It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong ADMITS to doping on Oprah.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Now that he's come out as a liar and a cheat (a one-two punch to the solar plexus of the sport) he has harmed the sport in just about the same degree that he carried it to new heights.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

192 Banned Performance Enhancing Substances and Methods

Ever look at the crazy list of stuff that ALL of it can ban a person...screw the sport... if they want someone they can get ANYONE in the sport...

You can smoke pot in Basketball and in Washington state, but not cycling as example....

edit on 14-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Epo seems to be indicated, but it appears he was on a number of substances in addition to that.

It is strange how the most tested athlete in ANY sport could not show positive... Makes me really wonder...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

It is strange how the most tested athlete in ANY sport could not show positive... Makes me really wonder...

His former teammates have done some interviews explaining how it was done. Either way it's not skin off my back and I have no dog in this fight. If he said he did it perhaps you should just take him at his word.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

"Under the World Anti-Doping Code, athletes can receive up to a 75 percent reduction of a ban if they provide substantial assistance to antidoping authorities in building cases against other cheats. For his ban to be reduced, though, Armstrong will have to give information about the people who helped him in his doping."

NY Times

This whole thing reminds me of the Salem witch trials and McCarthyism. Congress spends way too much on PEDs and don't worry about the real issues.

"In 2005 Congress spent 151 days in session. They spent 8 of those days debating steroids in sports. That’s more time then they spent on national healthcare, why the levees broke in New Orleans and more than ending the war in Iraq. Apparently Congress takes this national pastime pretty seriously."

– Christopher Bell, director of Bigger, Faster, Stronger
edit on 14-1-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
When you look at what it did for him I don’t blame him and my only real question is why we aren’t all on what he had.

Sure...why don't we all. Do you want testicular cancer at 30?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i can't believe he humiliated himself so much to be judged by oprah, another hypocrite of the highest magnitude.

edit on 14-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Yup! Pretty low to have to confess to Oprah of all people.

I don't get why people get worked up to defend the guy. Blood transfusions, HGH, steroids, all to win a bicycle race? Left his wife and kids to hang with celebs?

Real cool guy. IMO

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

Originally posted by Grimpachi
When you look at what it did for him I don’t blame him and my only real question is why we aren’t all on what he had.

Sure...why don't we all. Do you want testicular cancer at 30?

Got any evidence or proof AAS cause cancer?
edit on 14-1-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Nope. No evidence. I didn't have evidence to prove Armstrong was doping for me to know he was though.

Common sense.

You can condone this crap all you want but for athletes to have no 'choice' but to use external enhancements as a shortcut, rather than standard hard work and training, it isn't right or fair.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Laxpla

Nope. No evidence. I didn't have evidence to prove Armstrong was doping for me to know he was though.

Common sense.

You can condone this crap all you want but for athletes to have no 'choice' but to use external enhancements as a shortcut, rather than standard hard work and training, it isn't right or fair.

Wow, psychic over here you knew that Lance was doping. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that he was taking performance enhancers, along with the majority of cyclists/athletes. So your evidence is that you guessed that Lance was doping, and your hypothesis of AAS causing cancer must be true too. I like that common sense!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

Yeah. Psychic.

Weren't you the one defending WWF wrestlers and asking for PROOF that either

a) they were taking them or

b) that their use contributed to the majority of the early deaths of MANY wrestlers.

I can rattle a list of them that died way too early to deemed coincidental but I'll end here and suggest you get off the juice.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Laxpla

Yeah. Psychic.

Weren't you the one defending WWF wrestlers and asking for PROOF that either

a) they were taking them or

b) that their use contributed to the majority of the early deaths of MANY wrestlers.

I can rattle a list of them that died way too early to deemed coincidental but I'll end here and suggest you get off the juice.

Yes, you like to go back through my Posts in my profile I see to better prepare your argument
You can try and save face and throw in a topic which is actually irreverent since I proved you wrong, but you're more than welcome to state what you need I know you want too.

