It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Survivors Chronicles

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well you asked for it, and so now you've got it.

The printed paperback book is now available at the following link:

www.createspace.com...

Sorry for the higher price, but as you might expect, production costs for custom, on demand printed books run high. At least it provides a way for those that wanted a real book to obtain one in print now!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Let me be one of the first to congradulate you on your achivement I'm so looking forward to rereading it again but this time as a whole. Thanks TA reply to: TrueAmerican

Cheers Ian
edit on 5/12/2014 by etrex66 because: no reason

edit on 5/12/2014 by etrex66 because: no reason

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: etrex66

Thank you so much for getting the book, and hope you enjoy!

I suppose I should mention that since now I have had two orders for autographed printed copies, I guess I am offering that now as a separate service as well! To obtain an autographed copy, please contact me at my email address of [email protected] for details. Once again, thank you all so much for your support, and thanks a million to those who have ordered the book in any form!

At this time USA orders have overtaken UK orders, and even had a couple orders from Australia. Kinda cool!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Frandawg143
wow did not write this entry not my style got hacked kool

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Awesome news True American.

As promised earlier in the thread, I have just purchased the Kindle version. I hope to get a chance to read it sometime in the next few weeks but I wanted to make sure that you get some more support.

I am some form of designer by trade and would be happy to help you out with a cover if you would like.

Good luck with the sales.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Congrats on such a huge accomplishment! I finally completed my trilogy and have had it out for awhile now. Message me if you want any tips!

Good luck!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
About damn time!
Just kidding, I'll be purchasing my copy after the new year, the holidays broke my debit card lol
Congrats are DEFINATELY in order!!!
By the way, the wave over the mountain? Would be VERY easy in cgi

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Okay I broke down after my last post and bought the book, and just finished reading it...WOW!!!
I didnt expect to find what the cause of the event was, but I as thinking along some of the same lines...
All I wanna know is: What happened to that aide???

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Lol, so you read my entire book in less than FIVE HOURS? Are you serious? I guess it couldn't have been that bad then? Thanks for getting it.

Oh, and the aide? You don't wanna know, trust me. I summoned the darkest demons and did despicable things in a rage against the machine.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hey True American, Always loved your threads since 2007, this one I especially like.
I love your writing, its free flowing, not overly wordy, and can stand on its on in a realistic and casual way without the stilting others on amazon have.

But, in all honesty, the cover sucks.............The covers are the vestments of a good story. You don't dress a king in rags brother. You need to fix that, as a pro Graphic Artist of more than 15 years please believe me. Covers sell books partner. Don't settle for less please.

Also, please don't take this as negative criticism in any way, your story is great, really and finally what I have been looking for when I search apocalyptic fiction on amazon.
thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Dude, I read like a MACHINE I love reading, hae like 600-700 books on my ipad

Your writing style is easy to read, its fast paced and flows, like someone else said
edit on 12/10/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

I will agree with him 100%, There have been a few books Ive picked because of the cover, and loved them
Had I not known you, and saw the cover first, I probably would have passed it over

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

lol, didn't Mama teach you never to judge a book by its cover?

And yet, of course I know great covers sell books. But I don't have the money to pay someone to make a cover for it. Because knowing me, I'd have to spend way too much on it to be totally satisfied. It has to convey a vicious, death-dealing wave over a mile high, with realistic looking meteors crashing down. And I want it to be from the actual mountain in the book- which at least that picture currently is from. I dunno, I might concede that last detail, but the wave and the meteors gotta be first rate. I challenge you to try it yourself. Use photoshop, illustrator, a 3D animation program, or whatever you want. If someone does come up with something totally pro, I might could work something out to use it.

It's interesting that despite the cover, the book is still selling. I guess my readers learned to listen to Mama.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I agree, again, don't misunderstand your story is first rate in my opinion, and not only that appeals to something I have a high fascination with.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Oh believe me, no offense taken whatsoever. I know that cover is just a placeholder for now. So if everyone is saying it's a great story, then if I had a great cover as well then...? Seems to me we'd have a winner. So why doesn't someone step up and make one? That cover a bit too much for you as a pro graphic artist? Why don't you try it? I know it's hard. Three have tried already and failed. The sheer scale of the wave is the hard part.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna tinker around with it after next week, got a weeklong break from school coming up. U2U me all the details you want on the cover.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I finished the book in one sitting, great read.

What an accomplishment, TrueAmerican.

Anyone think we should start a discussion on the story in another thread. That way we can avoid spoilers and have a chat about what we thought without spoiling the story for everyone else.

For the price of a cup of coffee, it is some of the best money I have spent.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Hi again,

I don't think the cover needs to be literal. A huge wave on page, or screen, just isn't going to look impressive, intimidating or scary. Even with meteors on it.

I have some ideas, but would rather discuss privately. So message me if you like.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Homer and ApeMan,

I am always interested in hearing ideas. The cover as it stands is close to what I want. It just needs to be done better.

But maybe since you guys have read the book now, there could be other options I hadn't considered that might be more enticing. Note that I don't want to give away the cause of the event on the cover- even though yeah, that could be a spectacular shot. But it would ruin it. Honestly I would be thrilled with pretty much exactly what's already there, except just more realistic.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Wow, just received the first two printed books to fill a couple of autographed copy orders. Finished in glossy, I must say they look pretty nice. Even the cover isn't that bad. Amazing how fast all this can happen once all the files are correct.

Sort of a first and only moment- looking at your first book in print, as a real book, for the very first time. Pretty cool. Maybe you authors can appreciate that. Too bad I gotta sign em and send em.

Lol, maybe I will order another one just for me.
Didn't think they'd look that nice.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join