It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Watch 2013

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Philippines: At any rate...What do you think the effects would be on the environment and humans if a coal power plant were in Fukushima instead of the nuclear power plant there now?

The coal one would have killed about as many people as Fukushima (without the added disadvantage of an Exclusion Zone, to keep fatality numbers this way).

But yours is an unfair comparison, since it’s assumes it’s normal for every nuclear power station to suffer exactly the same fate of Fukushima. As of 2010 there were 441 operating nuclear power stations worldwide www.icjt.org... (plus another number of those operated and closed). In the history of civil nuclear power Fukushima is one of just 3 power stations to have seriously gone wrong i.e. meltdown, which is a meltdown rate of 1 per 147 nuclear power stations.

So if Fukushima was the site of 147 coal power stations, verses one failed nuclear Fukushima, then it’s easy to see why 147 coal would kill far, far more. One need only look at Beijing’s air pollution –lung cancer, to see this.

Nevermind the fact that's it's literally impossible for the some of the newer designs to melt through their own containment. Before it was merely "extremely unlikely".

The demand for electricity is just too high for these large corporations to ignore the potential profits...
It’s not in any private companies interests to have a nuclear meltdown, not least because it jeopardises the continuation of nuclear power in more than one country (as Japan & Germanys independent, yet identical phase out decisions shows). In this way an accident at one plant therefore does not just jeopardise the corporations profits from that reactor, but rather every powerstation (regardless of whether it has leaked radiation or not).

Furthermore: There are few ways to skimp on safety. E.g. Radiation shielding needs to be built or the plant cannot be operated, whilst more expensive approaches like Westinghous’s passive water cooling, are being built in order to get political approval, and furthermore are pretty large, & simple concrete water holding structures which would easily be missed if they were not built!

I Do Concede: There is a problem particularly in the U.S where (once safe) plants are being operated long after they were due to be closed, and here there have been major safety breeches.
It’s not a good or acceptable situation, but ironically enough is at least in part being caused by the anti-nuclear movements opposition towards the construction of new plants.
However: So far so good, the relative lives saved by U.S nuclear (compared with coal) far exceeds those killed. One need only look at Mountain Hilltop Removal Mining (like in Virginia)
wwwp.dailyclimate.org...
That coals subtle environmental effects, are also profound in that they create large amounts of unliveable waste land (see photo) and also contaminate local water supplies through the liberation of previously locked heavy metals.

If the U.S had never built a single nuclear power station…
1. Your cancer rates would be higher, because (realistically) it would be coal you would have used.
2. There would be more contaminated land, even worse on the water table front due to gas fracking as well.
3. A greatly more C02 polluted world climate (given the U.S is already responsible for such large amounts of world C02 emissions).

I don't trust these big corporations (GE, Westinghouse, etc.) to tell the truth, to properly manage nuclear materials (including waste), nor do I trust them to properly decommission any nuclear reactor.

Nuclear waste (as opposed to nuclear accidents) has killed virtually almost no one. There are 2 cases I know of, and all involve the former Soviet Union. In the West the stuff has been successfully contained for 60 years. It’s really quite simply: You put into a barrel, with Boron concrete (Boron being an extremely potent & cheap radiation absorber). It’s strong enough to take the weight of a truck, and just sits there in a barrel made of stainless steel i.e. does not rust.

Italy: Is the only Western exception I know of: They did let the Mafia get involved with waste dumping, which is why it appeared in Somalia waters. However most of that waste was from hospitals, and industry, using small very amounts, required for non-electricity generating, purposes.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Liberal1984

UCS and Greenpeace are biased, antinuclear organisations with an agenda. The Chernobyl death tolls in tens of thousands they report are wildly exaggerated.

The standard WHO estimate is 4000 to 9000, and thats the worst case scenario based on the dubious Linear no Threshold model (assuming low doses of radiation spread over long time have the same effect as the same doses over short time - there is a growing body of evidence that this relationship is not correct, since the body has far more time to act and repair the damage in the first case - the same dose delivered over long time has less negative effect as delivered over short time).

edit on 20/1/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

And WHO is a pro-nuclear organisaion with an agenda. I find it interesting that on a conspiracy board people cite supra-governmental as objective sources.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Alert for Seattle but nobody calls one. 117 CPM. Another wave coming through.

A geiger and a tree branch from Fukushima prefecture. I have no idea how far from Daiichi, this branch was picked.

Southern England.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Some conspiracies are just too far-fetched even for ATS. Like claiming WHO has a pro-nuclear agenda, and at the same time thinking Greenpeace or UCS are objective when it comes to this issue.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

FyreByrd And WHO is a pro-nuclear organisaion with an agenda. I find it interesting that on a conspiracy board people cite supra-governmental as objective sources.

When I joined ATS back in mid-2005, people were more interested in whether a source was factual or not, as opposed to where it selfp-evidently coming from.

This approach still makes sense because only the truly ignorant don’t realise it’s well recognised that there’s no such thing as an unbiased source (or even history). Maybe once AI gets a little smarter there will be, but (till then) every word you use, everything you remember to say and don’t remember to say constitutes bias. We humans are incapable of performing otherwise.

So Let’s Get This “Logic” of Yours Straight…
You are quite happy to breath-in a hot heads, Air Cooled: Statistics, predictions, & dodgy images, clearly all cooked-up by anti-nuclear fanatics, but that's ok "because this is a conspiracy site, and we love to fill our brains with this kind of ****)

BUT: when it’s the other side of the coin (by people I’ve seen to date, have been far more accurate) suddenly this becomes too "un ATS".

