It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that Young Abe Lincoln in the right eye of Abe on Mount Rushmore? Sure it is!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ah, starting a new urban legend: Young Abe Lincoln is carved just above the right eye-orb of Abe Lincoln on Mount Rushmore. While zooming in on gigapan I found Young Abe just where you'd expect to find him, above Abe's right eye, just under the eyebrow. I took a pic which is at the bottom of the gigapan pic, and you can zoom in on it by clicking on "Young Abe Lincoln", or just go up into his right eye, look above it, and find it yourself. He's even got a tie and high-collar on, right in fashion for his day. No beard, of course, that came later. This is the young lawyer Abe, ready to fight for the common man and tell one or two of his stories.

The link: gigapan.com...

Now, to add to the urban legend, I reckon when Mount Rushmore was being carved one of the workers got bored with all the blasting and the dust and said to the main designer, "Sir, let's be even more creative", and so they were!

edit on 16-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a square block?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Looks like a demon.. Creepy not sure if that is supposed to be there or our eye's playin tricks. Interesting though.

Gs

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

No, that's the middle of the eye (which is interesting by itself, a square block makes the eye's middle on Rushmore). He's up a little higher in the eye socket, actually just under the eyebrow and above the eye.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
Looks like a demon.. Creepy not sure if that is supposed to be there or our eye's playin tricks. Interesting though.

Gs

Thank you, that's a compliment. Of course it's the eye playing tricks, but it sure looks like it could have been carved deliberately. That's how urban legends start, with a grain of "maybe", and your post tells me this has possibilities. And I discovered it not even four score and twenty minutes ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't see it, (but I am on my cell phone). I do see a copper penny resting on his left eyelid though.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I don't see it, (but I am on my cell phone). I do see a copper penny resting on his left eyelid though.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Underneath the picture I left a tiny picture labeled "Young Abe...", and if you click on that it zooms to the spot. I'm really liking gigapan, and just discovered the site when an OP here, impaired, posted his gigapan pics of Yellowknife Bay on Mars from the Curiosity rover. Exploring around Mount Rushmore it's interesting to me how the lines are formed, and makes me want to study the engineering tools which went into the fine-tuning of the sculpture (after the explosive blasts were done).

I've also always wondered why the debris from the project was never hauled away, and then looking at the size of those boulders underneath the sculpture it seems it would take a pyramid-like building crew to pick-up and transport individual piece.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
looks like Martin Luther King to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Masons got some explaining to do!

Edited to add that I can clearly see a skull face carved into the Devils right left horn!

edit on 16-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the Edit.

edit on 16-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the strike because I am getting senile with my left and right! :shk: sorry me a

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

That works too as urban legends go. Nice find. Lots of people think Lincoln was the devil (I've got relatives who won't see the movie because they hate the guy, weird. The film is worth it for the history lesson alone, not to even mention the acting). Anyway, yes, it is the devil giving the thumbs up (lol), or Lincoln, or Martin Luther King (I'm not seeing that one, but of course it's him). Or just rocks, which are always at the bedrock of everything (apologies).

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Looking at it further, it is odd how the criss-cross pattern stops at the "image" and it itself is smooth, even to the tie and collar as I'm seeing it. Maybe I've been hoisted on my own petard and it is a carving of a young Lincoln (or the devil, or a predestination of Martin Luther King). The best urban legands are when you start believing it yourself. Hmmmm, let's look into the other president's eye lobes, see what we can find. -- Edit: Nothing, although I was hoping to find a buffalo in Ted Roosevelt's eye. What was interesting there is the detail of the sculpture of Roosevelt's glasses, great workmanship. I took a pic of that too. I'm going to become a gigapan addict soon, I can just feel it coming on.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think it's matrixing. Simply the grain of the rock. Our minds trying to make something out of nothing. How many faces can you make out in woodgrain?
edit on 16-1-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow, thanks Omega, now I see it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

I can only show what I see at face
value.

And I think this looks very credible!

Personal Disclosure: I am legally insane due to schizophrenia and I have very good super powers of paredolia!

So if any masons and or geologists can show ATS where what I am seeing is only paredolia and not something deliberately carved that would be greatly appreciated!

Because it wouldn't let this 'claim' of mine fester!

And they already attract enough heat already!

I too can do with out the heat that comes from making such claims ... I have served the ball with my claim ... the ball is now in their court.

So the sooner they shut this down factually the better!

Edited to clarify ...

By my 'claim' I mean only that I see the devil in the place where the OP brought us to ... full kudos must go to them for bringing us this amazing picture ..if nothing else [ie its just paredolia].

edit on 16-1-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to clarify my position.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind words. But no, it can never be shut down now. The cat is out of the bag, the mouse has escaped the trap, the sloth is walking slowly across a branch. People will be arguing for decades: "It's a young Abe Lincoln" "No, fool, it's the devil, it's plainly the devil" "C'mon you guys, can't you see Martin Luther King? He's right there (I still can't see that one)".

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker
I think it's matrixing. Simply the grain of the rock. Our minds trying to make something out of nothing. How many faces can you make out in woodgrain?
edit on 16-1-2013 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

Ah, you "think" it's matrixing. Not sure? Lincoln lives! Anyway, as I've quoted elsewhere on ATS, author Robert Anton Wilson said that if you can't find the Virgin Mary within 10 feet of you you're not doing it right.

I've got a great face in the cloud that's in context in a very iconic photograph, but that's worth a thread by itself at some point.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Explanation: St*rred!

I agree ... no matter what the facts are ... they will never take our "the Devil is in the Details!" away from us!

Personal Disclosure: I am rock solid on my claim because I have a good eye for these things!

I hope the masons don't stonewall us on those details.

That would be mortarfying. [yes iI did deliberately misspell that]

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The face itself looks like Lincoln, and I can see your horns and ears there too. But remember, the traditional image of the "devil" is just, of course, Pan, the god of nature and other nice things. Pan was such a threat to the early Christians that they panned him (lol), and made him into the devil - just the opposite of what the wonderful image portrays. So if it is the "devil" horns, it's actually Pan! Pan Lincoln (lol)! This has been fun, thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So you got the demon with reptilian scales around it.

Where's the young Abe Lincoln?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Well, it started out to be Young Abe Lincoln, and then the devil got his tail into the de-tails. Just take away Pan's horns and large ears and look at what's left, Abe Lincoln sans beard, with a tie and an 1860s mod-fashion collar. Not in the outlined pic, but looking at the rock pic itself. Tell your friends (and your family columnist or CNN anchor).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join