It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion and China Pyramids.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So,if these pyramids are hypothetically aligned with the Orion constellation,why?

Here is a list of habitable exo-planets so far that have been found.
Just throwing this out there to contemplate on.

phl.upr.edu...

Last updated in September 2012.

I'm sure there have been many more added to the list since then.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
As far as the Egyptian pyramids go, I believe the Egyptians and others were in contact with each other about 10,000 years ago or so. The thought among the Egyptians was that the way to the after life went through Osiris in the Orion star constellation. After thousands of years, the stars in the night sky change position from where you see them now by a slight amount. Shafts in the Egyptian pyramids pointed to Orion, possibly important for the soul of the pharaoh to get there in the afterlife. I believe other cultures shared beliefs. I've also heard Orion was important because it rose or set at important agriculture times marking important times for the community, maybe time to harvest crops and/plant crops.

More about Egyptian pyramids.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net.../Orion%20Link

edit on 17/1/13 by orionthehunter because: Apparently Osiris is spelled with i's instead of Osirus. Apple software wants to put in a u.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, the Egyptian pyramids are pretty similar:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So.... if the pyramids sort of align with the stars, what does that mean?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjttatu

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The theory your talking about is the "Orion correlation theory", which has it's own Wikipedia page;

The theory has a number of holes, namely - the alignment never actually occurs, the dates are all wrong (circa 10,500 BC the sun was in the 'house of Virgo', not Leo), the 'bent' angle between the pyramids and the stars in Orion don't match (47-50° for the pyramids, 38° for Orion, and on and on.

Nice theory on the surface, but falls apart under closer examination.

is a very fair point,but getting the construction as good as they did

is it really a stretch to say they may have gone a bit wonky with an alignment
that may or may not be related to their main function??

It is indeed a stretch. Egyptians exhibited major feats of precision when it came to construction. There are people here on ATS who insist that this is evidence of some lost ancient high technology. They could plane a large surface with near laser precision. Either way, they sure had methods to plan, measure and cut with great accuracy. If something doesn't match, I don't buy that this is because of them getting "wonky".

I frankly had some thoughts before the post to which you replied - that is, one shouldn't be really throwing around diagrams with 3 decimal digit precision, trying to prove that or some other theory, because ultimately it won't match.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deometer

You have two elongated diagrams with a bunch of dots. Then you are being very selective in what dots you connect in either. After that very biased approach to data, you still feel you need to add "sort of similar" or "kind of similar". If one follows that recipe, images of Orion will start popping literally everywhere. Here, this is one mystical discovery I just made that proves once and for all the universal sacred nature of Orion:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Never heard before of pyramids in China, though I had read about linking of Orion with Egyptian pyramids. Wherever monarchical societies existed in the past, an attempt was always made to somehow link the king with the Gods. Construction of Pyramids in a pattern similar to stars in Orion appears to me just another attempt to prove kings linkage to Gods.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by cathavale7
reply to post by MysterX

Never heard before of pyramids in China, though I had read about linking of Orion with Egyptian pyramids. Wherever monarchical societies existed in the past, an attempt was always made to somehow link the king with the Gods. Construction of Pyramids in a pattern similar to stars in Orion appears to me just another attempt to prove kings linkage to Gods.

Prove to whom exactly? I didn't know that laypeople in Ancient Egypt and China had access to satellite imagery. Because otherwise there is no way to even see the general plan of the site. I've been to Egypt and I couldn't have guessed "Orion" or "chicken nuggets" when looking at the pyramids.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Yes bu i doubt other pyramids from different civilizations would 'happen' to be in the shape of the same constellation.

Who knows, i just doubt everything ancient people did was just a 'coincidence' that's all.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

they are Radar facilities. we have them in Nevada, Utah, Arizona California.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I already mentioned this, and by looking the much better pics like this one, I can say once again that the supposed correlation is a huge stretch. The star pattern looks nothing like what we see in this pic. Also note that this link provides a much better view than in your post.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kako187

Three points on a line is not really all that exciting.

Are you -sure- it was Orion? I can put lots of stars together in a line.

The truth of the matter is the sky is jam packed with stars and if our eyes were better and light pollution were less we would see that everynight.

Humans build a lot of things in a row, is every three houses on a street a homage to the stars or just a logical layout?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Don't you know the Egyptian pyramids line up better with Sirius?!... Seriously, there are thousands of pyramids in China and 10s of thousands of clearly visible stars in the sky giving an astronomical number of possible configurations that pyramid clusters may be lined up to.... I'm not saying you're wrong, just that there is no proof - until some ancient texts explicitly say the pyramids were constructed that way... BTW. Ancient Alien theories are absolute BS in case you're well into that way of thinking...

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I know that 12000 years is a drop in the bucket when it comes to stars and their relative movements, but...

Perhaps the 3 stars of Orion's Belt have ever so slightly changed position over that time, making the slight bend in the line either more or less pronounced? Which would explain the discrepancies between ancient building alignments and modern stellar alignments. I found a website with some pictures that should answer my question but I'm on a dinky handheld and can't load the pics.

cosmoquest.org...

Someone replied with 3 embedded photos, towards the bottom.

Anyways, just an idea
. Parodelia is not a very good explanation IMO. Occam's Razor is not very effective at dismantling ancient history, since Occam's Razor is only useful when a large amount of facts are available. With history we have almost zero facts and almost all theory.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

And in response to the notion that the pyramids were built in 2500 BC but followed a design laid out 8000 years prior - it is not far-fetched if you understand the nature of Mystery Schools. Even in 2500 BC, only the high priesthood were privvy to their most sacred teachings. And it is indisputable that their religion was a seemless mix of astronomy and astrology.