Yes, this is a conspiracy site, but it isn’t a site for moronic peer pressure either –self censorship.
At least it didn’t used to be, and as long as I’m here I don’t intend it to become a complete one either.

That means: If you find something wrong with the evidence-links I present, then its news to me, and furthermore I’m as keen as anyone to debate it. But simply saying “it’s WHO and therefore it’s unsuitable” is really lazy, trawler trash, style debating.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984

FyreByrd And WHO is a pro-nuclear organisaion with an agenda. I find it interesting that on a conspiracy board people cite supra-governmental as objective sources.

When I joined ATS back in mid-2005, people were more interested in whether a source was factual or not, as opposed to where it selfp-evidently coming from.

While misreading my intent, you are making my point for me. That one must always we aware of bias. I was just pointing this out to the poster that while Greenpeace has a well-known bias so do their sources. I wasn't disputing facts at all - I don't know how valid either groups statisical methods are. However, Greenpeace acknowledges their bias and WHO, et all present themselves as arbiters of objective information when in fact they are as biased, if not more then, say Greenpeace.

This approach still makes sense because only the truly ignorant don’t realise it’s well recognised that there’s no such thing as an unbiased source (or even history). Maybe once AI gets a little smarter there will be, but (till then) every word you use, everything you remember to say and don’t remember to say constitutes bias. We humans are incapable of performing otherwise.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

15 January 2013

Radioactive sleet and snow have fallen in Arkansas and the public has not been notified, once again. This seems to be quite par for the course.

The sleet and snow that fell on January 15, 2013 in White County Arkansas was not normal.
Background levels in this area are 35cpm. The sleet and snow was showing an alert level above 100cpm.

The high levels only lasted about 24 hours indicating a short half life of the hot particles.

This kind of exposure can reduce the immune system and may be the cause for recent spikes in flu and illness in this area and others.

We can only assume because the event was short lived is why they are not warning parents to keep their children out of this unsafe wintery mix.

Not creating panic or concern seems to be more important than public safety. Why warn parents exposure to the snow and sleet is equal to flying at 30,000 feet or exposure levels for nuclear plant workers - right?

This video highlights the recent hands-on measurement of the radioactive precipitation in Arkansas.

Hospital admissions for flu jump ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

20 January 2013

TOKYO —
Hospital admissions for flu rose sharply last week, according to the Infectious Disease Surveillance Center (IDSC).

According to the center, admissions up to Jan 13 were over three times higher than the week before. Nationally, an average of 12.07 patients per institution were admitted for treatment, up from 3.91 the week before. The IDSC says last week marked the first time this year the number has risen to over 10 patients per institution, TBS reported Sunday.

Most patients had been admitted for Type A influenza subtype H3N2, known in Japan as “Hong Kong Type A,” the center says. When broken down by prefecture, the highest average number of reported admissions per institution was in Gunma, which saw 27.71 patients, followed by Ibaraki with 25.88 and then Chiba with 22.52.

The IDSC also said the infection rate was especially high throughout Kanto... more

Gunma #10
Ibaraki #8
Chiba #12
Kanto = Green

All named prefectures directly downwind (depending on the day) of the ongoing environmental catastrophe - the MSM-buried reality of the triple melt-throughs at Fukushima - and not a hint of any correlation between depleted immune systems and

“...here’s a radiation map of Fukushima prefecture, created by a Japanese guy whom I don’t know, but will try and find out more about later, to see if he will keep updating this – all credit goes to the person for creating this, made from published government radiation data.”

国・自治体による高さ1m・0.5m計測を中心とした放射線量マップ Radiation dose measured by MEXT and local governments at 1 or 0.5 meter height.

But Japan Today seems to have completely forgotten the tinderbox called Fukushima Dai-ichi... and the radiation spewing forth ever since 3-11-11.

But wait - The Magic Tent!

In this Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2011 photo released by Tokyo Electric Power Co., building materials are being pulled up by a crane by Unit 1 reactor, seen behind the crane, to build a tent to cover the reactor...   (AP Photo/Tokyo Electric Power Co.)

Giant Tent Goes Up Over Japan Reactor - TEPCO hopes tent will contain radiation

TEPCO is constructing an airtight polyester tent measuring 177 feet tall and 154 feet in length to cover one of the worst-hit reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant,

hoping the tent will stop leaked radioactive materials from spreading and prevent possible future leaks,

reports the AP.

Unsafe radiation levels had prevented workers from beginning work on the tent over the No. 1 reactor until now. It's expected to be finished by the end of September, and if it works as advertised, TEPCO officials say they will put up more such tents over other reactors.

To be continued...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We also reported on this:

Silly rabbit.

We have previously been informed that the "radioactive release problem" has been solved with the new, improved, must-be-magic tent that TEPCO erected for the benefit of mankind - or, actually, perhaps just the near environs to the Fukushima disaster/fiasco multiple melt-throughs spewing life-altering radioactive contaminates 24/7/365 [color=limegreen]for over 7 months.

Or this gem supplied by TEPCO:

Eye-washing: A crane lifts a panel into place Thursday at the remnants of the No. 1 reactor building at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant. TEPCO is putting a giant cover over the building - one of two ripped apart by violent explosions early in the crisis -
to contain its radioactive emissions...

