It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something next to the sun...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So, before anyone starts to say "This is a lens flare" or anything of the sort, please know that i saw this with my own eyes. And it was big!

Now, i've never been a firm believer in this sort of thing, and i'm still not. I'm oing to suggest right now that it was probably some sort of optical illusion. However, i'd like people here to take a look!

(i hope these work!) And im sorry they aren't great! iPhone cameras aren't the best

Now as you can see (i hope) that this didn't look like the sun itself?? as i could look directly at it... but maybe a reflection of it? The clouds DID cover this thing though, (i think you can see this in one of the pictures) would that happen in a reflection of sorts?

Let me know! Im sure it's nothing, but i thought i'd ask you guys

Hope this post is in the right place! I didn't know where to drop it!
edit on 15-1-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I can see the sun shaded by the clouds and the bright glare from the sun shining through the holes in the clouds, are you saying the object I'm saying is the sun is something else?

Optical illusion....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I could make a joke about "This is why you are not supposed to look at the sun. It will break your eyes."

But I wont.

It looks like flare to me, but you say you saw it with your own eyes as you looked directly at it. Or more worryingly, that you COULD look directly at it.

I don't really see anything other than flare.

Are you sure you were simply not suffering burnt googlies? From looking directly at the sun??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Haha i understand! But no, i wasn't looking directly at the sun. It was next to / near it. I'm pretty sure it was some sort of optical illusion. But not caused by my camera. I definitely saw it, as did my mother who i was with at the time. I could see it for some time after too, when i blinked. Maybe i shouldn't look even in the same direction as the sun. I was in the car when i first saw it, then stopped and took a few pictures.

It was fun to see, anyway

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I did put a "?" next to me saying it wasn't the sun. Because i understand in the picture where the cloud was covering it it does look like the sun. But i don't think so. I was looking at that object/illusion getting covered by the clouds. So i could look at it. I couldn't look directly at the sun, who can? So i'm guessing it wasn't the sun. It may be a reflection (Somehow) of the sun.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I understand if people don't believe me, but i'd like to reassure you that i DID see it with my own eyes and it is not some lens flare or camera issue. Unless mine and my mothers eyes have the same issue as the camera....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MrConspiracy

Is there anyway you can post the same posts only with a circle or an arrow around the area of interest? Because frankly, I see squat! Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I've tried my best! The problem is people may think it's the sun it'self. It seemed separate from where the sun's rays were coming from... who knows.

hope this helps!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Its big , bright and spherical .... its the Sun

Now as you can see (i hope) that this didn't look like the sun itself?? as i could look directly at it

Because it was behind the clouds , like this...

edit on 15-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
I could make a joke about "This is why you are not supposed to look at the sun. It will break your eyes."

But I wont.

It looks like flare to me, but you say you saw it with your own eyes as you looked directly at it. Or more worryingly, that you COULD look directly at it.

I don't really see anything other than flare.

Are you sure you were simply not suffering burnt googlies? From looking directly at the sun??

I have had "burnt googlies"It's a rare contion that seems to be on the rise,lol,but seriously I don't see anything in the picture but the sun,can someone please circle it for me?

Btw,I never thought I would think this sentence ever in my life,
but why do I want to make out with your avatar?
I've never knew Dr.Einstien was soooo good looking!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I don't expect you to believe me, i understand! But i'm pretty certain it was separate from the sun. I'd know if i was looking at the sun, my eyes would know too.... IF it happens to have been the sun, it's the first time i've ever been able to look directly at it, and see it's full shape with my own eyes.

The clouds were not always there, i'll have a quick look through my pictures. I couldn't get many good pictures of it i'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ok, ok i see how this is going to go. It looks like the sun, so i won't be able to defend myself. But i know i could look directly at. I'm absolutely gutted i didn't have time to get any better pictures of it.

As far as i'm aware, it wasn't the sun. It was probably a reflection of sorts, but it wasn't the sun it'self. It was fully circular and next to where the sun's glare was coming from. So that would suggest to me, it's not the sun? But again, i know it's hard to believe and the pictures look like the sun. So what can i do? Hahaha, thanks guys.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If this wasn't the Sun where was the Sun at the time ?
What time of day did you see this and where in the sky would the Sun normally be at that time ?

The problem is it does look like the Sun , and if it wasn't surely someone else must have noticed it ... any other reports from your area ?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Look at what I picked up under IR in the daylight, the explaination on part #1 explains itself: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
And yes it was noticed elsewhere, like everyday, between 2:00pm CST and 3:15pm CST in Southeastern U.S.A. but only under IR
edit on 15-1-2013 by candlelight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Interesting you say that, i was thinking the same thing as i went in to the supermarket car park and nobody else was looking at it. And there's nerdy old me, with my camera out with little to no shame.

It was around/just before 3pm i'd say. It was not giving off any sort of light really. It was like looking at a dull moon. Which is what my first thought was, "what's the moon doing there" haha. I don't know what it was, if it was the sun, it's the strangest looking sun i or my mother have seen.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by candlelight
Look at what I picked up under IR in the daylight, the explaination on part #1 explains itself: www.youtube.com...

You joker you, stop teasing

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Just watch the videos and you tell me what you think: www.youtube.com... Make sure you read on part 1 ok.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Not teasing, real deal, no cg, or editing. This is all real and true raw footage.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

As soon as the cloud cover clears I am hoping to catch it again, and when I do I will post to the same page.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join