It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Survivors Chronicles

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
TA or shall we call you Scott, congratulations on your accomplishment, and what interests me is how many chapters did you write to complete your book after allowing us all the sneak preview of your masterpiece?
Was the process of getting it onto Kindle and Smashwords a difficult one?
i think it would be nice if those who have read and enjoyed TA's work should sign on to one of his links for the finished product and give a review, i will be doing so. Thanks TA...

edit on 11/26/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Thanks!

These are short chapters, but a lot of them. There are 67 Chapters to be exact, but only 59 are in the actual book for sale. The others have to be obtained directly through me.

Yes, it was a bit complicated to get it onto both Kindle and Smashwords. They both require different source documents- Kindle needs an Html file, while Smashwords wants a .doc. It is a must for authors to read the formatting requirements for each site. And I am finding out that the printed hard copy version is going to take yet another, print ready PDF version with the number of pages carefully calculated to define the spine size of the paperback cover. So yeah, I am still in formatting hell, but at least seeing the light on the other side. I will be done soon- hopefully.
edit on Wed Nov 26th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Just a note to anyone who may have tried to contact me via U2U on this:

I am not getting U2U's at the moment, and haven't been for a while it seems. So if anyone wants to contact me, best use my email address of [email protected]

About 4 days ago I had two messages appear all of a sudden in my inbox. But they were over a month old. So there is some problem. Don't know what.

In the meantime, the book has been accepted for the Smashwords Premium catalog, which now means it will get distributed to most of the major book retailers. Should be there to all of them soon:

Once your book is accepted into the Premium Catalog, we automatically distribute it to major online retailers such as Apple (distribution to iBooks stores in 51 countries), Barnes & Noble (US and UK), Scribd, Oyster, Kobo, OverDrive (world's largest library ebook platform serving 20,000+ libraries), Flipkart (New September 29, 2013: India's largest online bookseller), Baker & Taylor (Blio and the Axis360 library service), Page Foundry (operates retail sites Inktera.com and Versent.com; and operates Android ebook store apps for Cricket Wireless and Asus), and other distribution outlets coming soon. Additionally, Kobo powers the ebook stores of multiple ebook retailers around the world.

www.smashwords.com...

Thought I'd see a small spike in sales honestly after posting here, but that hasn't happened. Kinda curious why not. I guess most people here don't use MY ATS? Or...what? Maybe I just took too damn long to finish the book. Lol, dunno.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Bizarre. For some strange reason, the book is selling more in the UK than anywhere- and at this point it is available all over. In fact, a few more sales in the UK and it will break into the top 100 in its sub genre. Pretty darn cool.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I just read this thread for the first time tonight. Great story. I think a lot of members come and go, cyclically even. It's the holiday week and many are busy, out of town, have company, shopping etc. Next week, maybe a bump in your thread will get it out there to everyone's attention. Also, get rid of your signature and put in it's place a reference to your story and a link (to your website where people can read how to order, price info etc.) to read the rest of your great story. I think part of the problem here on ATS is T&C, no soliciting and such. I will purchase your book so I hope your website makes it easy to do so. Good luck.

edit on 29-11-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

All of that info is already in the thread. And the links in my sig give you a link here to this thread, which is where this book got started, as well direct links to Amazon and Smashwords where you can now get the book. I asked for permission to do this from an ATS site owner, which is what you have to do according to the ATS T&C. I was told there was going to be an announcement about it when the book is complete. I haven't seen that yet, but SO is busy and I am just grateful to have this platform to get the story out there, so not complaining. If he gets to it great, if not that's fine too.

The website is a longer term project. I have already had at least one request for a printed paperback version, so I am working on that. But thanks much for the compliments and glad you liked what you have read so far. There are so many more surprises awaiting the reader in the book!
edit on Sat Nov 29th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I just ordered it off Amazon for kindle. I don't have a kindle and wasn't aware there was an app available for my PC so I got double good tonight. Can't wait to get started. I'll re-read the beginning.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thanks, and hope you enjoy the rest!

I am glad you mentioned that about the Kindle reading app for PC. Here is the direct link to download it, and it works real well!

Kindle For PC
edit on Sat Nov 29th 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Thanks, and hope you enjoy the rest!

