Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Orion and China Pyramids.

page: 2
31
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 

I'm quite familiar with pareidolia. Your point is what, in relation to my original question?

edit on 1/17/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
n

What amuses me to no end is this: someone presents a highly elaborate theory, complete with intergalactic itinerary and Martian occupancy certificate, - with no evidence of any sort. When I see an alien Nike shoe, this will probably pique my interest... Until then... Meh.



Don't ya realize by now, evidence in this field is totally subjective? It will and can never be collective. It's all a matter of your degree of requirement from our limited advantage point (and conditioned upbringing)

If you're waiting for NASA to validate this then.......you may find your box in which you reside, awfully quiet after awhile.

To think intelligent life doesn't exist on these planets is more ridiculous than you thinking they do!

So let me see if I've got this right. According to your thinking-- we're the only planet in this 4 (terra firma) planet-system that is capable to house life because, there's no proof otherwise?

Do you know how YOUNG we are in comparison to our solar system? It's like a fetus trying to figure out quantum mechanics from the womb and because s/he can't.....it doesn't exist.

We're a mere blink on this otherwise 5-billion old wide-awake planet! So it's time we stop acting like infants and start thinking like quasi-adults. Stop waiting for evidence and just start considering the logistics.

Peace my friend



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Very interesting post OP! Thank you,
And thank you to the other insightful posts everyone else.

Going to check out some of the links.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I like this one,in my mind there's no doubt there's a connection to orion,
However the question that always comes to mind is, could it be connected
to the main function of them?,power seems to be a reasonable function,but
thats from our perspective

I do like puzzles

the thing that always seems to be overlooked is that water may have flowed through
the center of these complexes.As a function or as a part of the orion map??

is there any suggestion that water flowed through the chinese pyramids??

everytime i look at these more questions.

Nice one O.P.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The theory your talking about is the "Orion correlation theory", which has it's own Wikipedia page;

The theory has a number of holes, namely - the alignment never actually occurs, the dates are all wrong (circa 10,500 BC the sun was in the 'house of Virgo', not Leo), the 'bent' angle between the pyramids and the stars in Orion don't match (47-50° for the pyramids, 38° for Orion, and on and on.

Nice theory on the surface, but falls apart under closer examination.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The theory your talking about is the "Orion correlation theory", which has it's own Wikipedia page;

The theory has a number of holes, namely - the alignment never actually occurs, the dates are all wrong (circa 10,500 BC the sun was in the 'house of Virgo', not Leo), the 'bent' angle between the pyramids and the stars in Orion don't match (47-50° for the pyramids, 38° for Orion, and on and on.

Nice theory on the surface, but falls apart under closer examination.


is a very fair point,but getting the construction as good as they did

is it really a stretch to say they may have gone a bit wonky with an alignment
that may or may not be related to their main function??



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cjttatu
 


What would that "main function" be, requiring such an alignment?

Even Bauval and Hancock had admitted they don't dispute the dates of pyramid construction at Giza (circa 4th dynasty, 2,500 BC), so for them to keep their theory alive they contend that the builders kept to a schema laid out some 8,000 years earlier, from 10,500 BC. That's an awful long time to keep to a plan when everything else from this previous civilization vanished into dust, not leaving a single trace of it's existence. The 'plan' really falls apart when you consider that when this supposed alignment occurred in 10,500 BC, the sun was in the house of Virgo, not Leo, so what then was the Sphinx looking at? And shouldn't the sphinx have been a virgin then? How about the fact that Egyptians weren't privy to Greco-Roman astrological symbols (loosely based on Sumerian astrology), at any point in their history prior to the rule of the Ptolemy's? It's a stretch to get the Giza plateau to match with Orion, which it at least does resemble, but I don't see it at all with the Chinese pyramids.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So will we have to wait until 2089 until we figure this out...sorta like the plot to Prometheus? Damn I will old...



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by buddhasystem
 

I'm quite familiar with pareidolia. Your point is what, in relation to my original question?