I think there is a misconception in what you read in my posts, I never said the WWF is clean, no way in hell. The Rock admitted to it before so did the Hulk taking them for 14 years. I take it they dropped dead too eh? You must factor in, that the WWF lifestyle of alcohol, coke, downers, sleeping pills, pain killers, accelerants = early death and have a MAJOR toll on a body more harmful than steroids. Just look at Kevin Nash. And WWF wrestlers tend to ABUSE steroids using them year round and not cycling them while taking large amounts, abuse anything and you will have side effects, that goes for anything am I correct? The majority of deaths reported by the media that said were caused by steroids, which is just plain wrong. I'm sure you googled enough already to see that autopsy reports and medical examiners disprove that steroids were the cause of deaths of many.

To say AAS were the definite cause when you have those other things contributing is just ignorant. I mean don't get me wrong steroids cause side effects but used safely they are actually very safe. According to the CDC only 3 people die a year (I'm sure you read this before when you were stalking my posts) and that could be from anything, dirty gear, inject into a vain, taking the wrong amount, abusing, etc. Comparing that to tobacco and alcohol, I think we both know can agree on that it is not as harmful as you think, doctors wouldn't be prescribing test and HGH to patients would they?

While you have already prepared your response already I bet, I've studied steroids for 8 years but I'm glad to try and answer any questions you need and common misconceptions you have.

Note:

According to a study in Circulation (July 2, 2012), people who eat fast foods: • ONCE a week increase risk for dying of heart attacks by 20 percent; • 2-3 TIMES a week increase risk by 50 percent; • 4+ TIMES a week increase risk by more than 80 percent, and increase risk for diabetes by 27 percent.

Does this mean me ban fast food and sue God? Things cause heart disease, but you can't link steroids to be the DIRECT cause of a single death. You also know that Low Testoerone causes heart disease, so thats why when you are older (30-40) you should see a doctor and get prescribed steroids to go on TRT. You will be under medical supervision of a doc.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Laxpla because: Spelling and extra note

edit on 15-1-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I wonder what he would have accomplished if he hadn't used these drugs, and we now have to wonder if he would have been able to even peddle up one of those gigantic mountain stages, let alone win the tour.

He would have still done the tour, he might not have won though. Doping doesn't turn them into super men, it's just another slight edge on the competition, and if everyone is doing it you have no choice.

Professional cycling is extremely competitive, and teams will go to great lengths just to get the slightest gains.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why do I wear the type of shoes I like to wear? Part my hair a certain way? Use one word instead of another either in speaking or writing? Either I'm copying some long ago fad or friend, or I'm emulating some politician I liked as a child, etc.

That's what I find strange.

I wear the type of shoes with which I am comfortable with, I part my hair in the same I always did and I use the my own words, I don't see why people need to copy someone else or treat them like semi-gods, but maybe that's because I'm an atheist.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
A cheat and a liar

What a guy.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So he doped? Who really cares? Aren't we used to such corruption by now? Isn't that typically human?

Morality in man is the exception not the rule.

Move on. Nothing to see here.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't care much about cycling, but I do hope he loses everything.
Come on, how many times can you look in the camera and say "no, I never cheated"

Now, because you finally decide to come clean, what? Everyone is just suppose to forgive you?
He should be banned from competing in anything to do with a bike. No comeback for you.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

Isn't that the problem? Just get over it?
He should be made an example of.

Oh, that's right, he's still a celebrity.
Cheating, lying, b*(***:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
People take this competition thing too seriously. I think it's a joke really. He duped all of you.

When is the world going to wake up? Nothing matters.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anyone wonder why the runner ups weren't given the Tour De Frace title?

Because they were doping too.

If everyone is doping, than no one has an edge. The whole thing is overblown.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I tend to agree. Lance is getting the most attention because of his celebrity status otherwise I don't really see the fuss. Everyone else did it so why yell at him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join