It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the U.S.A is the most hated country in the world let's pull out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I would like nothing more than for the US to be able to pull out of some of the most dangerous areas on earth but those areas would only become far more dangerous. It wouldn’t even be a month before the world came begging us to help police them again. It sucks that we have to provide security to these morons but they will not do it for themselves. All the other countries enjoy the security we provide while badmouthing us. Someday maybe we will pull back then watch them burn.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thats only because you have been fed that idea by media and you are gladly digesting it.. reality check pls

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Gee it almost sounds like a valuable concept, but relies on the erroneous assumption that "we" are represented as befits our own interests. Certain financial and politically relevant interests are in control, pandered to by those institutions we hold dear (or scorn as evil when speaking of the government). Pulling out is not an option (perhaps metaphorically in a crude sort of way) - too much commerce and too many social controls prohibit disengagement from the rest of the world.

Haliburton (aka Dick Cheney) et.al. control too many assets deployed in too many diverse locations that will ensure a status quo without any regard to the useless opinions of those widely considered to comprise "we".
Far too much of the global economy is in the hands of a relatively few who owe their allegiance to an ideology (or fifty) for any government-based organization to attain influence over "unwritten policy" or operational prerogatives.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I've never been outside of Europe! But I've always wanted to visit the U.S...it's been my daughters wish for a long time to go visit Times Square on new year's eve and I hope to make that a reality for her some day. Plus I have a bit of a thing for architecture and engineering and in particular bridges. A couple of my top ten bridges I would like to visit around the world are in America. I would actually LOVE to visit the Khaju bridge in Iran first and foremost but not sure when travel to Iran would become a wise thing!

It's interesting what you say regarding national pride for American;s.....when asked in the UK what they "are" a lot if not most people would reply with English or Scottish or Welsh etc rather than British in the first instance.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thats only because you have been fed that idea by media and you are gladly digesting it.. reality check pls

Actually I know this from firsthand experience I have circled the globe 13 times in my lifetime both as a soldier and a civilian so I do not need the MSM to tell me what I have seen for myself. That was a nice try though.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Hated...Yes I can tell. I am glad the U.K. was not so stupid as to change over to the Euro. LOL! Plus I have noticed just how much of a Cluster F@#% it would be if there was an E.U. President.

There is one VERY BIG difference between the U.S. and the E.U...in the States...the Customer is always right and in the E.U....it is a Honor for a customer to be granted entry into the Patrons establishment.

There continues to be an air of Airistocracy and a desire for people of wealth to obtain Title and a sense of Royalty. This concept is hated to the very core in EVERYONE who is an American. People here just would NOT put up with it and there is a very real disdane for even the idea of Royalty.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
What I loved about this thread.Was that even though I offered to do what people have asked over and over in post. Remove your troops,quit being the world police force,stay out of our business,go home.when I offered to do it .That still wasn't enough,it just shows the deep hatred that is here for the U.S.A.

Many have asked what you propose and I don't think they have beef with that part of your post. I think that some may have trouble with your claim that if you did that the world would burn.

I don't think it is hatred towards the US as much as it is hate towards your belief that the world can't get along without you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

SanFran....Golden Gate Bridge. Having some top grade Tuna marinaded in expensive soy in a Giant Martini Glass atop of Field Greens. Plus a side of Black Truffle toped Giant Scallops seared in Truffle Infused Olive Oil with Super Sized Green and Black pitted California Olives with Green Capers.

Now I'm Hungry! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

What I loved about this thread.Was that even though I offered to do what people have asked over and over in post. Remove your troops,quit being the world police force,stay out of our business,go home.when I offered to do it .That still wasn't enough,it just shows the deep hatred that is here for the U.S.A.

Many have asked what you propose and I don't think they have beef with that part of your post. I think that some may have trouble with your claim that if you did that the world would burn.

I don't think it is hatred towards the US as much as it is hate towards your belief that the world can't get along without you.

Be that as it may, it's not a belief it is a fact. That if the number 1 economy in the world pulled out the world would go into the deepest depression it has ever seen.To claim anything else is to deny world economics.

Over pride or the ability to admit you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct. The World Economy is completely tied to the U.S. Economy. Countries such as China with close to 2 Billion People have constructed their ENTIRE ECONOMIC SYSTEM around what exactly the average American purchases.

If the U.S. were to close itself to trade...it would be total Economic Chaos. The World Financial Markets would collapse. A Billion plus people would loose their jobs. Starvation would ravage two thirds of the Planet. It would be a disaster on a Global Scale.