Oh, wait, Wally! TEPCO is putting up a curtain to solve the problem - out of sight, out of mind.

Building Fukushima Reactor #1 Cover
... which takes you to the "House of Japan" website where you get this:

"The cover is being installed to prevent further radioactive pollution escaping from the crippled plant."

Workers at the plant are still trying to bring the critical situation under control by January 2012.
Decontaminated water is being used to cool the reactors ahead of efforts to achieve a cold shutdown.

How is this feat possible as the decontamination equipment’s capacity (when it is operating at all) is far less that the admitted amounts of water being injected/poured onto, into, the reactor(s)?

Meanwhile, Tepco is constructing a massive steel frame to support a shroud of polyester fiber that will cover the unit 1 reactor, where a hydrogen blast severely damaged the walls and roof, to reduce the entry of rainwater.

It may also help mitigate radiation leaks.
source

From the looks of the steel components, it should support this magic stuff.

This is part of the steel frame that will support a polyester fiber shroud for the unit 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. (Credit: Tepco)]/i]

Handout photo shows a cover under construction around the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station in Fukushima Prefecture on Sept. 15, 2011.

The cover is being installed to prevent further radioactive pollution escaping from the crippled plant.

Must be some kind of new miracle stuff that we are not familiar with. Is that like Teflon?

And if this miracle fabric actually blocks/prevents radioactive contaminates, we would like to have just a bit to make bumbershoots for the children so as to protect them from the 24/7/365 lethal bombardment they are currently subjected to.

... Once the scrubbers are in place, they are expected to process all the air in the enclosure -- a volume of about 40,000 cubic meters -- every hour, reducing airborne radioactive materials by 90 percent.

Let’s see ... 90% of ... what was the latest number bandied about ... a million billion becquerels ...?

Does the back-up system go online when the filters need replaced?

So many questions...

... reducing airborne radioactive materials by 90 percent.

Can this be verified?

The new cover will last for two years. TEPCO is also considering replacing the cover with a stronger one should the firm decide to remove the fuel from the reactor.

TEPCO plans to build similar covers over the No. 3 and 4 reactor buildings, which were also destroyed by hydrogen explosions in March.
more

So they’re still putting out ‘hydrogen explosion’ for this?

Somehow, we were under the impression that the fuel from reactor #1 was estimated (by TEPCO) to be about 18 meters below containment, which we thought was below the reactor pressure vessel.

“...should the firm decide to remove the fuel from the reactor.”

As opposed to what - leaving the fuel wherever it may be at this particular moment?

And just where is that - today?

Would love to hear more about and actually see the technology for recovering this fuel.

To be continued...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Tepco’s merely covering up the carnage by ‘tents’ and venting the continuing radioactive ‘steam’ from the ‘misplaced’ corium high into the air to catch the prevailing westerly winds (the Jet Stream) is systematically exporting the radionuclides to North America to be distributed upon the unsuspecting populace, open water, foodstuffs in the fields, including our children and pets, by radioactive rain and snow.

TODAYS’s jet stream, courtesy StormSurf

Peek at the sea surface temp gradients between Japan/US.

Not that we would ever say, "we told you so," but ...

6 November 2011
Expert on Fukushima radiation in US: [color=3BB9FF]‘We know its going to impact public health’

• It’s more a matter of something happened that we didn’t want to happen.

• We know its going to impact public health.

[color=Cyan]• There’s not a whole lot you can do about it.

• Once you let the horse out of the barn, hell, the horse took the barn door with it.

• We’re stuck, this is an accident that should have been prevented. It’s hard to respond to it.

And now, for something completely different:

Japan TV host diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia —
Had been eating Fukushima produce on show

25 August 2011

Japan raising radiation limit to 20 millisieverts/year leads to 160,000 lifetime cancers per million people

In April, the Japanese government raised its maximum limit for children from one to 20 millisieverts per year, a level that leads to 2,270 cancers annually per million people (or 160,000 lifetime cancers per million), according to data in a landmark 2006 U.S. National Academy of Sciences report on radiation cancer risk.

A massive outcry later forced the government to reverse the move.

[color=8AFB17]About a fifth of the 1,600 schools in Fukushima prefecture were exposed to at least 20 milliseiverts of radiation this year, according to a Bloomberg story in July. [...]

The children already have a year's worth of radiation in 4 months at the 20 millisieverts per year!

Greenlings are in the family of Hexagrammidae marine fish and include lingcod (Ophiodon elongatus). Corbis

Fish Super Radioactive Fukushima

18 January 2013

In a control fishing near the Fukushima plant, a fish had a level of radioactive contamination over 2,500 times the legal limit in Japan. 

Tepco, the operator of the site, this fish was measured in the amount of radioactive cesium equal to 254,000 becquerels per kilogram while the limit set for seafood by the Government is 100 becquerels / kg. 

To avoid highly contaminated fish go too far may be consumed by other species or caught, Tepco will install new nets.

The 'experts' are reporting that Fukushima is anywhere from 10-50 times worse (meaning fallout) than Chernobyl. These same experts are now saying that the environmental contamination from Fukushima will cause the deaths of millions of people.

If you don't think the effects from Chernobyl are significant because it's been swept under the rug by media and government, please see my video link below 'Fukushima DNA Mutations...'

People, we are being lied to and the dangers are being horrifically downplayed.