If you aren't sure about my point, you are NOT familiar with pareidolia.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by buddhasystem
n

What amuses me to no end is this: someone presents a highly elaborate theory, complete with intergalactic itinerary and Martian occupancy certificate, - with no evidence of any sort. When I see an alien Nike shoe, this will probably pique my interest... Until then... Meh.



Don't ya realize by now, evidence in this field is totally subjective? It will and can never be collective. It's all a matter of your degree of requirement from our limited advantage point (and conditioned upbringing)


What a fancy talk to address a simple thing:

if there is no evidence, what's the freaking point of making up the whole elaborate space opera about aliens "certainly" traveling to Solar system and "certainly" having a stop over on Mars, and then coming to Earth? Hey, maybe they had a stop over on Venus? And maybe I had too much beer last night. Who knows.

I have a much better theory, that your liver is a symbiotic organism, which is connected, via quantum entanglement, with the Supreme Being Zmorrg, who rules the Universe from a massive neutron star close to the center of our Galaxy. If you feel strange once in a while - that's why. If you argue with my brilliant theory, that's because "It's all a matter of your degree of requirement from our limited advantage point (and conditioned upbringing)". Stop being ridiculous and worship your liver.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem
 



First of all, I was being respectful to you so not sure where all the sarcasm is coming from or...why. But I'll overlook your petulant conduct for now.

Whether you can relate to this or not---it's quite obvious Humans are understanding knowledge, individually. Let me break that down a bit.
In my mind there is no disputing alien life exists. In fact, they've not only been here, they continue to stay here and have made contact with some Humans. I have no doubt what-so-ever that that is true.

So in essence, 'knowledge' is not a collective thing like we learned in school where every student was literally on the same page of 'understanding'.

It's all changed or perhaps, coming back and we're breaking free from this conditioned society.

Now whether you subscribe to this or not is your business. Frankly, I don't care. I don't have a personal stake in your outcome. All I know is my truth and I've learned it's not for everyone. So that leaves me to conclude; truth is NOT taught. It's realized. And academia (science included) is clueless about what's really going on out there.

So if you want to correct me based on some dissertation you 'learned' in school.....I'm not interested.

Remember, I was kind to you so I would appreciate the same in return although I've learned not to expect anything.

Peace~



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Im with you on this one ha. Seriously if we think we are the only ones then we are being so narrow minded. Theres enough evidence out there what governments have tried to discredit. To the op great post. Il check out this subject as i know not much about this .....thanks



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by buddhasystem
 



First of all, I was being respectful to you so not sure where all the sarcasm is coming from or...why. But I'll overlook your petulant conduct for now.


I don't think I've been petulant but thank you anyway, I always appreciate a modicum of good will. Having said that, I have little but sarcasm when it comes to claims that can't possibly be verified. I think these are vain, and a waste of time.


In my mind there is no disputing alien life exists.


I respect your right to postulate that. That's a belief. Much like a religion.



And academia (science included) is clueless about what's really going on out there.


Ah, THAT thing... Well, that's a common attitude of a layperson with not much of good education under their belt. Somehow, GPS works, and MP3 streams, and tomography saves lives. Space probes are sent on complex trajectories in the Solar system with amazing precision. Animals are cloned. But all of that doesn't matter to the armchair savants. Clueless science? Meh.


So if you want to correct me based on some dissertation you 'learned' in school.....I'm not interested.


Of course you are not! What I've learned here on ATS is that the most "alternative" sort of people are invariably close-minded.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I respect your right to postulate that. That's a belief. Much like a religion.


Not a postulation nor a belief ! This comes from an in-person experience. And here's the 'scientific conundrum'. Ordinarily all it takes is a witness to make something true. Might not be a popular 'truth' but....it's a 'truth' non-the-less. However..if that particular truth isn't recognized to begin with then that whole concept goes out the _

So..........I'll leave it right there.

As far as your academic, layman and close minded comments.....I'll let you have the last word on that because frankly, it's not worth anymore of my time.


Be well and feel good my friend



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay
 





You know if you throw a handful of corn flakes on the floor they will match numerous constellations and star patterns.


