It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Dynamics - theory of everything!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ok people, I doubt any of you know about this theory. This theory is so wide, that it could be placed in like 10 forums on ATS - excuse me if I chooce the wrong forum.

The Theory of "Random Dynamics" was created by Holger Bech Fritz Nielsen. It is a theory of everything, from the big bang and into the future, the only problem about the theory is that the complexity is so extreme that we most likely wont ever be able to explain it in details without some kind of assisting technology.

Holger Bech Nielsen is a highly revered theoretical professor in highenergy physics and was one of the original contributers and fathers of string theory. However he call himself a bad father, because he dont really believe in strings himself, instead he has developed another theory about the complexity and coalations between actions (an action is an occurence in time/space). Holger is one of the most revered physicist of highenergy physics and is highly intelligent 180-200 IQ. Holger suffers from autism and got asperger-syndrome, he can barely dress himself, but is able to explain most physics and mathematics and see coalations between equations most people miss inspite of this....he's unique.

The guiding principle of the universe is symmetry, in the sense that all natural laws are symmetry laws. Another guiding principle is simplicity. That does however not imply that Nature itself is "simple" at a fundamental scale, on the contrary: More degrees of liberty conduces to complication to such extreme that it is ... random. Random means complicated.

Dynamics approach the natural laws are expected to get more complicated at higher energy. It is only by the formulation "the fundamental world machinery is essentially random" that the Random Dynamics model is simple. If one would formulate the details of the "laws", it would be exceedingly complicated! The ambition of Random Dynamics is to "derive" all the known physical laws as an unavoidable consequence of a random fundamental "world machinery".
Symmetry, Simplicity and Random Dynamics

Holger use he's ideas to get closer to the instant of the "big bang", he use it to explain the possebility of a god in quotations, he use it to explain the exansion of space, black holes and much more. Even if I could, the theories are a bit to complex for me to even try to explain it in details in an ATS thread, but the very basics is something like this...."everything" started around the time of the big bang with the very first action, since then every action or part of an action is dictated by previous actions in a string of events (almost like an algorithm). In this way every occurence happening today could be tracked back in time. What Holger tries to do with the theory is explaining our complex universe and world with the level of complexity we have reached since the initial starting point "the first action".

For those who want to know about Random Dynamics I suggest you start with these videos. The first one is more like an introduction to Holger, strings and Random dynamics. The following 6 youtube clips is an interview where Holger talks about the LHC, quark's, black holes but not least random dynamics. He gets the time to introduce this theory deep enough for people to get a chance to grasp what this theory really is about.

vimeo.com...

(It is such a shame he's 10 minute talk about timetravel never has been translated, because that clip really shows how close a genius sometimes can be to a madman).

edit on 14-1-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Ugh. Videos. I'm on dial-up.

Looks fun nevertheless.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Maybe this link is helpfull, it is part of Holgers website with some explanations to Random dynamics.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Holger Bech Nielsen is a classic case of a good (but not outstanding) physicist who turns into a total fruit & nutcase as his status and self-importance overpowers his ego. Witness his theory (now discredited by the highly probable discovery last year at CERN of the Higgs particle) that the bad luck experienced by LHC a year or two ago might be due to God not wanting us to discover the Higgs particle and sabotaging the LHC by arranging for the Higgs particle to send a signal back in time to cause the machine damage! No one took him seriously then (although it made the usual predictable headlines in science blogs that sounded the deathknell of his scientific credibility) and no one should take ANYTHING he says seriously now. Having your work published in physics journals does not guarantee your sanity and mean that you cannot still be a crank on all manner of subjects under the sun. Just remember that......

From a theoretical physicist who has been there and seen it all.
edit on 14-1-2013 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

You are right that they may have created Higgs particles, but that doesnt kill this theory. If LHC suddenly on a rutinely base creates many Higgs, your right then he might have to go back to the strings or something else that he himself dont like any more. Your wrong if you think he is some kind of average physician, such people useually dont contribute with original work, with the complexity of stringtheory but also on stuff like the Nielsen-Olsen vortex among others.

but...

I would say your partly right about he's current credibility. In multiple interview on Danish TV he indepth explain theories that he himself dont believe but often there is a secret/hidden message when he do that. Now...hidden message does not really match the average physicist, neither does talking about theoretical physics, that is so unlikely to be true that he himself is a disbeliever, again I would like to refere you to string theory. He as most/many other scientists dont believe in strings these days, even thou it used to be a hot issue and is very well explained mathematicaly. The random dynamics build on a simpler base-equation than strings, seen in that perspective I wouldn't instantly dismiss what Holger says. Again i have to stress, that he isen't saying this is the true theory to everything, he says, currently it is the best theory, but that we might very well prove it wrong within a few years if we continously create Higgs particles in the LHC and can prove these creations.

....There is a huge diffrence in referring other peoples work and making your own from scratch, especially in a field like this.....

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

top topics

join