Fukushima DNA Mutations..."Move along...Nothing to see here folks..."

“The lies and disinformation continue...Radiation contamination is cumulative and does not dissipate or dilute in the atmosphere or ocean as lame stream reports would have you believe. Truth be told, it concentrates as it moves up the food chain.

We have 104 nuclear reactors in the US and ALL of them are experiencing containment problems.

The current nuclear energy situation is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY...

and it is not confined to Japan.

1 milisevert of plutonium is fatal if ingested or taken internally (inhaled) as well as cesium....
WTF are they telling us!!??

Wake up....stay away from the food sources that accumulate these radioactive particles.”

To be continued...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
In Chernobyl death from pneumonia went up 6000% after the 50 ton Kaboom. Gotta hide the deaths somehow, right?
The count of influenza cases per medical institution is the highest in Fukushima all around in Japan....
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
In Chernobyl death from pneumonia went up 6000% after the 50 ton Kaboom. Gotta hide the deaths somehow, right?
The count of influenza cases per medical institution is the highest in Fukushima all around in Japan....
fukushima-diary.com...

Greetings Aircooled:

You must be hitting somewhere close to the truth, considering the vehemence you seem to have attracted.

When they're cornered by the truth, they'll attack the messenger...

... Statistics, predictions, & dodgy images, clearly all cooked-up by anti-nuclear fanatics...

As we both learned early on in the Fuku Mega thread -
Illegitimi non carborundum!

Let's take a look at this stone-thrower - been around since 2005 - one might think it would know better than to step into the ring above its weight class.

I support nuclear energy –convinced it holds the only sustainable ways forward that won’t get inventors assassinated.

Care to elaborate on this statement?

Or this one?

As unlike e.g. solar it will always have big business behind it as only a big business will run it.

And WTF do you mean by making up headlines merely to post your weak pro-nuke rhetoric and links?

Anti-Nuclear Group Threatens to Blow-Up Nuclear Plant!

Here is the complete text from that RT article. Not anywhere is there even a hint of attribution to any ‘anti-nuclear’ group.

Sweden on nuclear facility alert as explosives found at plant

Ringhals nuclear power plant in Varberg (Reuters / Scanpix Sweden)

Sweden has raised the alert at all its nuclear facilities after bomb sniffer dogs discovered an explosive device in the back of a truck near Stockholm’s Ringhals atomic power station. Police are investigating the incident.

Although the device lacked a detonator, officers have evacuated the area around the truck and are questioning the driver. Initial reports point to sabotage, with no immediate suspects.

Police spokesman Tommy Nyman said the driver was unaware of the explosives.

“An outsider has obviously placed them on the truck…we're talking to the truck driver and are trying to map out her movements within the premises throughout the day,” Nyman said.

Swedish bomb technicians noted that due to the lack of a detonator, there was no immediate risk of explosion. Furthermore, officials from the Ringhals power plant say that even had the explosives gone off, they would not have posed any threat to the reactor.

“Under the first step onto the truck there is a fire extinguisher and that is where the explosive had been placed,” Gosta Larsen, Head of Communication at the Ringhals plant, told the Swedish news source TT, adding that the discovery was “worrying”.

Officials say the device was like "the size of a small fist, shaped like a plastic explosive". It was discovered during a routine check.

Dear Reader, it pains us to point out that in this obvious shill’s attempt at obfuscation, it utilized prevarication to attempt to further the pro-nuclear agenda - another blatant example of how they will stoop to any level to divert the attention away from the obvious Achilles’ heel of the nuclear industry - the insanity of continuing to produce these deadly toxins with no long-term waste solution in sight.

We’re calling you out, Liberal1984: come on out and defend the waste position - not post inane BS story that somehow got by the ATS Mods... you got lucky... or paid them off

Wow! That Mochi has done it again! Those figures are much more revealing than those published only 5 days ago by the Japan Times and the Infectious Disease Surveillance Center (IDSC).

According to National Institute of Infectious Diseases, influenza cases has been rapidly increasing in every prefecture since the beginning of 2013. The count of influenza cases per medical institution is 22.58 in this week, which had a huge jump from 12.07 of last week.

The highest count of influenza cases per medical institution is Fukushima (38.63).

Ibaraki (36.18), Gunma (35.66), Nagasaki (34.50), Chiba (34.17), Fukuoka (32.92), Saitama (32.13), Tochigi (32.08) are to follow.

5 of 7 those prefectures are known to be hotspot.

Please refer to radiation saturation maps above.

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thyroid abnormalities in 55% of Fukushima girls tested age 11 to 15
From the great comments
43%. The pre 3/11 rate was 0.8%
enenews.com...

Caused by burning floor polishers I'm sure!
enenews.com...
Do they really think anybody is stupid enough to believe this?

Again, found it in the comments section.
There is evidence to support a link between radiation from Fukushima and this year's North American drought.
www.orgonelab.org...

Testing that lake [150 ft el.] in Brazil again. This time with the sample in the lead box.

“Death River”: Radiation detector goes over limit in Fukushima City — 430,000 Bq/kg of cesium
enenews.com...

From June but just uploaded.

Alabama. 125 CPM today

Not sure about the red dot in Nor-Cal? Looks like somebody erased the third number.

I know our visiting pro-nukers don't have the attention span to actually watch a whole video, but I brought this jem from last March just for them.
Must-Watch Video On Unsafe American Nuclear Plants
www.washingtonsblog.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Greetings:

Sure quieted down around here when the Truth be told and the trolls and shills scattered like ravenous cockroaches hit with a Klieg light....

