It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong ADMITS to doping on Oprah.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- A person familiar with the situation says Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France.

ca.sports.yahoo.com...

From interviews with his team mates, about how they obtained and bypassed tests, told over a large doping underworld. Best doper wins?

He inspired many, rejuvinated the sport. It's just his Cancer research foundation that will take a hit harder than his ego.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, I think most people really knew this.At least he manned up and admitted it.

He has an ulterior motive though, he always does. Somehow, he will make a buck off it.

Perhaps a book deal.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Poor lil feller just cant handle it that he is irrelevant now.
Jaysus.... the ego on some of these people.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I half-expected him to deny it again. Did Oprah confess that she used performance enhancing drugs as well? How else do you explain her magazine covers, where she's been the cover girl since its inception. Anyway, Lance has hurt both professional racing and the pleasure of people riding their bikes around dressed in tight clothes and helmets. I wonder what he would have accomplished if he hadn't used these drugs, and we now have to wonder if he would have been able to even peddle up one of those gigantic mountain stages, let alone win the tour.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Time for the doping olympics

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
When you look at what it did for him I don’t blame him and my only real question is why we aren’t all on what he had.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the crime of the century, he cheated in a bicycle race. stop the world, lets focus all of humanities resources so this never happens again.

i can't believe he humiliated himself so much to be judged by oprah, another hypocrite of the highest magnitude.

they should just rename the episode, "all about me" and get it over with.

this ranks up there with pirating dvds and filming movies with a camcorder in a theatre in turns of infamy.

now he can be forgiven. he appeared on oprah. now soccer moms around the world can pass judgement and forgive him.

someone should tell these massive douchebags that they aren't the centre of the universe.

edit on 14-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I know he was lieing, I got bashed on youtube and facebook last year but I knew it. "How could he be doping? Hes such a faaast bicycle rider!" lol
Now hes both a cheater and a liar.
I wouldnt doubt some corporation(s) were backing him on it too, they'll prolly get off fine though as they didnt dope but they made tons of cash off of their "star."
edit on 14-1-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

No, that is the magic of photoshop. Oprah hasn't been able to lose any weight since the last time she dropped pounds and got down to a size 8. I'm not sure why she even bothers are she's a freaking billionaire anyway and personally I think she looks a bit better with some weight on her.

Onto Armstrong, I wonder if all the people he destroyed for saying he was doping will be able to sue and get some money now.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I couldn't care less about the guy but he is a cheater and made millions in endorcement fees after his wins, not to mention the money the government (and others) forked out in his sponsorship.

He should be sued up the wingwang for his crimes in the sport, the olympics, sponsors and affiliates.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Aleister
Anyway, Lance has hurt both professional racing and the pleasure of people riding their bikes around dressed in tight clothes and helmets.

Is it just me or does that sentence sound a little strange?

That's the problem of people that need an example to follow, if they acted on their own they wouldn't need anyone to use as a model.

Unfortunately, most people really do an example to be able to get out of bed in the morning...

I wonder what he would have accomplished if he hadn't used these drugs, and we now have to wonder if he would have been able to even peddle up one of those gigantic mountain stages, let alone win the tour.

We would probably be another average (for a top class professional) cyclist, like many others that work as much as he did.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It was probably, either he admitted it or faced being charged as a child molester/pedophile. That's what happens, when you play ball with the big boys. They ALWAYS win!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They need to call it Performance Enhancing Drugs... it's not steroids, so they need to give it a generic name. I think it was HGH, but not 100% sure, which BTW is neither...The point here is this is not some big steroids case as we have seen in EVERY other situation of athletes using drugs...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I thought it was blood doping? I think that is EPO generally.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
We would probably be another average (for a top class professional) cyclist, like many others that work as much as he did.

Well they say he is a freak of nature as to how efficient his body processes oxygen, it is also said he has the perfect body size to strength ratio for a cyclist. Performance enhancing drugs...so just what was it...wasn't steroids and it is said they would need to go 50th place to find a cyclist that didn't use something non-steroid that was on "The List"

So someone explain to me just what was it that he so abused to get his victories...

edit on 14-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Xtrozero

I thought it was blood doping? I think that is EPO generally.

I don't think so...they test for that right after the race and so it could not have been that...BTW that is not a drug though going up in the mountains for a few weeks does the same thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
From all I have read, like 80% of the guys in the sport do EPO and blood doping is the norm. These guys just did it the best, I assume.

As for Armstrong, the guy is a human being. Human beings are pretty much capable of anything. This is far from the worst thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

We all have hundreds if not thousands of role models, almost all of them people we have no conscious memory of. Why do I wear the type of shoes I like to wear? Part my hair a certain way? Use one word instead of another either in speaking or writing? Either I'm copying some long ago fad or friend, or I'm emulating some politician I liked as a child, etc. Then some people are giants in our lives and we know almost exactly had they've influenced us. For lots of people who bike for exercise Lance Armstrong was a role-model and a hero, a bigger than life record-breaker (7 Tour de'France wins!), who's bike model you could buy for $6,000 and Ride the Winds Like Lance from that day forward. Now that he's come out as a liar and a cheat (a one-two punch to the solar plexus of the sport) he has harmed the sport in just about the same degree that he carried it to new heights.

edit on 14-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I don't think so...they test for that right after the race and so it could not have been that...BTW that is not a drug though going up in the mountains for a few weeks does the same thing.

No, I'm pretty sure I'm right.
article

The report painted cancer-survivor Armstrong as a brazen, merciless cheater who supplemented testosterone use with banned blood-doping practices.

It says blood doping and most of the people he destroyed for saying he was doping alleged that he was blood doping.

www.nytimes.com...

Epo seems to be indicated, but it appears he was on a number of substances in addition to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join