It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians Own As Many Firearms As In 1996: Study

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I checked it out. Do you realize half that crap is not even used the world over? For instance Vegemite. I never heard of it till I went to Australia. Your country has no claim to fame as far as inventions maybe the refrigerator but you obviously have missed the point.

I made this same statement in another Aussie thread but the best they came up with was underwater torpedo. There was above water torpedoes long before but this is the closest to original as anyone came.

My claim stands as it was intended.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

OK, so your opinion is officially nonsense to me now. Have fun with your little fantasy land, I'll return to the real world now. Cheerio

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Nice deflection. Same as you admitting defeat.

To be honest I was really surprised when I first tried to find if Australia had a claim to fame by an inventor for inventions. You guys need to find some originality.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Defeat? In the face of such ludicrous comments and lies I see no other option but to back away slowly, bid you farewell and leave you to salivate over your fantasies. I can't argue with lunacy sorry.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

OK, so your opinion is officially nonsense to me now. Have fun with your little fantasy land, I'll return to the real world now. Cheerio

Here is a quote I think you hold near and dear.

"It's not denial.I'm just selective about the reality I accept."
edit on 14-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good to see the thread has devolved from an intelligent debate to mockery and insults on behalf of the gun advocate crowd. This is not particularly surprising to me any more seeing as it is a tactic the gun advocate crowd use regularly in threads on ATS.

This is not a thread I wish to be part of any longer, I may return if sanity does but until then I'm out.

edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Have a nice day and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Anyone remember the Forest Gump movie with the smiley face? I know it was just a movie but couldn’t they have even come up with a good bumper sticker?
BTW vegemite is the worst stuff I have ever tried to eat on toast. It is kind of like a beef bouillon paste. I had seen them eating it on toast and I thought it would be sweet from the looks. It is kind of like taking a drink of something with one taste in mind and being totally surprised unpleasantly I will add.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Im Australian and i support the freedom America has.

This country is a joke/slave country.
Owning a damn paintball gun or air soft gun requires a gun license, life review.
Have a speeding ticket and you'll get rejected from a license because your a 'criminal'.

If you manage to get one, and bring it out in public in any circumstance, your are convicted under "intent with a semi automatic weapon"
They are toys, not weapons of mass destruction.

I do think they're should be some kind of limitation to the availability of guns, as they are weapons of death. BUT not to the extent of Australia.
After all, how many countries own weapons and have the same amount of deaths as Australia?
Quite a few...

Its not the fact America has guns, its the culture/morals.

Yes guns in Australia are regulated.
If i want to go kill a 20 or so people, all i have to do is contact a local motorcycle group and get an illegal gun.
Easy as that.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

G'Day Mate. Oh God I can't quit laughing

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Me and my mate had access to a range of guns when we were in our teens. His dad would just throw them on top of his cupboard. The only one we ever went for was the air rifle.. Not because it was the most fun, because it was the quietest out of the lot and getting in trouble was something to be feared back in the day. Gun laws are stupid
People are the problem.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Gun laws are stupid
People are the problem.

quoted for truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think you will find that since the gun buyback and banning of semi automatic weapons in Australia there have been zero mass shootings. Before the ban there were quite a few.

I think the reason that people from other countries would like to see some better gun laws in the US is because we are sick of seeing things like sandy hook happen.
You have to ask yourself, if Adam Lana didn't have access to the AR15, would so many kids/people be dead?

By the way the ignorance about Australia is startling, I know from experience that a lot of Americans don't even know where Australia is, but I thought this had changed with the internet and all. But it appears most Americans are still only interested in their own country, despite their worsening economy and how most other countries see then in a negative light. Ignorance is Bliss

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

Type of weapons aside, Henry.

Do you think there is anything wrong with to own say.. a hand gun for protection?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by Kryties

When I imagine you laughing in my head, you look and sound like a redneck hillbilly.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

When I imagine you laughing in my head, you look and sound like a redneck hillbilly.

Silly boy,thats a badge of honor!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I forgot to mention to the tune of the dueling banjo song from Deliverance.

edit on 16/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I forgot to mention to the tune of the dueling banjo song from Deliverance.

edit on 16/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Lol,Nice try.Seening as you couldn't figure how how to reply a post back to me this may help you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There it is. Know that is an invention known the world over. It’s a boomerang.

Did you know the Dude is a Zen master?
edit on 16-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I find your mockery of my country to be in extreme distaste and it has no place on this website, or in any form of civilised conversation. Shame on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join