Check this out for those wondering where the 24/7/365 'fallout export' from the destroyed Fukushima reactors is headed:

Weather Model - Global Jet Stream Wind and 250 mb Pressure

And this:

Must-Watch Video: Popular MSNBC Anchor Reports the Media Are Stifling the Truth About Fukushima, Regulators Are Wholly Captured and There Are Many Accidents Waiting to Happen In the U.S.

Posted on August 17, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

As I’ve previously noted, popular MSNBC anchor Cenk Uygur was recently told to tone down his attacks on the establishment because the head of the network reminded him, “we’re part of the establishment.”

Last week, Uygur described what MSNBC bigwigs told him about Fukushima in this must-see video:
Uygur also reports on the numerous unsafe reactors in the U.S., the cover-ups of nuclear accidents, and the wholly captured nuclear regulators … and regulators in every field.

And this:

Department of Energy Wants to Let Radioactive Scrap Metal Back into Consumer Products

The overwhelming scientific consensus is that any amount of radiation – no matter how small – can cause cancer and other serious health effects.

(Current safety standards are based on the ridiculous assumption that everyone exposed is a healthy man in his 20s – and that radioactive particles ingested into the body cause no more damage than radiation hitting the outside of the body. In the real world, however, even low doses of radiation can cause cancer. Moreover, small particles of radiation – called “internal emitters” – which get inside the body are much more dangerous than general exposures to radiation. See this and this. And radiation affects small children much more than full-grown adults.)

But the Department of Energy – the agency which is responsible for the design, testing and production of all U.S. nuclear weapons, promotes nuclear energy as one of its core functions, which has been covering up nuclear accidents for decades, and has used mutant lines of human cells to promote voodoo, anti-scientific arguments – proposes letting radiation into our silverware. more

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Damn Fourwinds, one star is all I can give you for finding that jem.

