It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the U.S.A is the most hated country in the world let's pull out

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

One "formative" incident occured around 2007, when the young technical analyst was working for the CIA under diplomatic cover in Geneva, Switzerland. It involved a Swiss banker, as described in the Guardian: CIA operatives were attempting to recruit a Swiss banker to obtain secret banking information. Snowden said they achieved this by purposely getting the banker drunk and encouraging him to drive home in his car. When the banker was arrested for drunk driving, the undercover agent seeking to befriend him offered to help, and a bond was formed that led to successful recruitment. "Much of what I saw in Geneva really disillusioned me about how my government functions and what its impact is in the world," he says. "I realised that I was part of something that was doing far more harm than good."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Get out more. See the world. Talk to people from other cultures. Get first-hand experience and be truly educated. Maybe then we will find some empathy left in our heart. We should stop trying to justify the harm the gov't (and the corporations behind it) is doing in its people's names....just to make ourselves feel better about our own complacency to stand up for what's truly right, ethical and humane.
edit on 10-6-2013 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
That crap might work with the fat lazy fools crying into there cheese burgers who get erections every time that flag is raised the rest of the world would gladly see you off tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
How many of you who are complaining about the USA have ever visited here for any length of time, or are you only going by propaganda against my country and cherry picking what we say ourselves, because we get angry at our own Gov't.?

I've read this entire thread and let some of it make me angry, but I refuse to get caught up in a pissing contest. Suffice it to say that I love my country even with all of our faults. WE the people are the same everywhere-good & bad & everything in between. None of us have control of our Gov'ts though.. and if you think otherwise you are mistaken.

Our dear leaders must be laughing at us bickering like children, as I've never heard so many (supposed) adults in one thread saying mines bigger (& better) than yours.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
How many of you who are complaining about the USA have ever visited here for any length of time, or are you only going by propaganda against my country and cherry picking what we say ourselves, because we get angry at our own Gov't.?

I've read this entire thread and let some of it make me angry, but I refuse to get caught up in a pissing contest. Suffice it to say that I love my country even with all of our faults. WE the people are the same everywhere-good & bad & everything in between. None of us have control of our Gov'ts though.. and if you think otherwise you are mistaken.

Our dear leaders must be laughing at us bickering like children, as I've never heard so many (supposed) adults in one thread saying mines bigger (& better) than yours.

I don't see this as a pissing contest. The OP put forward the idea of the US pulling out from other countries.
Its pretty clear that the majority of non Americans believe that your not helping with your fingers in so many pies.
Maybe were just fed up with turning on the tv and seeing country after country bombed to bits always with the same outcome...you leave and everything goes back to the way it was before with one difference...the country has been bombed to s***t and US has a bunch of new building and infrastructure repair contracts!

We believe we will be ok without you its that simple and the bulk of history shows your doing more harm than good for yourselves and others. This is about your Government and their foreign policy not your people.
Maybe its past due time you take your ball and go home.
edit on 12-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join