!! You live your days according to what A book tells you.... this isn't FREEDOM! It's OPPRESSION!! You can keep believing that you are FREE if you want.... but you will never know the true meaning of FREEDOM until you are free from that Religion!!

thank for your concern. I'l give you an example of a soldier. He is not that free as a civilian. He has dicipline that helps him to keep focused on better things. A muslim man/woman choose Islam. Freedom means free choice. If i choose to follow a book, i am still freely choosing to obey.

But you dont let your women have a choice.... do you?

They are crucified in some places.... not even allowed to take driving lessons FGS.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

Uhhh......
Okay, watched it.

You're pissed and think Obama is a party to the atrocities. I still don't see how this relates to the thread, except that you are angry...and what's it to you if you're Canadian?

While I agree with your round-about discourse about humanity and the galaxy, I don't get your point as it concerns this thread.

And what do you mean "I meant Mahmoud Ahmadinejad"?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That's what hardcore fundamental Christians think about the Bible, too.

then maybe i am a fundamental muslim too.
Its about how much you respect my views even when you disagree. I believe something, dont advocate violence and plan to live a "peaceful" & "virtuous" life. I dont need to be accepted or worst apologise for my belief.

The thing is, when those very
"handbooks" advocate violence and
present an obsolete view of the
human condition and how to deal with it in modern times....
they SHOULD be updated.

i dont think Bible or Qur'an advocate anything. The overall message is of peace. I am taking this stand because you want to put the blame of violence on holy books. Someone who in hell bent to do a wrong thing doesnt need permission from a book.
Lets look at the opposite. Would the world be better if everyone followed their holy books? Yes Indeed!!
Yes they are used to justify violence but so is patriotism. Are you advocating anti-patriotism equally?
Modern times? How that changes good, justice, equality, compassion?

As for Muhammed being the last
prophet PERIOD....do you see how
some of us might feel that is a very
narrow view?

yes i can empathise but thats about it. Are you asking me to change my belief? Feels a lot that way!

Again, I'm thinking the Baha'i faith is
as legitimate as any, and should be
recognized for what they teach. I don't
care if it refutes ANYONE's stubborn
beliefs,

i have no trouble in looking at their philosophy, i enjoy buddhist, tao, hindu philosophies. Do i HAVE to accept Baha'i faith? you are almost evangelical about it!

Every generation
produces new thinking as well as
revisits old thinking. It's known as
PROGRESS.
very true. I see that in science, philosophy, art etc. I am curious, do you think we are linearly progressing in virtue,morals, ethics?
edit on 20-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevens8
I know this is the future of Islam by their fruits and witness,

English Standard Version (©2001)

Judges 8
Then Zebah and Zalmunna said, “Rise yourself and fall upon us, for as the man is, so is his strength.” And Gideon arose and killed Zebah and Zalmunna, and >>he took the crescent ornaments that were on the necks of their camels.>him seven shepherds, even eight leaders of men

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FamiliarBoyOfGoodFortune

And I'm almost certain we originated from Iran, Israel, Europe and South Africa.

And if you, and your friends and family don't heed my words along with many others,
your nations will fall into perpetual darkness.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Hey, ladies and gentlemen,
would you mind taking a peek at an off-shoot thread I posted regarding what Muslims think about what's happening at the hands of Al-Qaeda in Mali?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I think it would help the rest of us to understand how Islam feels about the constant warring, murder, and oppression that the extremists are producing.

Gosh...how do you think Islam feels about the constant warring, murder and oppression? The Muslims are on the receiving end of it a lot of the time. It doesn't stop just because it's not on the news, but you won't hear the life story or know the family history of the Muslims that are killed sometimes it's just a number, or a statement about how smart the weapons are, or how they were enemy combatants etc, etc.

We are all human beings, and we should come to common terms about that. There is no compulsion in religion, everyone can do as they please until it's their turn to step off the train and find out where their journey ends.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

But you dont let your women have a choice.... do you? They are crucified in some places.... not even allowed to take driving lessons

yes we do. You think a woman cant choose islam? Here's a fact, among converts from the west majority are women.
A lot of horrible things are done in the world by people, how is it that the religion of the criminal is only mentioned when he/them are muslim?
I have no problem in women driving. The place where its not allowed is a monarchy.
Btw would you mind to tell me your point? You dont like islam. Right? Can it be that you dont like what you know about it and you know it all wrong?
I saw that you have an issue with being restricted. You must then also hate waiting for anything, driving rules, deadlines etc

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Gosh...how do you think Islam feels about the constant warring, murder and oppression?

I don't know...that's why I asked!!
What are Muslims who love peace doing about stopping the violence coming from their "brethren" in the faith??

I, as an American, am vocally opposed to the USA being involved in other peoples' business. Our own house needs cleaning.

We are all human beings, and we should come to common terms about that. There is no compulsion in religion, everyone can do as they please until it's their turn to step off the train and find out where their journey ends.

....absolutely in agreement with you on this point.

The thing is that in some countries or areas or territories, anyone who chooses not to "comply" with the local religion....well, they aren't left alone to "not comply".
edit on 20-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman

And I'm almost certain we originated from Iran, Israel, Europe and South Africa.

