It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something next to the sun...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight
And yes it was noticed elsewhere, like everyday, between 2:00pm CST and 3:15pm CST in Southeastern U.S.A. but only under IR
edit on 15-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

so.... completely different to what OP said

I assume you are serious with your vids,

how about a thread with some further explanation?

What you think it is and why?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

I've watched the first one and i don't know what the video is showing me? The black circle? It makes me understand the skepticism towards my post because it looks like the sun? But i'm no expert! If you can get more videos that'd be cool

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I've just spoken to my mum to make sure i haven't gone crazy. Haha.

She said it was definitely not the sun itself. But some sort of optical illusion.

Now my next question is... is such an illusion possible? If so how?

Because i'm now 100% certain it was not the physical sun itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

I saw our sun with my own eyes and it was higher and to the east and way above the roofline of the house, This is shot below the poarch of the house and it is traveling fron north to south and was seen for 5 days, at the aprox. same time before I could get all setup to record it.
edit on 15-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

Not teasing, real deal, no cg, or editing. This is all real and true raw footage.

It looks more like an overloaded SMOS sensor on a low quality cam , causing the black spot due to the brightness of the Sun .

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

The sun was no where near shinning on the camera.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

And explain the purple smoke coming from it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

reply to post by gortex

And explain the purple smoke coming from it.

How about you let us know the level of understanding you have of cameras and such and while your at it show us some evidence that might prove your claim of this sensor overload going from north to south or which ever way you claimed.

Maybe in a new thread to not derail what the OP has presented.

OP in the last few days I believe the moon has visible during the day, something to maybe look at.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrConspiracy
reply to post by Human_Alien

I've tried my best! The problem is people may think it's the sun it'self. It seemed separate from where the sun's rays were coming from... who knows.

hope this helps!
edit on 15-1-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

Assuming the photos were taken at the same time, I can see where the anomaly is placed in conjunction with the Suns' position however, it's most likely a sundog (aka; mock sun and/or phantom sun).
But hey, who knows.........!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well the poarch faces directly due south and the corner of the house is due North, the back of the camera is due east and the camera is aprox. 20 degrees wsw. All the rest I have no further answers for, I have to leave it up to you to decide, You have all the info I do, and I am speaking true. So if you want to debunk you go right ahead, after all everyone is intitled to their own opinion. Peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well the poarch faces directly due south and the corner of the house is due North, the back of the camera is due east and the camera is aprox. 20 degrees wsw. All the rest I have no further answers for, I have to leave it up to you to decide, You have all the info I do, and I am speaking true. So if you want to debunk you go right ahead, after all everyone is intitled to their own opinion. Peace be with you.

Is this in the northern hemisphere of our lovely planet? yes just re read your other post saying where

If so, it sounds about right (just by rough calculations which could be completely wrong) where the sun should be.
edit on 15-1-2013 by InhaleExhale because: answered my own question

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, All I can tell with full honesty is for a fact my house was blocking out our sun because it was to high, and this was lower. all else you already know. I also know you will look for every reason to debunk, which I do admire, it shows a questioning mind. As for me I rely on my eyes and what I see from every angle here. Believe you me, if there was a chance this was our sun I never would have posted anything.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, All I can tell with full honesty is for a fact my house was blocking out our sun because it was to high, and this was lower. all else you already know. I also know you will look for every reason to debunk, which I do admire, it shows a questioning mind. As for me I rely on my eyes and what I see from every angle here. Believe you me, if there was a chance this was our sun I never would have posted anything.

Let me know! Im sure it's nothing, but i thought i'd ask you guys

Are you looking for alternative answers or looking for the answers that only fit your theory?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by candlelight

Debunk

I don't get it,

Have you made a claim to be debunked, I see none so I asked for one and suggested you start a thread.

All I can tell with full honesty is for a fact my house was blocking out our sun because it was to high, and this was lower. all else you already know. I also know you will look for every reason to debunk,

I thought you said it was about 3 in the afternoon, its winter there is it not?

Sorry but you assuming to know about reasons I would have to debunk is just plain ignorant.

First make a claim then it can be debunked or verified.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

What's my theory?

Looking for answers that explain what i saw. I don't know if there was sarcasm there or not, it's hard to tell over the interwebs. But i'm not saying this is something incredible. But i know what i saw, and it wasn't the sun itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Its big , bright and spherical .... its the Sun

Now as you can see (i hope) that this didn't look like the sun itself?? as i could look directly at it

Because it was behind the clouds , like this...

edit on 15-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

This is EXACTLY what it is

To think otherwise would be to .... well!!

My goodness, anyone thinking this is something other than the sun is seriously deluded. Sorry Op, but you fall into this category too. Not an insult, common sense is all that's needed here.

Something Ive never done on ATS is to shout Bull, but I believe OP you know fine rightly what it is!!!

It's the Sun and lense flare

Be safe be well

Spiro
edit on 15-1-2013 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by topherman420

What's my theory?

Looking for answers that explain what i saw. I don't know if there was sarcasm there or not, it's hard to tell over the interwebs. But i'm not saying this is something incredible. But i know what i saw, and it wasn't the sun itself.

Your theory (even though not clearly stated) is a bit obvious....you think what you saw was something not natural and not the sun. Others have given you reasonable (pretty provable) alternative theories as to what it is and you are rejecting them. Now are you really going to accept other peoples logical explanations or continue to fish for the ones that fit your theory of this being more then just the sun?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
My friend,

reply to post by gortex

The sun was no where near shinning on the camera.

Of course it was, you were pointing the camera straight at it. In the image the sun is directly in front, we can see that because of the EXTREME over exposure in the sky.....around the sun!!!

LOOK >

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My friend,

What's my theory?

Looking for answers that explain what i saw

But yet you dismiss the very fact that most member are saying its the sun?

My goodness, what are you REALLY here for? To delude us? Well not me, Im into my 17th year of photography

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My friend,

This is the sun behind the cloud.

hope this helps!

It sure does

Spiro

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join