It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians Own As Many Firearms As In 1996: Study

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
strewth, cant we all just analyse the facts and agree that tinnies and bar-b's are all that is required to make guns safe?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by HenryNorris
Why do Americans have to be so dramatic about everything? Why do Americans need military style weapons? So dramatic.

Why does someone from another country even care what people in the US think?

Might want to find a hobby or something.

Um, and you might want to join a closed forum where people who only agree with you are present.

Accusations of being a troll for anyone who presents a difference argument than others, is a claim of total ignorance

If you read the thread from start to finish, which I assume you did, then by the responses the OP continues to give in the face of being proven wrong on so many different fronts....evokes the feeling that he/she is being a troll.

He's complaining about Americans should stop complaining & just give up our guns yet given the evidence that in his own country that tactic hasn't work & in fact caused a spike in crime...he still just continues to carry on as if the facts don't matter...

Hence, his behavior is very troll like.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Jacktrades because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2013 by Jacktrades because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryNorris

Is it any of your business whether people want to use guns for hunting or for protection?? Please go take a look at the defensive gun use statistics in the U.S; approximately 2.3 million per year. You're telling me people don't have the right to defend themselves from criminals & the potential threat of tyranny?? That's exactly why the 2nd amendment is in place. Sorry if you can't grasp that notion; sorry if you don't understand the historical importance. Sorry if you won't look up the statistics of violent crime & the relation to gun laws.

As for owning 'military-style' guns; they're not automatic or selective-fire. Automatics are already highly regulated. So to imply that you can just walk into a shop, grab an AK off the shelf & get to committing mass-murders --- please. Stick to hunting kangaroos & pigs, and leave others to their own devices.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu

Is it any of your business whether people want to use guns for hunting or for protection?? Please go take a look at the defensive gun use statistics in the U.S; approximately 2.3 million per year. You're telling me people don't have the right to defend themselves from criminals & the potential threat of tyranny?? That's exactly why the 2nd amendment is in place. Sorry if you can't grasp that notion; sorry if you don't understand the historical importance. Sorry if you won't look up the statistics of violent crime & the relation to gun laws.

As for owning 'military-style' guns; they're not automatic or selective-fire. Automatics are already highly regulated. So to imply that you can just walk into a shop, grab an AK off the shelf & get to committing mass-murders --- please. Stick to hunting kangaroos & pigs, and leave others to their own devices.

Good post!!

Only one problem, any stats you throw to that person fall on deaf ears. The type kind of reminds me of a quote from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre,you only have to change one word .Facts instead of badges.

Fact's, to god d*** hell with facts! We have no facts.In fact we don't need facts. I don't have to show you any stinking facts"

Do you know what a "aussie-rod" is in Australian slang?
edit on 14-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Australia’s government also took away their BB guns, slingshots, crossbows, and fireworks. No joke.

I believe they are only allowed to use safety scissors and eat with plastic silverware.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Very true; the facts don't matter to them. Since Sandy Hook occurred people from every country are chiming in on the U.S gun laws.

As an article on the LATimes puts it, "Mass shootings make up only a small fraction of the country's overall gun crime.

But experts say it's the spectacular nature of the attacks that give public mass shootings such impact beyond the affected communities, with intense media coverage lending extra piquance: five or six or even seven attacks in one year may not be statistically significant, but they're emotionally resonant.

"What makes the Newtown mass shooting different qualitatively is that we do have a significant loss of young, innocent, precious lives," he said. "That may pack enough emotional power to bring about reinstatement of, say, the assault weapons ban."
"

Due to the nature of the killings, involving school children, and the maelstrom of media attention --- it's no surprise many people are perceiving this from a purely emotional standpoint. Instead of actually taking a look at the facts & statistics. The OP is just another example of that, except in his case he doesn't even understand the historical implications (such as protection from potential tyranny).

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Australia’s government also took away their BB guns, slingshots, crossbows, and fireworks. No joke.

I believe they are only allowed to use safety scissors and eat with plastic silverware.

Your right.. You can't even own a air rifle without a gun permit
. Next they will be attacking spud guns in toy stores..
edit on 14-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I asked about if you made a potato cannon and I found out that would probably get you a long prison sentence. You honestly couldn’t make this stuff up. Australia has outlawed about 90% of my childhood.

If they didn’t have good surf we wouldn’t even know they existed. I can’t name one single invention of originality that has come from that country. Maybe Outback steakhouse the bloomin onion but that isn’t even original.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Can't agree more.Only one thing I need to mention.I noticed this thread was about Austrila.Put when the posters run out of valid argument.They turn the attack back to the U.S.God can't you just feel the love.

Early in the thread they were given stats from the austrilian goverment on violent crime.1997 to 2007.Lets see if we can get them back on topic wanna try?I know it will be hard because they now have no argument.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Shhhh.....don't tell the Americans. They have been happily living in a fantasy land where their guns keep them safe.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Just google it.You were right again the blooming onion was invented in New Orleans.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

If they didn’t have good surf we wouldn’t even know they existed. I can’t name one single invention of originality that has come from that country. Maybe Outback steakhouse the bloomin onion but that isn’t even original.

I suppose you have never heard of a refrigerator then? What about Pacemakers? How about black box recorders? Powered flight? What about bionic ears? Multi-focal contact lenses? Anti flu medication? Artificial spray on skin? I could literally go on for hours listing Australian inventions mate, do you want to retract your ignorant comment before I eviscerate you with an extremely long list of Australian inventions?

Oh and Outback Steakhouse? You really think we eat that crap? That's just marketed to dumb Americans who think they are eating Australian cuisine. Well done there.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Shhhh.....don't tell the Americans. They have been happily living in a fantasy land where their guns keep them safe.

Guess you missed this.Check out what has happen since your gun confiscation.

www.aic.gov.au...
edit on 14-1-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry, you lost me when people in this thread started making up nonsense about Australia, like we haven't invented anything useful for instance. I can't take anyone seriously in this thread after that complete and utter lie.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Hey sorry I would hate to confuse you with facts posted by the Australian Goverment.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You speak of facts yet this thread is also full of lies.

Once a proven liar, always a proven liar.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Aussie Rod

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What? Is that some sort of weird American joke?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I suppose you have never heard of a refrigerator then? What about Pacemakers? How about black box recorders? Powered flight? What about bionic ears? Multi-focal contact lenses? Anti flu medication? Artificial spray on skin? I could literally go on for hours listing Australian inventions mate, do you want to retract your ignorant comment before I eviscerate you with an extremely long list of Australian inventions?

Oh and Outback Steakhouse? You really think we eat that crap? That's just marketed to dumb Americans who think they are eating Australian cuisine. Well done there.

I know exactly what Outback is and it was said in fun.

Can you not do any better than powered flight or multi focal contacts? Do you understand when I said originality? Flight first achieved by Wright Brothers. Your powered flight claim is not wining any world recognition. The best one you came up with is powered refrigerator if your country was the first maybe you have something but give us a break with the namsypamsy crap like spray on skin.

Get with the program here.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm on my iPad or I would post it in full....but I strongly suggest you take a look at this extensive list before you look like even more of an ass:

en.wikipedia.org...

Be sure to read it all, it's quite a long list. You may even want to write notes down on a notepad, yet another Aussie invention I might say......

edit on 14/1/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join