Even if you disagree with the 3 pyramids representing Orion's Belt, the alignments to Sirius and other star systems is again indisputable.

Combine that with the absence of an early Egyptian learning curve (their culture and religion were fully intact at 2500 BC, which implies that those Egyptians were an offshoot, or a satellite community of a much larger civilization located elsewhere.

Combine that with the indisputable (well, it has been disputed, but never intelligently) cultural, religious, and engineering similarities between Egyptians and a long list of others all over the globe, and it becomes very likely that this "mother culture" is indeed what stretches back to 10500 BC. And that explains perfectly why even 8000 years later, the religious elite who designed the pyramids were not just memorializing that ancient culture, but encoded all the teachings from that era into the structures as well.

If you really think about it, this makes the most sense of the most pieces of evidence we have. Most "skeptics" tend to downplay or simply ignore some of the "indisputable" points I made. But that's a burden for their shoulders, and will continue to be until they take a step back and look at the big picture.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I feel like I should jsut go on every thread on this forum and post a link to this documentary....

I covers alot of the pyramids on the planet, the odd runic language you find in Indus valley and on Easter island goes over some stellar alignment theory and does it with out needing any aliens

(believe it or not you can match Giza to other constalations besides Orion, Deneb being one of them)

so here: www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hi ya'll,

It seems that a number of posters in this thread consider the Giza-Orion concordance as either pareidolia or that such a correlation could be made with three other stars forming the same pattern. I have to disagree with both of these suggestions - but not without good reason.

Certainly the human mind has a great capacity for seeing patterns in things, for bringing order out of chaos. How many of us have seen faces in clouds or in rock formations etc? But the Giza-Orion concordance is not simply about matching a pattern of three stars in the sky with the layout of three pyramids on the ground. The concordance goes much, much deeper than that so much so, in fact, that we are left in no doubt that the Giza Pyramids were indeed matched by the ancient builders with Orion's Belt. There is simply no doubt in my mind about this.

So, what is it that makes me so convinced? A number of things.

First of all there is the fact that using the Orion Belt stars, we can, in a simple and systematic fashion, replicate the base dimensions of the three main Giza pyramids to a very high degree of accuracy. You can observe how this is achieved here. Now, the chances of this correlation between the Belt Stars and the base dimensions of the three main Gizamids occurring is something in the order of 280 TRILLION to 1 against. And yet, even in the face of such immense and truly staggering odds, there it is at Giza. Try using any other configuration of stars other than Orion's Belt and they will produce three entirely different relative bases. Even the slightest difference in the star pattern can create huge differences in the three bases produced. (See Cygnus v Orion comparison below). This tells us, beyond reasonable doubt, that the Giza pyramids were the result of deliberate, preconceived site planning. A grand, preconceived, unified site plan.

But why am I convinced it is Orion and not, for example, the wings of the Cygnus constellation which author, Andrew Collins, presents as a better centre-to-centre correlation? Or some other triad of stars?

Simple. At Giza we have two other clues that tell us, unequivocally, that it can be no constellation other than Orion's Belt. These clues are presented to us in the two sets of three smaller satellite pyramids at Giza. One set of three stands to the east side of Khufu's pyramid (G1) whilst the second set of three small satellite pyramids stands to the south of Menkaure's pyramid (G3). Now, the truly remarkable and quite unique feature of these two sets of three small pyramids is that they actually present what is known as the 'precessional culminations' of the Orion Belt stars at rising (ca. 2,500 CE) and setting (ca. 10,500 BCE). You can observe this here. The point to understand here about the precessional culminations is that there are simply NO OTHER triad of stars in the night sky that can replicate this other dimension of the Giza pyramids. ONLY Orion's Belt works. This is independent corroboration of the underlying influence of Orion's Belt in the design and layout of the Giza site.

Some others in this thread have asked about the purpose of it all. It does serve a very important function, imo. The inclusion of the Belt Stars into the grand plan was, imo, to present a celestial clock marking specific dates both past and future. You can read more on this here.

BTW, for anyone interested in seeing the Geo-Stellar Fingerprint of Orion and Cygnus side-by-side to see how they compare, have a look here. (Powerpoint Show).

Hope at least some of you may find the above of some interest.

Regards,

Scott Creighton
edit on 18/1/2013 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Then how do you explain that this same pattern appears in pyramids and ruins world wide? I can throw cornflakes up in the air all day long and I MIGHT get one example of Orion's belt. Then I have to vacum all the damned cornflakes off the floor. I think I'll depend on my brain, logic, and the wonder of the Universe.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by TFCJay

Then how do you explain that this same pattern appears in pyramids and ruins world wide? I can throw cornflakes up in the air all day long and I MIGHT get one example of Orion's belt.

I posit that this is a case of pareidolia. If you look at the photos in the opening of this thread, and on a better version of the Chinese site pic I recently posted, it's big stretch to say it's Orion and all. I do agree that in many cases the structures are aligned along a straight line, more or less, but this does not an Orion make. My street has 3 identical houses aligned, and I live in one of these. I swear I don't come from Orion. Peripheral mounds/pyramids are smaller, again something to be expected logically, w/o resorting to constellations.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Thanks,Scott for your input on this .
I agree with your theories and others.

I have but one question.
Why?
What was so important about the alignment that drove these civilizations to spend so much time and resources to build them?
Seems to be abit extreme for a celestial clock,don't you think?

edit on 18-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join