It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that Young Abe Lincoln in the right eye of Abe on Mount Rushmore? Sure it is!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So was Abe Lincoln a reptile?

You don't see those reptile scales around the demon?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I believe that might be an area where they patched a crack in the rock. It does look like a smaller profile of Lincoln though, lol. Who knows, maybe the person doing the repair work decided to leave his own mark.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skychief

Interesting, a patch job. Maybe, but maybe not. I wonder if there are any really old pictures of this section of the face which would show if this Young Abe Lincoln feature existed long ago or was created within the last twenty years or so. If it shows up, and shows up clearly, on very old pictures, then that could mean it was created on purpose during the construction. If it's a patch job there would be records of when that occurred. Should give the people at the monument itself a nudge about this thread - but then it might be gone overnight!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Scenes from the movie "North by Northwest" don't help, the shadow of the eyebrow covers the area where the mini-sculpture would be. The pic used at the top of wikipedia's Mount Rushmore page seems to show the markings of this artwork, and a crack, but, like other cracks on Rushmore, that seems unrepaired. This wikipedia pic is "retouched", according to its history/credit page.

And on the gigpan pic, what is that wire that starts at the top of Lincoln's and goes down past the eye-area talked about here, and then kind of peters out. It's attached at several places, and passes an odd box-like protrusion on Lincoln's forehead.

A 1930s or '40s pic where this eye area is prominently shown would tell the tale.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've been panning around the Mount Rushmore carvings and appreciating them even more. A work of art and detail. My favorite so far has been Teddy Roosevelts spectacle, which had to be planned even before his face was fine-carved. You can see the frame on his nose and into his right eye, and even see where they pretended to put in the glass of the spectacle itself.

Still haven't found an old pic of the Abe Lincoln eye-socket to compare with the Young Abe Lincoln/Pan Lincoln sculptor discussed in this thread. An old postcard may or may not show it, this spot is quite small and a picture from the 1930s or '40s would have to be able to be detailed enough to show something there.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I dont see it, BUT

Mount Rushmore.....Who does that....?

WE DO.

In any event, this work of art is just amazing.

Makes you think.....That much dedication and hard work.......

Rocks....

edit on 18-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I've been panning around the Mount Rushmore carvings and appreciating them even more. A work of art and detail. My favorite so far has been Teddy Roosevelts spectacle, which had to be planned even before his face was fine-carved. You can see the frame on his nose and into his right eye, and even see where they pretended to put in the glass of the spectacle itself.

Still haven't found an old pic of the Abe Lincoln eye-socket to compare with the Young Abe Lincoln/Pan Lincoln sculptor discussed in this thread. An old postcard may or may not show it, this spot is quite small and a picture from the 1930s or '40s would have to be able to be detailed enough to show something there.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

So very cool! Thanks for posting this!

I don't see the "young Abe" or the "demon". thank you very much, but I do so what appears to be the beginning design of a stylized "Thunderbird."

Do you see it?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thank you. You may be looking at the wrong eye, the eye in your picture is Lincoln's left eye, check out his other one. I should have said earlier it's in his right eye-orb and not the right eye as seen in the pic.

I just saw the large Thunderbird thread a couple of days ago, some great fake pictures. Here I "see" the faint wings, head, beak etc. Thanks. And could probably find the Virgin Mary in there too, or a goldfish. The start of the thunderbird is a good one though.

The Young Abe Lincoln is pictured on page one, above the pic that's outlined as the "devil" (actually Pan before the christians got hold of the poor fellow). He looked like some of the old photos of Abe, when he had wavy and good hair and no beard, back when he was a handsome lawyer and was actually living the stories that he later told. He's facing to the left, and I can "see" his hair, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, the face, and then his collar and black tie. Pretty much the whole ball of wax is there, which is why I put this thread up wondering if the sculptors actually did this on purpose (old pictures of the area still needed). A thought: when they were figuring out how to portray Lincoln and the rest they must have gone through many photos to choose the best angles and features, so they must have had the pics I'm speaking of, the early Lincoln pics, and the area I'm talking about looks very much like some of those.

Thanks again.
edit on 23-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hey, do you have a link to that "Thunderbird" thread? I haven't seen it and can't seem to find through "Search."

I'm still having trouble finding the "Young Abe." Can you post the pic?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Hey, do you have a link to that "Thunderbird" thread? I haven't seen it and can't seem to find through "Search."

For the Abe pic go to this link, then look under the picture for the tiny pictures, and click on "Young Abe" and it will take you right there. Gigapan is sooooo cool:
gigapan.com...

And the Thunderbird link, which I put in a post on a great new thread on Ivan Sanderson's files:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!
edit on 23-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Here's another thunderbird related thread, although it includes more than that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, by looking at the same picture, it would appear that George Washington was into body art as his left brow (when zoomed in) appears to have a piercing hole.

Gigapan

Who'da thunk it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join