It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil gun control plan within the hour

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Ok.... He said nothing about the executive orders he's freakin signing! I watched that for nothing! He makes me sick.

link   
And within a few seconds, the stroke of the pen, and his signature on the bottom of that paper, all 23 executive actions have now been passed....

link   
But the kids asked for it, think about the kids.

I never thought I'd see the day. Wow.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I wonder why he didn't go over EVERY order?

Typical.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Typical.

Because he didn't read them.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So when will we have access to know exactly what was in the 23 orders that we just saw signed.

WTH????

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
And within a few seconds, the stroke of the pen, and his signature on the bottom of that paper, all 23 executive actions have now been passed....

Only in his mind, and those stupid enough to believe he has that authority. I will comply with NOTHING as my rights state that they are INALIENABLE and the Second states that it "Shall not be infringed" - making all of this pomp and circumstance complete BS!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by Unrealised

Typical.

Because he didn't read them.

Again, typical.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Where's Code Pink!?

Don't they usually/supposedly stand for freedom?

I am astounded that the people in the room said nothing whatsoever at the loss of their freedoms and yet actively supported them.

Nothing good is going to come from this in my opinion. It is a clear violation of our Constitution.

I hope the impeachment motion gains steam. This cat is destroying what little is left of the Republic.
edit on 16-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: typing faster than my brain. Kinda like this Admin

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Start the process of impeachment already.

i would be very interested in what those EO said exactly.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have never seen this administration display their agenda as clear as I just saw. What I got from it all is. They need to strike so much fear that even the pro-gun supporters will agree to their agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
So when will we have access to know exactly what was in the 23 orders that we just saw signed.

WTH????

Didn't he say we would have two weeks to see what laws were to be passed?

After all, this is the most transparent government eva.

Once again, being sarcastic.
edit on 16-1-2013 by TDawgRex because: typing faster than my brain. Kinda like this Admin

link   
Well, it appears that this is what happens when you allow the Fed to control our healthcare. The negative repercussions from Obamacare will come hard and fast in all directions. These gun EOs are an example of how Obamacare will affect all of our lives in ways that have nothing to do with "healthcare."

link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by CX
"We should be responsible for shielding kids from harm"...

Isn't that why, at least in the worst circumstances, a parent would want a decent firearm?

CX.
In Sandy Hook, A Parent HAD a decent firearm, a few in Fact.

And here we are....

I'm thinking more of a home situation where a parent is needing to protect their family or themselves.

If a parent had a firearm at Sandy Hook and didn't use it, then so be it. However not all parents would have acted that way.

Take all the firearms away and no parent will even have the chance to protect their loved ones.

CX.

It was a joke refrencing the mother of the perp (Lanza) had a few decent firearms in her home that were used to kill the children. The event took place in a no gun zone. No parents were armed during the incident.

God Bless,

link   
For anyone wanting to view the full executive order document, HERE you go.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenblaz
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit... I am in a state of shock right now. I can't believe he keeps bringing up emotions (kids) for all of this.

JT

Yeah.. Me too. I don't even have any clever asides or remarks. I just don't know quite how to feel or react. This is a day and a speech I never thought I'd see in America. I just don't know where we go from here. It's going to be hard to focus on classes in a few hours, that's for damn sure.

I'll bet it's real obvious at the college, who is and who isn't a gun owner or activist. Those who look like their dog just died will be the ones of like mind I guess. I feel heart sick. It's the best description.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Isn't it a violation of HIPAA to have docs talk about medical issues?

He believes that is unnecessary...

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tomjo

thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So we can see how hypocrite he is, he said that any action that could save one live must be done, he could start by legalizing drugs, it would save thousands of lives. Also he could stop the wars and save millions of lives...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Why are people applauding at a press conference?

Quote from Star Wars ....
"So this is how liberty dies ... to the sound of applause .... "

Brilliant!

God Bless,

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join