I am glad you mentioned that about the Kindle reading app for PC. Here is the direct link to download it, and it works real well!

Kindle For PC

At the Amazon site for your book, there also is a link which you just click on and then click run! Too easy.

Boy TA, I just finished chapter 38 and all I can say is WOW, never saw that coming. The read is great, lots of twists and turns to keep it interesting and the story flows well. Fantastic!!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah man! That's what I'm talking about!

Nice to finally get a comment from someone's who's really in it, and starting to see the fricken work I put into this thing! Chapter 38 is probably my favorite one for sure. But the twists and turns don't stop there.

And I so much appreciate the WAY you commented, too- without telling everyone what the heck happened. Please people, if you can, keep the comments much like that. Let's not give away the farm just yet please, k?

Also, I will absolutely NOT discuss any aspect of the "missing" chapters on this thread, period. For that, direct contact with me via email is necessary.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just downloaded the book from Amazon this morning so I could continue reading the story. I don't think I'll be going to bed til I've finished the book; it's that good!

I'm so glad you finally finished it and got it published! And just in time for the holidays!

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thanks much, nugget! Lol, was hoping not to cause anyone loss of sleep, but I must admit, there were times when I got on rolls writing it that I did incur many a night of lost sleep or no sleep at all. I think Chapter 38 might have been one of those no sleep at all nights. And I paid dearly the next days at work.

Still working on getting the formatting right for the print version.
Ugh. What a pain. But I shall persist!

Sales are steady, and had a couple decent reviews at Amazon- one 5-star, and one 4-star. And this is with virtually no promotion. Who knows where we go from here. Ideas of where I can promo this book, at the right target audience, would be surely appreciated! The good reviews help, so always appreciate those if you have read it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Yes, yes, YES!!!!
Awesome...congratulations!!!!!

I just saw your post on Quake Watch,
& the change in your signature jumped up & smacked me!

I'm so excited for you!
And we were there for the labor pains, so to speak!

I can't wait to read all of it!!!
I'm not going to want to do anything else but read, until I finish it!!!

Take a big bow, you sure deserve it!!!
WOQ

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just finished reading. The story kept getting better and better with each page, I didn't want it to end! Thanks for a great read. You kept it real, personal and lively with constant surprises. Well Done.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Cool man, I think you might be one of the first to finish it, and you certainly devoured that thing! I kind of didn't want it to end either, but at some point I had to get out and leave room for another- maybe a sequel. Thank you once again, and so do you think this would make a good movie, or even- video game?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm an avid reader when I get my hands on something I like. And I really meant it, I could hardly put it down. Also, one of my first thoughts after finishing was, this could easily have a sequel. Look forward to it if you can do it in the future.

I'm not a gamer so I couldn't answer that. A movie, sure, lots of action, good story line, all the traits are there. It might take a few years to get your book out their and well read. Aren't there screen writers you could send your story to for review? Maybe a SciFi flick?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I have no idea. There probably are, but I am a newbie at this, so I don't know. But I do know it would take one hell of a special efx person to pull off the sheer scale of that wave coming into the mountain in a movie.

More sales today on Amazon I can report, and a couple more 5-star reviews. I got down into the 50,000 range for a while there of Amazon top sellers. Not bad considering I started somewhere in the 480,000 range just last week. But it is constantly changing. The reviews are helping I think. Not much movement on Smashwords, just sold a few there so far. It's fun though, and the most fun is interacting with the readers!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice writing and thanks for the story! I knocked it out in about a day. Had me waiting forever to get the whole book....but it was well worth it. I randomly checked back into this thread to see if there were any developments regarding the release of your book and it coincided nicely....didn't hesitate to pull the trigger and make the purchase. Based on the quality and novelty of your writing, I look forward to supporting any future work or publication in the future.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just downloaded the book from Amazon. Can't wait to dig in and read the whole thing. Best of luck with this success, and any future books! ATS should put an ad permanently in the sidebar to your book, and then add new ones as they become available. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks balanc3 and retiredTxn for getting the book, and hope you enjoyed it! Never know what awaits us still in the secret base.

Or rather, should I say, awaits them! Cause they touch Jan and Terry and there's gonna be hell to pay!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join