And if you, and your friends and family don't heed my words along with many others,
your nations will fall into perpetual darkness.

Do you really believe what you are typing? No, I mean really? Well, if they are your words with all due respect, they ain't worth much. Why? Because If you believe if God, they it should be Gods words (assuming that you think He knows more than you), but you are taking parts of the Bible and leaving other parts. So you accept some and reject some, surely you should accept all of it? Do you accept all of it?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Gosh...how do you think Islam feels about the constant warring, murder and oppression?

I don't know...that's why I asked!!
What are Muslims who love peace doing about stopping the violence coming from their "brethren" in the faith??

I, as an American, am vocally opposed to the USA being involved in other peoples' business. Our own house needs cleaning.

....absolutely in agreement with you on this point.

The thing is that in some countries or areas or territories, anyone who chooses not to "comply" with the local religion....well, they aren't left alone to "not comply".
edit on 20-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I think the real question is, how would any sane, balanced, unbiased person feel about the constant warring and aggression? Do you think Muslims are some how different?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Girls and women are not to be educated (at least in some sects)

islam doesnt teach that at all. Islam is not always followed in its pure form, a large contributor, even the dominating factor is the local culture, the level of education of parents themselves etc.
All the girls at least recieve islamic education, taught to read Qur'an etc.
There again is a lot of diversity, my sister and cousins are more educated than me but also there are girls who just finished high school and even others who dropped out and got married at 18.
You cannot assume a rigid mould for all muslims. It would be like me asking "are all americans high school dropouts?"
on the other hand if you look at somalia, ethopia, mali etc they are struggling to survive, education for majority of them is just a dream
but they get islamic education everywhere, so islam stresses education, just muslims may not have means to get a formal education.
Prophet Muhammad asked the prisoners of war to teach muslims to read and write in exchange of freedom.
Islam teaches that "ink of a scholar is superior than blood of a martyr"
Ayesha is known as one of the greatest scholars of islam.
A renound scholar Abu Hanifa was know by name of his daughter Hanifa who was a scholar herself, Abu Hanifa(father of Hanifa)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

I'm not trying to "get you to give up" anything at all.
I'm not part of the Baha'i faith either, I only bring it up as an "offshoot" of Islam.

I've told you repeatedly, I appreciate our dialogue;
you have cleared up many things for me, and probably a lot of others as well.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I'm not trying to "get you to give up" anything at all.
I'm not part of the Baha'i faith either, I only bring it up as an "offshoot" of Islam.

I've told you repeatedly, I appreciate our dialogue;
you have cleared up many things for me, and probably a lot of others as well.

Thank you.

you are welcome!
maybe i feel that way as a part of my belief is being labelled "narrow minded"
it would be similar to what you'l feel if some off shoot of deism started preaching about hell. And claiming themselves deists. I dont mind what bah'ais do. I dont have to acknowledge them as right as it will contradict my belief.
Accepting any and all beliefs appears nice but also "a person who believes everything, believes nothing"

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

it would be similar to what you'l feel if some off shoot of deism started preaching about hell.

Okay, you seem to be getting your hackles up here. I presented Deism to the boards as an idea with which I was previously unacquainted.

I dont mind what bah'ais do. I dont have to acknowledge them as right as it will contradict my belief.

No, you don't have to do anything at all! (Except die, and in my country, pay taxes....
)

Accepting any and all beliefs appears nice but also "a person who believes everything, believes nothing"

I don't "believe everything".
*sigh*

I believe people should treat others the way they would like to be treated. That's it. That's my belief.

edit on 21-1-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I believe people should treat others the way they would like to be treated. That's it. That's my belief.

thats actually the basis of prophetic law. All law is derived from this.
Jesus pbuh said this, Prophet Muhammad pbuh too.
Do you consider that i'l not talk to a bahai or not eat with him/her?
When in a post i say i dont agree with them, i mean it. How you assume that i'l treat them badly?
I dont expect any christian to agree prophet Muhammad pbuh as a prophet, if they do, they'l be muslims.
So i actually do treat others the same as i want to be treated.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Do you think Muslims are some how different?

I don't know how they're different, or in what way they're different!! That's why I've been participating in this thread.

"Different" on a strictly human level? NO, of course not!!!

"Different" on the level of work, family, social systems....? NO, of course not!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

hey wildtimes,
i guess i have answered your list. Did i miss anything? Well the ones i dint respond are true like diet restrictions, no images of prophet, no interest banking etc.
Also i'l like to point that your curiosity appears confrontational as you sometimes phrase the questions in the same accusing way as the ignorant islam haters do.
I would also like to ask have you ever tried to self educate yourself about islam? You obviously read a lot, ever read any islamic books?
Just want to know if you consider it worth knowing about islam like other topics you read.
edit on 22-1-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I would also like to ask have you ever tried to self educate yourself about islam? You obviously read a lot, ever read any islamic books?
Just want to know if you consider it worth knowing about islam like other topics you read.

Yes, obviously I am trying to self-educate regarding Islam.
I have told you some of the books I've read. Some written by Muslim scholars, some by theologians and others by journalists and historians, some works of fiction by Muslim authors, as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

1. Converted to Islam
2. Married a Muslim
3. Have resided in the middle east for 3 years.

What would you like to know specifically?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join