And speaking of watchdogs stifling the truth....
A dear friend has found an EPA link that gets her into some interesting numbers. I can't even get the link to open. [Maybe because I'm in Canada?]
It just spins round and round and goes nowhere for me.
Maybe someone with better computer skills can find their way into the EPA?
In the meantime I can copy and paste some numbers.
You don't see these on radnet, do you?
Spokane Wash.
Measurement End Date/Time Beta Gross Count Rate(CPM)
2013-01-22 00:43:39 370
2013-01-22 01:43:53 352
2013-01-22 02:44:07 367
2013-01-22 03:44:22 402
2013-01-22 04:44:37 368
2013-01-22 05:44:52 315
2013-01-22 06:45:06 255
2013-01-22 07:45:20 238
2013-01-22 14:47:01 487
2013-01-22 15:47:15 492
2013-01-22 17:47:43 481
2013-01-22 19:14:11 176
2013-01-22 20:14:25 346
2013-01-22 21:14:40 345
2013-01-22 22:14:55 300
2013-01-22 23:15:10 245
2013-01-23 00:15:24 217
2013-01-23 01:15:38 208
2013-01-23 02:15:53 201
2013-01-23 03:16:07 189
2013-01-23 04:16:22 205
2013-01-23 05:16:36 204
2013-01-23 06:16:51 217
2013-01-23 07:17:05 221
2013-01-23 08:17:19 229
2013-01-23 09:17:33 223
2013-01-23 10:17:49 238
2013-01-23 11:18:03 247
2013-01-23 12:18:17 234
2013-01-23 13:18:32 244
2013-01-23 14:18:47 229
2013-01-23 15:19:02 256
2013-01-23 16:19:16 287
2013-01-23 17:19:31 293
2013-01-23 18:19:45 287
2013-01-23 19:19:59 259
2013-01-23 20:20:14 198
2013-01-23 21:20:28 165
2013-01-23 22:20:43 158
2013-01-23 23:20:58 168
2013-01-24 00:21:12 179
2013-01-24 01:21:27 186
2013-01-24 02:21:41 186
2013-01-24 03:21:56 190
2013-01-24 04:22:11 214
2013-01-24 05:22:25 230
2013-01-24 06:22:40 204
2013-01-24 07:22:55 214
2013-01-24 08:23:09 219
2013-01-24 09:23:24 230
2013-01-24 10:23:38 220
2013-01-24 11:23:53 219
2013-01-24 12:24:07 221
2013-01-24 13:24:22 223
2013-01-24 14:24:37 227
2013-01-24 15:24:51 230
2013-01-24 16:25:06 227
2013-01-24 17:25:21 231
2013-01-24 18:25:36 221
2013-01-24 19:25:50 239
2013-01-24 20:26:05 237
2013-01-24 21:26:20 232
2013-01-24 22:26:35 210
2013-01-24 23:26:49 190
2013-01-24 23:57:40 186
2013-01-25 01:13:06 72
2013-01-25 02:13:21 135
2013-01-25 03:13:36 144
2013-01-25 04:13:50 139
2013-01-25 05:14:05 131
2013-01-25 06:14:19 132
2013-01-25 07:14:34 128
2013-01-25 08:14:48 125
2013-01-25 09:15:03 125
2013-01-25 10:15:17 132
2013-01-25 11:15:31 142
2013-01-25 12:15:46 149
2013-01-25 13:16:00 190
2013-01-25 14:16:15 228
2013-01-25 15:16:29 227
2013-01-25 16:16:44 223
2013-01-25 17:16:58 237
2013-01-25 18:17:13 243
2013-01-25 19:17:27 212
2013-01-25 20:17:41 159
2013-01-25 21:17:56 142
2013-01-25 22:18:10 159
2013-01-25 23:18:25 182
2013-01-26 00:18:39 218
2013-01-26 01:18:54 260
2013-01-26 02:19:11 230
2013-01-26 03:19:25 197
2013-01-26 04:19:40 201
2013-01-26 05:19:55 206
2013-01-26 06:20:09 205
2013-01-26 07:20:23 229
2013-01-26 08:20:38 220
2013-01-26 09:20:52 218
2013-01-26 10:21:07 219
2013-01-26 11:21:21 179
2013-01-26 12:21:36 136
2013-01-26 13:21:50 144
2013-01-26 14:22:04 176
2013-01-26 15:22:19 184
2013-01-26 16:22:34 172
2013-01-26 17:22:49 127
2013-01-26 18:23:03 98
2013-01-26 19:23:18 87
2013-01-26 20:23:33 72
2013-01-26 21:23:47 68
2013-01-26 22:25:02 63
2013-01-26 23:25:17 59
2013-01-27 00:25:32 56
2013-01-27 01:25:46 57
2013-01-27 02:26:01 59
2013-01-27 03:26:16 60
2013-01-27 04:26:30 54
2013-01-27 05:26:45 50
2013-01-27 06:26:59 52
2013-01-27 07:27:13 56
2013-01-27 08:27:28 60
2013-01-27 09:27:42 60
2013-01-27 10:27:57 67
2013-01-27 11:28:12 66
2013-01-27 12:28:26 65
2013-01-27 14:28:55 88
2013-01-27 15:29:09 96
2013-01-27 16:29:24 98
2013-01-27 17:29:38 106
2013-01-27 18:29:53 103
2013-01-27 19:30:07 102
2013-01-27 20:30:22 96
2013-01-27 21:30:36 87
2013-01-27 22:30:51 74
2013-01-27 23:31:06 67
2013-01-28 00:31:20 60
2013-01-28 01:31:35 52
2013-01-28 02:31:49 52
2013-01-28 03:32:04 50
2013-01-28 04:32:18 52
2013-01-28 05:32:33 51
2013-01-28 06:32:48 50
2013-01-28 07:33:02 51
2013-01-28 08:33:16 54
2013-01-28 09:33:31 62
2013-01-28 10:33:45 55
2013-01-28 11:34:00 46
2013-01-28 12:34:14 40
2013-01-28 13:34:29 39
2013-01-28 14:34:43 37
2013-01-28 15:34:58 36
2013-01-28 16:35:12 36
2013-01-28 17:32:33 37
2013-01-28 18:48:30 17
2013-01-28 19:48:45 27
2013-01-28 20:49:00 37
2013-01-28 21:49:14 48
2013-01-28 22:49:29 56
2013-01-28 23:49:43 67
2013-01-29 00:49:57 68
2013-01-29 01:50:12 65
2013-01-29 02:50:27 64
2013-01-29 03:50:41 61
2013-01-29 04:50:56 56
2013-01-29 05:51:10 52
2013-01-29 06:51:25 51
2013-01-29 07:51:40 68
2013-01-29 08:51:54 85
2013-01-29 09:52:09 98
2013-01-29 10:52:23 105
2013-01-29 11:52:38 97
2013-01-29 12:52:53 110
2013-01-29 13:53:07 122
2013-01-29 14:53:22 93
2013-01-29 15:53:36 93
2013-01-29 16:53:50 96
Note: Zero Values for "Beta CPM", "Gamma CPM", "Flow Rate", "Sampling Volume" or "Ambient Pressure" indicate data not available.Combined "Wind Speed" and "Wind Direction" of '0' and '359' indicate data not available

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Let's start with the link that I can't get to work.
Good luck!
cdxnode64.epa.gov...
Highlite [Beta Gross Count] move to right column [>] select city and search