For anyone to think different...there lies a person who never took Economics 101.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Be that as it may, it's not a belief it is a fact. That if the number 1 economy in the world pulled out the world would go into the deepest depression it has ever seen.To claim anything else is to deny world economics.

It isn't a fact and your inability to accept that your wrong is what people are reacting to. It isn't a hatred of america.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Thank you I don't see how people could see otherwise.Here are the top three Countries..

U.S.A $ 14,580,000,000,000

China $ 7,800,000,000,000

Japan$ 3,319,000,000,000

These are 2011 numbers still almost a two to one edge over China.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

It isn't a fact and your inability to accept that your wrong is what people are reacting to. It isn't a hatred of america.

Please tell me exactly what I am wrong about.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes and the U.S. has only 300 Million people to Chinas close to 2 Billion. That is an enormous difference. A bit less than one seventh the population of China has an Ecomomy that is almost Double.

It is obviously apparent just how connected the U.S. Economy is to the World Economy. Never mind just how important the U.S. Military is to keeping the peace as well as guarding and protecting international shipping, trade and travel.

I wonder if some people fully understand just how much the average U.S. Citizen has sacrificed to keep the rest of the World on an even keal?

It would have been nice if we could have spent all that money on ourselves.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Yes and the U.S. has only 300 Million people to Chinas close to 2 Billion. That is an enormous difference. A bit less than one seventh the population of China has an Ecomomy that is almost Double.

It is obviously apparent just how connected the U.S. Economy is to the World Economy. Never mind just how important the U.S. Military is to keeping the peace as well as guarding and protecting international shipping, trade and travel.

I wonder if some people fully understand just how much the average U.S. Citizen has sacrificed to keep the rest of the World on an even keal?

It would have been nice if we could have spent all that money on ourselves.

Split Infinity

That post echos my earlier statement.That the rest of the world treats the U.S Like a Teenager treats their parents.
We are evil,we don't know what is really going on,we don't understand them.But the minute they get in trouble who do they come to?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That the rest of the world would not find a way to move along. The world existed long before the US and there is no reason why it would not continue if the US decided to pull out.

The GWP is almost $70,000,000,000,000 so $55,500,000,000,000 would still be produced and available even if the US took its 14.5B out of the game.

ETA: Also the GDP of the EU is 17,611B so if we go by that then the EU is a bigger and more important player than the US. Add them to China and Japan and the US pulling out seems still less threatening.

edit on 12-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

This is true but not for everyone. There are many Europeans that are aware of just what people here have sacrificed for the greater good.

There are now some Americans who have taken an Anti-U.S. stance especially when President Bush was in office. I am an Independant and am not a fan of either of the Rep. or Dems. but I did notice that some of these Americans who had an Anti-U.S. stance very quickly went to a pro-U.S. stance when Obama was elected as well as Rep. supporters going to an Anti-U.S. stance.

It is all very sad to me.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
We damn well should.Start with the UN.Withdraw then show the damn hypocrite the door.Maybe Iran,they hardly ever ever kidnap foreign diplomats now.Just violate UN resolutions and sanctions.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

That the rest of the world would not find a way to move along. The world existed long before the US and there is no reason why it would not continue if the US decided to pull out.

The GWP is almost $70,000,000,000,000 so $55,500,000,000,000 would still be produced and available even if the US took its 14.5B out of the game.

ETA: Also the GDP of the EU is 17,611B so if we go by that then the EU is a bigger and more important player than the US. Add them to China and Japan and the US pulling out seems still less threatening.

edit on 12-1-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Nice throwing numbers out you don't understand.Now go back to the post you said was wrong.Factor in to that number.I also said to default on all treasury bonds (about 8 trillion) .Take 3 trillion away for the stop on imports.
Oh lets just stop there.So what are we at 23 trillion.About a third???

Even at the first figures you gave 20% yes the world would be thrown into turmoil.If you can't understand that.Like a previous poster said you should take economics 101.Look at my other post's I can and will admit when I am wrong.You can't!

Heck my posts are full of apologies and "I Stand Corrected)s

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It is not just the money the US spends in the international economy in fact that is a very small part of what the US contributes internationally. The US is the single largest military presence in the world and without it the world would destabilize into chaos. The US didn’t even want to get involved in Bosnia and Kosovo but the UN was powerless they couldn’t do anything even with UN troops on the ground, it took US intervention to quell that mess and that was the UKs backyard. Without US intervention the Middle East and Asia would destabilize without a doubt most likely resulting in WW3 so your view on the affect the US has on the world is seriously misinformed. You need to look at the big picture not just the small fragment you understand.

This is a movie you should watch.

www.theworldwithoutus.com...

Here is an offshoot of another movie I just watched I kind of giggled at it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join