It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Takes Back Gold: US Dollar Collapsing

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Like Germany, hugo chavez asked for venezuala's gold back also not to long ago...
quadaffi was offed because he was going to begin minting gold denars..
much like the four US presidents who were going to creat legal real money
i wonder what happened to his gold..and Iraq's gold..and afghanistan's opium gold..

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Major wars have been fought over less. A country steals your 200 billion dollars - a good reason to attack America.. you betcha.

But this time the American citizens will help Germany win in the name of justice. No American serviceman will defend against this justified attack when ordered to by our corrupt Government. If they do they will be traitors and shot as such by the true Americans.

But what America will do is say, The Federal Reserve is not a government agency and is a private company who did not act in the best interest of the USA. I wonder is the US government can sue the Fed.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The reason is really quite boring they feel safe enough to store it themselves.

Forbes Article

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
The reason is really quite boring they feel safe enough to store it themselves.

Forbes Article

You seriously believe their spin?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have a link to an article that has a reasonable explaniation and you have ?

You have a better link

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mikell

From your article:

While they tried to minimize the importance of the move at the Bundesbank, repatriating gold is a clear indication of public loss of confidence on foreign central banks and the integrity of the monetary union.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Germany hasn’t bought or sold gold since 1973, and tried to keep its reserves “as far west as possible” during the Cold War, according to Bundesbank board member Carl-Ludwig Thiele

Cold wars over

Pick and choose a line to suit your needs

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Isn't it kind of odd how ATS goes on conspiracy lock down whenever the topic is gold, financial institutions and global finance.

Global finance is probably THE biggest conspiracy and sheeple trap EVER CREATED, yet some crazed half baked UFO fakery on youtube gets more attention.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by sonia274

Feels like hoax to me.

The original coverage from the AP indicated the total of the gold being moved from the US AND France is $36 billion, not the $200 billion from US claimed in the opening post.

Also, FXstreet shows the dollar on a bit of a rise over the past three days.

Smells like hoax from a fringe site that benefits from gold hysteria.

Yeh, I believe you are correct cause 200 billion works out to all of the gold held by the federal reserve for Germany, which is about 3400 tons. So 36 billion seems about right! Which is about 18% of the gold held!
I don't expect the feds to hand this over though. At least not all at once. These deposits of tangible assets are
some of the only financial leverage the US has on these countries!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Isn't it kind of odd how ATS goes on conspiracy lock down whenever the topic is gold, financial institutions and global finance.

Global finance is probably THE biggest conspiracy and sheeple trap EVER CREATED, yet some crazed half baked UFO fakery on youtube gets more attention.

Haha I love it! Maybe finances are just boring compared to alien fever. Now if Bruce Willis stormed in guns blazing demanding Germany's gold that would be a ratings grabber no?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They are only taking 8% home from the US and leaving 37% behind Just a business manuver
edit on 22-1-2013 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned because I didn't read all 13 pages.
The gold in Fort Knox is a fairy tale, it's been gone for years. China already knows this.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just had a terrible thought, what if our own US Government does not take away our gold but allows other countries or the UN to come in and confiscate it from us? This would be an excellent reason for them to try and disarm the good citizens before such an act.

Think about it, the people they are targeting to hand over the guns are generally good law abiding citizens, and ones that are most likely to hold physical gold, silver, platinum and the likes.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Ironically, it would probably take making the global financial conspiracy into a movie to get it any real attention, but hey would the movie makers be making a movie like that?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Just had a terrible thought, what if our own US Government does not take away our gold but allows other countries or the UN to come in and confiscate it from us? This would be an excellent reason for them to try and disarm the good citizens before such an act.

Think about it, the people they are targeting to hand over the guns are generally good law abiding citizens, and ones that are most likely to hold physical gold, silver, platinum and the likes.

That would be a huge mistake on their part. They will never get the guns!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

$220Bn is chump-change. The real worry starts when China dumps USD and decides to stop bankrolling US Debt. Then you'll hear a great sucking sound as trillions of USD evaporate. And before that (or perhaps after), OPEC will soon decide that they will no longer require USD to trade oil. Then the # really hits the fan as gas goes to $25/ga overnight.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Almijisti
reply to post by hawkiye

$220Bn is chump-change. The real worry starts when China dumps USD and decides to stop bankrolling US Debt.

And who is going to be the buyer of those dumped USD? The secondary market with sovereign debts is like a slaughterhouse, so Chinese will keep knocking on the US Treasury door until WWIII stops them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

$220Bn is chump-change. The real worry starts when China dumps USD and decides to stop bankrolling US Debt. Then you'll hear a great sucking sound as trillions of USD evaporate. And before that (or perhaps after), OPEC will soon decide that they will no longer require USD to trade oil. Then the # really hits the fan as gas goes to $25/ga overnight.

You're a little behind the curve China has already stopped bankrolling US debt. As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible. Iran has already started selling oil in yaun so it's just a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

reply to post by hawkiye

You're a little behind the curve China has already stopped bankrolling US debt. As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible. Iran has already started selling oil in yaun so it's just a matter of time.

"As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible," is a sentence with no meaning.

Show me a news article that claims on contrary to this one:
buzz.money.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tremex

"As for dumping the dollars they do have since on one else wants then they are using them to buy oil till they can get rid of as many as possible," is a sentence with no meaning.

Show me a news article that claims on contrary to this one:
buzz.money.cnn.com...

As i said behind the curve especially if you believe cnn propaganda:

greyhill.com...

online.barrons.com...

seekingalpha.com...

They may still be the largest holder but they are not buying they are selling!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join