OFFICIAL NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER:
The data contained on these pages does not constitute an official position,
review, statement or confirmation of integrity by the Environmental
Protection Agency. It is not for use in any official manner unless
reviewed and approved by an authorized agent of the Environmental
Protection Agency.
Query Parameters:
Location Names: CO: DENVER,
Query Start Date: 01/22/2013
Query End Date: 01/29/2013
Fixed data selected.
Measurement End Date/Time Beta Gross Count Rate(CPM)
2013-01-22 00:52:11 57
2013-01-22 01:52:24 52
2013-01-22 02:52:38 53
2013-01-22 03:52:52 55
2013-01-22 04:53:05 58
2013-01-22 05:53:18 58
2013-01-22 06:53:32 57
2013-01-22 07:53:45 55
2013-01-22 08:53:58 69
2013-01-22 09:54:12 90
2013-01-22 10:54:26 118
2013-01-22 11:54:39 136
2013-01-22 12:54:52 154
2013-01-22 13:55:05 154
2013-01-22 14:55:19 138
2013-01-22 16:28:12 31
2013-01-22 17:28:26 57
2013-01-22 18:28:39 55
2013-01-22 19:28:52 42
2013-01-22 20:29:06 31
2013-01-22 21:29:19 27
2013-01-22 22:29:33 25
2013-01-22 23:29:47 25
2013-01-23 00:30:00 26
2013-01-23 01:30:13 27
2013-01-23 02:30:27 26
2013-01-23 03:30:40 36
2013-01-23 05:31:08 90
2013-01-23 04:30:53 55
2013-01-23 06:31:21 120
2013-01-23 07:31:35 131
2013-01-23 08:31:48 136
2013-01-23 09:32:02 132
2013-01-23 10:32:16 137
2013-01-23 11:32:29 149
2013-01-23 12:32:43 148
2013-01-23 13:32:57 148
2013-01-23 14:33:11 142
2013-01-23 15:33:24 135
2013-01-23 16:33:38 128
2013-01-23 17:33:52 128
2013-01-23 18:34:05 123
2013-01-23 19:34:19 108
2013-01-23 20:34:33 102
2013-01-23 21:34:46 106
2013-01-23 22:35:00 110
2013-01-23 23:35:14 127
2013-01-24 00:35:28 150
2013-01-24 01:35:41 150
2013-01-24 02:35:55 146
2013-01-24 03:36:08 150
2013-01-24 04:36:22 172
2013-01-24 05:36:36 199
2013-01-24 06:36:49 225
2013-01-24 07:37:03 262
2013-01-24 08:37:16 294
2013-01-24 09:37:30 297
2013-01-24 10:37:43 305
2013-01-24 11:37:57 336
2013-01-24 12:38:11 347
2013-01-24 13:38:24 318
2013-01-24 14:38:38 271
2013-01-24 15:13:21 226
2013-01-24 16:27:40 36
2013-01-24 17:27:54 68
2013-01-24 18:28:08 80
2013-01-24 19:28:21 69
2013-01-24 20:28:35 51
2013-01-24 21:28:49 41
2013-01-24 22:29:02 35
2013-01-24 23:29:16 31
2013-01-25 00:29:30 30
2013-01-25 01:29:43 30
2013-01-25 02:29:56 28
2013-01-25 03:30:10 30
2013-01-25 04:30:23 31
2013-01-25 05:30:37 36
2013-01-25 06:30:51 41
2013-01-25 07:31:04 45
2013-01-25 08:31:17 79
2013-01-25 09:31:31 120
2013-01-25 10:31:44 137
2013-01-25 11:31:58 144
2013-01-25 12:32:11 145
2013-01-25 13:32:25 146
2013-01-25 14:32:38 146
2013-01-25 15:32:52 138
2013-01-25 16:33:06 128
2013-01-25 17:33:20 114
2013-01-25 18:33:34 105
2013-01-25 19:33:47 94
2013-01-25 20:34:01 88
2013-01-25 21:34:15 80
2013-01-25 22:34:28 76
2013-01-25 23:34:42 108
2013-01-26 00:34:55 139
2013-01-26 01:35:09 151
2013-01-26 02:35:22 161
2013-01-26 03:35:36 166
2013-01-26 04:35:49 188
2013-01-26 05:36:03 209
2013-01-26 06:36:16 239
2013-01-26 07:36:30 257
2013-01-26 08:36:43 276
2013-01-26 09:36:57 300
2013-01-26 10:37:11 318
2013-01-26 11:37:24 328
2013-01-26 12:37:38 335
2013-01-26 13:37:52 326
2013-01-26 14:38:05 284
2013-01-26 15:38:19 252
2013-01-26 16:38:32 216
2013-01-26 17:38:46 202
2013-01-26 18:38:59 213
2013-01-26 19:39:13 218
2013-01-26 20:39:26 207
2013-01-26 21:39:39 195
2013-01-26 22:39:52 192
2013-01-26 23:40:06 185
2013-01-27 00:40:20 217
2013-01-27 01:40:33 238
2013-01-27 02:40:47 238
2013-01-27 03:41:01 236
2013-01-27 04:41:15 255
2013-01-27 05:41:28 270
2013-01-27 06:41:42 288
2013-01-27 07:41:56 280
2013-01-27 08:42:09 301
2013-01-27 09:42:23 336
2013-01-27 10:42:36 441
2013-01-27 11:42:50 545
2013-01-27 12:43:03 620 WOW!
2013-01-27 17:44:11 556
2013-01-27 18:44:24 385
2013-01-27 19:44:38 300
2013-01-27 20:44:51 257
2013-01-27 21:45:05 217
2013-01-27 22:45:18 185
2013-01-27 23:45:32 173
2013-01-28 00:45:46 170
2013-01-28 01:45:59 168
2013-01-28 02:46:13 153
2013-01-28 03:46:27 138
2013-01-28 04:46:40 137
2013-01-28 05:46:53 140
2013-01-28 06:47:07 160
2013-01-28 07:47:21 184
2013-01-28 08:47:34 180
2013-01-28 09:47:48 151
2013-01-28 10:48:01 133
2013-01-28 11:48:15 119
2013-01-28 12:48:28 112
2013-01-28 13:48:42 117
2013-01-28 14:48:56 125
2013-01-28 16:28:02 36
2013-01-28 17:28:16 72
2013-01-28 18:28:30 72
2013-01-28 19:28:44 65
2013-01-28 20:28:57 61
2013-01-28 21:29:11 110
2013-01-28 22:29:24 143
2013-01-28 23:29:38 167
2013-01-29 00:29:51 195
2013-01-29 01:30:05 205
2013-01-29 02:30:18 202
2013-01-29 03:30:31 182
2013-01-29 04:30:45 161
2013-01-29 05:30:58 136
2013-01-29 06:31:12 132
2013-01-29 07:31:25 142
2013-01-29 08:31:39 114
2013-01-29 09:31:53 95

Sorry, I ran out of thread room.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Thorfourwinds

You must be hitting somewhere close to the truth, considering the vehemence you seem to have attracted.
Ok so what “new” truth do you think he’s identified? I’d love you to bring attention to it!!!

