It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama admits "All all assault on Liberty" gun ban!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Right I caught him really messing up with pauses while trying to make that statement. He couldn't stop the mental images from coming in to bombard his preplanned speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here is a question I have been dying to ask you Americans.

1.Your 2nd Amendment was made for a reason,correct??
2.Your government is highly corrupt,correct?
3.If you guys have done nothing about it then don't you deserve to lose that 2nd Amendment??
4.Would this happen if they were scared of you "the people"?

Answers please?
I am Canadian so forgive my ignorance on this issue.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
...less nutters = less shootings...

The "nutters" are the ones in control...

Even the sickest serial killers have NOTHING on the state.

They are FAR more notorious than ANY street criminal.

It's the governments that have always been behind the worst crimes committed against humanity.

There are those who believe that the government should have the monopoly on violence; that the government should be the only one armed, and that we should trust the government to protect us. There is just one little tiny problem with that, and that is that the gang of armed men doing the killing and the kidnapping usually IS the government.

It is the governments of the world who have initiated the genocides, the ethnic cleansings, the great mass murders. It's the governments that have systematically exterminated political dissidents. It's the governments who have built the concentration camps and the secret prisons.

It's the governments that have always been behind the worst crimes committed against humanity. Human governments have repeatedly demonstrated themselves to be the most bloodthirsty, ruthless, and corrupt organizations on earth. Even the sickest serial killers have nothing on the state.

And yet some would entrust them with the absolute power of life and death over you and your family. That's what is at stake when you give the government the monopoly on violence, because when the people have no defense the government has no boundaries.

The REAL Mass Murderers

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The "nutters" are who they (the government) say they are.
You can be called one for questioning their motives it seems,so its open season anytime they want.
edit on 16-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Here is the summary:

Here are the main objectives of the President's plan:

1. Close background check loopholes to keep guns out of dangerous hands;

2. Ban military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines;

3. Make schools safer; and

4. Increase access to mental health services.

www.shakesville.com...

A full transcript of the President's and Vice President's remarks is available here.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

I'm cool with everything but number 2, and the fact that doctors can pry more into your life.

And it's number 2 on that list that will determine if we live in tyranny, or live with freedom.
edit on 1/16/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Quotation:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Double post so here we go:

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Here is a question I have been dying to ask you Americans.

1.Your 2nd Amendment was made for a reason,correct??
2.Your government is highly corrupt,correct?
3.If you guys have done nothing about it then don't you deserve to lose that 2nd Amendment??
4.Would this happen if they were scared of you "the people"?

Answers please?
I am Canadian so forgive my ignorance on this issue.

Yes.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thank-you Murgatroid for the transcript link.
www.washingtonpost.com... -605528f6b712_story_4.html
Here is Mr Obama's quote," This will be difficult. There will be pundits and politicians and special interest lobbyists publicly warning of a tyrannical all- out assault on liberty, not because that’s true, but because they want to gin up fear or higher ratings or revenue for themselves. And behind the scenes, they’ll do everything they can to block any commonsense reform and make sure nothing changes whatsoever. "

I understand that to mean that it is true. There will be a tyrannical all- out assault on liberty.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Violater1
Please provide a couple of links to your source. If not, just listen for yourself.

I can't bear to listen to ANY more lies from politicians...

I feel polluted and disgusted just listening to them, which is WHY the transcript link.

Am I the ONLY one here that feels that way?

'I can't stand to hear his voice any more. He's a liar and worse.' ~ Caroline Kennedy

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

You aren't alone. Lies will corrupt one's discernment. If there's any consolation, it's not really obama you are hearing. It's the voice of the famous emmanuel, the one who got him the job.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

You are absolutely right...

He is merely a puppet on a string.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Further more, we are doing something about it!!! That is the difference regardless of what the social media would have you believe.

Edit to say I do not mean 'you'.
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well we all know the governments of the world do nasty stuff to maintain the status quo, but if we can stop some guy(s) with sick minds doing stupid things then why not (assuming it doesn't stop anyone else doing what they want legally)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.npr.org... even npr doesnet think the federal gun effort will pass its all a dog and pony show .

President Obama's historic plunge Wednesday into the politics and realities of gun control in America has mobilized advocates on both sides of the issue. But though his major proposals, from banning assault rifles to more stringent background checks and ammunition limits, are being rolled out in the shadow of the school massacre in Newtown, Conn., their Capitol Hill prospects remain highly uncertain given longstanding resistance to such efforts. Both Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, head of the president's task force on gun violence, said as much during their televised announcement of the gun violence prevention initiative. "I have no illusions about what we're up against or how hard the task is in front of us," Biden said. "But I also have never seen the nation's conscience so shaken by what happened at Sandy Hook." Said Obama, nodding to the reality of politics, pundits, and politicians: "This will be difficult."

www.npr.org... this one thinks ny and ca state laws might be the exception to state legislation so im feeling much better about this then i was a few weeks ago they will stop the fedral law from passing and most of his EO's dont do much of anything really but making it sure that people with mental disabilities just wont go see drs or tell them the truth

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Actually Obama said it correctly (not that saying it correctly makes it a true statement tho). The way the OP said that he should have stated it would be a double negative "Not ------ Not True" which would cancel out the "Nots" and make it true....There ABC guys, I just defended the POTUS.
edit on 16-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

And it has already been pointed out, is a fake quote.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Edited....I shouldn't go "there"
edit on 16-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Well we all know the governments of the world do nasty stuff to maintain the status quo, but if we can stop some guy(s) with sick minds doing stupid things then why not (assuming it doesn't stop anyone else doing what they want legally)

Most are completely UNAWARE of the hidden agenda behind gun control...

For those who DON"T know, the guys with the sick minds are the ones confiscating the guns.

They are NOT trying to fight crime, they are trying to COMMIT crime. (see sig)

"...the tragic fact is that disarming victims leads to great bloodshed. I'm referring to the millions of people who died at the hands of their government over the past century. Most of these mass murders were preceded by a cynical and calculating "gun control" program, leading to eventual disarmament. Genocide followed soon thereafter."

Leave Mass Murder to the Professionals

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Ok so here is another one for you:

I would rather be judged by 12 farmers than 12 scholars

www.monticello.org...

Please don't judge me or the spin offs to what he did in fact say.
edit on 16-1-2013 by antar because: extags

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What up with nutters advocating violence? "All-out assault on the president"

Seems like a poor way to react to such a reasonable addition to gun laws.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join