This may be true, but If you keep throwing handfuls of corn flakes on the floor you DON'T keep getting the SAME constellation...



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by cjttatu
 


What would that "main function" be, requiring such an alignment?

Even Bauval and Hancock had admitted they don't dispute the dates of pyramid construction at Giza (circa 4th dynasty, 2,500 BC), so for them to keep their theory alive they contend that the builders kept to a schema laid out some 8,000 years earlier, from 10,500 BC. That's an awful long time to keep to a plan when everything else from this previous civilization vanished into dust, not leaving a single trace of it's existence. The 'plan' really falls apart when you consider that when this supposed alignment occurred in 10,500 BC, the sun was in the house of Virgo, not Leo, so what then was the Sphinx looking at? And shouldn't the sphinx have been a virgin then? How about the fact that Egyptians weren't privy to Greco-Roman astrological symbols (loosely based on Sumerian astrology), at any point in their history prior to the rule of the Ptolemy's? It's a stretch to get the Giza plateau to match with Orion, which it at least does resemble, but I don't see it at all with the Chinese pyramids.



I agree, I think there is something about all these pyramid sets being somewhat similar, yet not exactly similar. But I believe they should be studied without the pressure of matching up to any western or eastern interpretation of constellations first. There will be more to learn this way than constantly trying to fit the square peg of pyramid alignment into the round hole of the orion constellation. Find the function first, and then see if it has anything to do with the stars.

There is something else about them we don't understand yet. I appreciate Bauval and Hancock & others bringing them together to be studied comparatively as a type of building phenomena across cultures, but I think we can move past the cosmos bit for a while now, although that part does sell books.

I mean I can see inaccuracies between them and the three stars in Orion with my own eyes in these pics, let alone without measuring exact angles. And I know there is another party out there who claims that the Egyptian pyramids align with Cygnus, not Orion, so again, more red herrings.

There are more interesting aspects to the other structures around them, such as aligned causeways, lesser pyramids, underground tunnels, and places where the dead have been embalmed or sacrificed. And there have been some threads on these out there, but not enough. If effort is made to compare these other features with the pyramids holistically, and not just to extract the 3 main pyramids and concentrate on them as if they were seperate from their surroundings, more should be revealed.
imho



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kako187
reply to post by TFCJay
 





You know if you throw a handful of corn flakes on the floor they will match numerous constellations and star patterns.


This may be true, but If you keep throwing handfuls of corn flakes on the floor you DON'T keep getting the SAME constellation...



Thank you.
I find it utterly amazing that these separate cultures (if indeed they were separate) build these monumental pyramids, all correlating to Orion's belt.



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Remember this guy?Scott Creighton?
He has his own forum on here.

He has got some interesting theories.

The Giza-Orion Blueprint

www.scottcreighton.co.uk...



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by TFCJay
You know if you throw a handful of corn flakes on the floor they will match numerous constellations and star patterns.


This is true. Now tell me how many times you'll have to throw them on the floor to get the same constellation twice.


Pareidolia


a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.




BLIND


blind /blīnd/ Adjective Unable to see; sightless. Verb Cause (someone) to be unable to see, permanently or temporarily: "eyes blinded with tears". Noun People who are unable to see. Adverb Without being able to see clearly: "he was the first pilot to fly blind". Synonyms adjective. sightless verb. dazzle noun. curtain - shade



posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I just watched an ancient aliens episode about Orion... it was pretty interesting and this doesn't surprise me at all. It seems pyramids throughout the entire world are set up in this pattern. I wonder if there are any government buildings that are set up in this fashion or some kind of modern day structures in plain sight.. Just a random thought I had.

Also, in ancient babylonian art and other ancient arts there are some who look like men, other men with bird heads, holding a pine cone.. I know the pine cone is likely a symbol of our pineal gland and the link to astral projection and everything.. but i'm wondering what is the little basket they are all holding? I've seen this basket many times now in many documentaries and I can't seem to find any information on them..





new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join