As we both learned early on in the Fuku Mega thread –
Almost every thread on “this Japan section” demonstrates how (many) on your side loves dodgy info.

Let's take a look at this stone-thrower - been around since 2005 - one might think it would know better than to step into the ring above its weight class.
You mean: I might have learnt to express only your own opinions?

Care to elaborate on this statement?
Sure. If you come up with free energy that works (unlike e.g. wind which is inherently more expensive than fossil fuel) you will probably get a bullet in your head –car accident. It’s difficult to say who (exactly) might fire this bullet because: It could be your own government, or any one of their oil dependent dictator allies. Or it could also be any one of corporations, or private millionaires-billionaires involved with the fossil fuel business.

Or this one?
Sure: Nuclear has the support of Corporations because fission (unlike say Cold Fusion) will never ever be small enough to do in your back yard. Ultimately it has to be done by large corporations because the materials it uses are too dangerous in the hands of terrorists. Obviously there’s a risk but almost infinitely less than everyone having their own reactor, enabling fossil fuels to (overall) pose less risk to both individual lives & life’s well-being on this planet.

This means that when fossil fuels run out (or simply start to be unable to meet world demand as is the case right now) nuclear will be the only permitted replacement. Like renewables, nuclear can also provide near infinite energy (certainly once Breeder Reactors are included) but nuclear has corporations name on it, whilst wind & solar has rich homeowners names on theirs.

Given the human race was dominated by the ruthless & powerful 10,000 years ago, and may well be 10,000 years into the future; it probably doesn’t matter how much we dislike it.

Ultimately nuclear is the way out of fossil fuels, whilst all alternatives are mere distractions serving as propaganda to convince Joe Public something (effective) is being done about fossil fuels, whilst in reality it isn’t (i.e. total world consumption still goes up yearly, and at a faster rate than the year before). Besides propaganda purposes, the only other useful thing about renewables is as a form of wealth distribution from e.g. rich Germany, to e.g. China which (being a dictatorship) cares far more about weather engineering than pollution.

And WTF do you mean by making up headlines merely to post your weak pro-nuke rhetoric and links?

As you can see I haven’t “made anything up” I’ve simply jumped to an obvious conclusion. But if you do sincerely believe pro-nuclear groups, plant explosives at nuclear power stations, then I’d love to hear your reply (as well as whether the doctor’s given you any luminescent pills recently!!)

Dear Reader, it pains us to point out that in this obvious shill’s attempt at obfuscation, it utilized prevarication to attempt to further the pro-nuclear agenda
Nope, I simply have a different view to you.
I’m very proud of the fact I’m involved with a small group perfecting technological side of peaceful nuclear energy, but as you can (hopefully!) see from my other posts, about a wide range of subjects, nobody pays me to be on ATS –or anywhere else.

We’re calling you out, Liberal1984: come on out and defend the waste position - not post inane BS story that somehow got by the ATS Mods... you got lucky... or paid them off
No I don’t pay the moderators! And if a shrill was to operate there’s probably websites where you see e.g. more than 200 flags, because there are far like more than 200 active people (on any one day).
So… If you paid the moderators £200, that would be like a pound a person. TV adverts cost less than a penny, per person.
edit on 090705 by Liberal1984 because: They made me do this, at gunpoint!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Japan face the nuclear radiation in 2012 earth quake.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
A geiger and some sweet basil in Colorado.

Tepco: We are planning to dump water from Fukushima plant into Pacific Ocean
enenews.com...

BBC: Medical tests show exposure to “high levels of radiation” in Fukushima evacuees
enenews.com...

Jiji: Japan plummets in press freedom list — “Almost zero respect for access to information related to Fukushima… Should sound an alarm”
enenews.com...

Goebbels and fuk. What a pair!
enenews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

I could not get that link to work, either. The error message reads:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /radnet-public/query.do.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

In other words, presumably you have to be logged into the CDX database to access that page. Aircooled, I'm trying to understand the readings you show for Denver, Colorado, values starting on January 22, 2013. Here are my questions:

How did you find an option of displaying the current month? Today, when I used the public access entry to the EPA website and did a search by City/State etc., I could not find a way to ask for data past December 2012.

For the "Beta gross count" type of radiation, what medium were you looking at -- an air sample, in precipitation, what kind of sample did you select?

For the "Beta gross count" type of radiation, what value type did you select, was it Sieverts or what EPA calls the "traditional" type of radiation intensity? In other words, for that high numeric reading you found for Denver, Colorado (620), that is 620 what?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

"A dear friend has found an EPA link that gets her into some interesting numbers. I can't even get the link to open. [Maybe because I'm in Canada?]
It just spins round and round and goes nowhere for me.
cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Highlite [Beta Gross Count] move to right column [>] select city and search "

I couldn't get in there, Uphill, A friend in the U.S. did. I just copied the numbers, the link and her instructions once in there.

Into each life a little fukushima must fall. lol
Should I have BJ Thomas singin away in the background?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join