It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians Own As Many Firearms As In 1996: Study

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by HenryNorris

Lax?
I had to get a federal, state and local background check done after taking a training course, just to get a permit to carry.
There is no link because it was sent as an email to a member of the CCDL, how do you link another persons email?
I can show you a youtube video of the Australian news saying after they banned guns, not only did crime rates go up, but they had "new" crime they did not know how to deal with called home invasions.

Here you go!

Now show me yours.
edit on 1/13/2013 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

"just to carry" ? See we dont let people walk around with guns. That is crazy. And all you had to do was a little course and a background check? I am glad I dont live in America where any loon can walk around with a gun. Thats crazy.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Your government are the terrorists you blind fool..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris

As I am a American and know little about Australia, i will refer you to Ed Chenel.
Please read.

From: Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria..... lone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins andassaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information. The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note Americans, before it's too late! Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in? WHY? You will need it.

Now, there are "rules" here in America, please learn our laws, or refrain from talking about them.
America reminds you of Somalia, but Australia reminds me of another slave country.

Now with opinions aside you if have real facts to post that will help your opinion please do, but please refrain from having an opinion on things you know nothing about. Would I give an opinion on a Mars probe design? No, that would be silly because I know nothing about it.

The 'rules' are very lax. I am glad to see you are about to tighten them up like every other advanced nation.

The stuff you posted is nonsense.

edit- link or are you too ashamed? Stats from year after new laws? From 1996? And I wouldnt trust them. Source? Link? Looks like trash propaganda.
edit on 13-1-2013 by HenryNorris because: (no reason given)

Well here are some crime stats and a link from your goverment 1996 to 2007.

www.aic.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Criminals don't walk around with guns in Australia?
Now i know your trolling.
Please reread my first post (the bottom)

Oh, and I too am happy you are not in America, we have enough people begging to be slaves and suckle the government's teat.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

You gave me a link to an Australian government website, showing Australian violent crime statistics.
And you only proved my point that crime has gone up and up after guns were banned.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You gave me a link to an Australian government website, showing Australian violent crime statistics.
And you only proved my point that crime has gone up and up after guns were banned.

My bad I meant to send it to Henry.OOP'S
Am I going to repost It to him or do you want to

I planned on calling him Cleopatra Queen of Denial

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I seen just a minute ago another guy in Sydney was shot twice.. Our gun laws are ridiculous..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Most people do not own military style weapons, civilian modles avalible with out special licensing do not have selectable fire. Semi-auto weapons are not military style, thats like putting a Porsche body on a Jetta and saying it is a Correra. Needing a gun for protection is a secondary need/use. Most people here in the US by them for hunting and sport not solely for defence. Australians may own the same number but not the sdame weapons, still a semi-auto ban.........Here in America we already have many federal and state laws regulating the types of arms we are allowed to own with out special permits. Regulated Arms (Class III)
The last statment does not deserve a response.......Aussie are becoming more and more like their Nancy cousins up north......now did that do anything for the conversation? Nope.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Please cite our lax laws....background checks (fed. manditory), waiting periods (for flaged persons), weapons restrictions (too many to name both state and federal), carry laws (changes by state), permit requierments (changes by state)....I don't think you have a clue about our laws.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Your avatar just about sums up what the media want you to think
You cant trust you own shadow..

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
They'll have to pry my guns from my dead cold hands, it's tyranny and the liberal neocon illuminati globalists want to take the guns so that we're unable to stand up to them. It's all clear as day. If you're not screaming anf furious then you are unAmerican and a traitor to your nation.

I mean look at Australia. You all had your guns ripped right out from under you. You had no choice. You were neutered when they took your guns. you were men, but now you're cowards - little girls wearing short skirts and afraid to bend over in a dark room.

*reads op*

*arguments all fall down*

*New tactic*

I don't care about Australia, you sound like a slave country to me. They will have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands.

edit on 13-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

You sound like a potential terorist. This is exactly why America needs gun laws.

You are saying you will fight to the death to keep your semi auto? I doubt it and you shouldnt say that stuff in public. Someone may read that and take your advice. Even if you are serious about terrorism you should not encourage others.

I smell a troll...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

We are/were not a democracy from the start.....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What are you 12........? Your just trolling for kicks right, you realize how clueless you sound?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Thats ok. I didn't look and though it was him that posted it.

Now I understand, I was like "WTF" he is contradicting his own post.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I love that picture lol fit so well with the name!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I would give up my AR15 in a gun buy back program like Australia.

I would take $3000 for my AR that includes One lower, Two complete uppers, one a AR15 Armalite upper with mods the other a CAR15 upper.
Plus a AR-15 .22 LR Conversion Kit and 5 mags for it.

Plus my 20+ 223 mags scope mounts for both uppers (the scopes i can use on a bolt action rifles)
If they would buy back everything i would go for it but nothing less i don't want a bunch of AR parts that i can not use or sell.
As they would be junk if all the AR were off the street.

with the money i can buy me a nice air rifle plus the compressor for it and air tank.
www.pyramydair.com...
www.pyramydair.com...
www.pomona-airguns.com...
edit on 13-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Why do Americans have to be so dramatic about everything? Why do Americans need military style weapons? So dramatic.

Why does someone from another country even care what people in the US think?

Might want to find a hobby or something.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Why do Americans have to be so dramatic about everything? Why do Americans need military style weapons? So dramatic.

Why does someone from another country even care what people in the US think?

Might want to find a hobby or something.

Um, and you might want to join a closed forum where people who only agree with you are present.

Accusations of being a troll for anyone who presents a difference argument than others, is a claim of total ignorance

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973
Accusations of being a troll for anyone who presents a difference argument than others, is a claim of total ignorance

quoted for truth.

You might want to point out where in my post I called anyone a troll.
Just voicing my opinion on this OPEN forum.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by spacedog1973

quoted for truth.

You might want to point out where in my post I called anyone a troll.
Just voicing my opinion on this OPEN forum.

It wasn't intended specifically for you, but those that obviously make that claim. You would know this since in the quote I issued of you, you didn't call anyone a troll.

I included it in that post because of the same defensive attitude you used that troll callers use. Next time i'll make it clearer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join