It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
reply to post by Night Star

Also, Thank you Night star for your contributions to this thread. It's been very positive and educational.

Awww, thanks! I am absolutely fascinated by these dolls. I love dolls and I love the paranormal so this is my favorite thread right now.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so my questions...

have you bid on the doll?
do you really know what you are going to do with it?
don't you think the two dolls should be together?
hcw you spoken to the owner of the doll?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by partsgirl
so my questions...

have you bid on the doll?
do you really know what you are going to do with it?
don't you think the two dolls should be together?
hcw you spoken to the owner of the doll?

I haven't bid on her yet. I usually wait til the end of auctions before bidding.
If the two dolls were reunited...what do you think might happen, given the high degree of paranormal activity associated with the dolls individually?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i think the two should be together. given the fact both have had activity with two different owners. i think putting them together may answer a lot about what has happened...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by partsgirl

I've just written to Claire's owner.
Does anyone here have any serious questions they would like to ask her owner?
edit on 14-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes. I'd like to know what other things may have happened since that video was recorded. Also, how much did the doll cost her?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OH...does she know who the doll maker was or what the country of origin was?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think the dolls are absolutely beautiful too. Would probably not want to have it in my house but non the less... The dress and headpiece are beautiful too. I wonder if putting the two dolls back together would have increased paranormal activity or put it all to rest...

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Where is the missing leg? How does someone lose a leg? It is not a small doll!

P

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

P

Good question. Maybe it got shattered and the owner didn't realise they had doll hospitals, or at least they used to. They could have repaired or replaced the leg.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
To me, she is such a lovely work of art! Both of the separated pair of dolls have lovely painted features and, although I don't know enough about this particular art form, the bisque, clothing, hand painted features, etc, all seem museum worthy in my perspective. Sadly, I am no worthy expert.

'S'okay, though - everything happens for a reason.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by pheonix358

P

Good question. Maybe it got shattered and the owner didn't realise they had doll hospitals, or at least they used to. They could have repaired or replaced the leg.

Take the good leg, scan it, reverse the image, print it on a 3D printer! Problem solved and she won't be leg-less any more. Oh, yea, I forgot to paint it to match the other one.

P

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The doll is up to 155.00 and two bidders seem to want her more than the others.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
folks,
I am the owner of Claire' and I want to buy the other doll. I really believe they need to be together. I have lived with Claire' for yrs. I know what has gone on and I knew nothing about what happen to the other doll until this auction. The auction house contaced me and explained to me the events around the snow princess. isn't if funny how both dolls with two different owners have these events. The big difference between the two dolls is the snow princess wasn't always nice. when she was put in a basement alone things would be broken and thrown. If you deicde to out bid me on the doll, please think about what you are doing. these dolls don't need to be stuck away in a basement. they don't like that. unless you are ready to take on what comes with them, you shouldn't buy her.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The weird part is, I'm falling in love with these creepy things. I think They're enchanted

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by partsgirl

So why not just say so in the first place or were you worried about being outbid? Can we see a pic of Claire? I think the two dolls should be together that would be awesome...assuming they don't hate each other :p

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Buy it. 10/1 says nothing will happen, and if it does and you find it unpleasant, I'll help you rid the negativity from it.

Originally posted by IAMTAT
As many of you may know, I have collected antiquities for many years; occasionally posting some of my more enigmatic and/or mysterious acquisitions here on ATS in order to avail myself of resident expertise, opinion...and criticism.

Previous threads:
Help With Translating Ancient Mysterious Artifact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who Is This Serpent Pharaoh?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In addition to an interest in enigmatic antiquities, I also maintain an avid interest in the paranormal. In fact, as of about a year ago, my brother-in-law and I became involved with so-called 'ghost hunting', have participated in a number of amateur expeditions...and, as a result, have met with a variety of results and varying degrees of success.

Now, these two interests have intersected in a unique opportunity...one which, unfortunately, does not come without it's own measure of personal trepidation; please allow me to explain:

Following antique auctions for many years now (NOT EBAY), has led me to the following item of interest, currently up for auction:
(Please note that I am editing and paraphrasing the particular item's lengthy catalog description in order to avoid giving too much information, so as to not be perceived as in any way advertising or promoting this particular lot or it's specific auction venue.)

This doll "has quite the pedigree.":

--has a bisque face and is almost life-sized
--is from the 1920's
--is one of a pair
--is reported to have belonged to the Newport (Kentucky) family that owned the infamous Beverly Hills Supper Club...(where a tragic fire took place in 1977, resulting in the death of 165 people) en.wikipedia.org...

--is known locally as the "Snow Princess" doll
--has been on display for years in a Newport antique store which has been well-documented as "experiencing
paranormal activity"
--the book "Newport Is Haunted" has stories about the two dolls and the "Snow Princess" doll is photographed
both within the book (page 46)...as well as on the back cover of the book

Apparently, in addition to being associated with great tragedy, paranormal activity has been documented to follow these two dolls around, with witnesses purportedly seeing this particular doll levitating and moving on it's own.

Collecting antique dolls have never really been my thing, but my interest in the paranormal has piqued my interest in this particular lot at auction...and I am now debating whether or not I should bid to acquire it for paranormal study (even though it's rather creepy-looking...and my wife thinks it downright ugly).

Lord knows, over the years I have accumulated many ancient artifacts from burial sites around the world, all of which continue to be on display in my home...and to this day, the purchase of any of them has never been met with my wife's objections, nor have any of these artifacts resulted in any manner of paranormal activity taking place within our home.

However, his item; this 'haunted' doll, worries her.
She reminded me of the notorious so-called haunted or cursed dibbuk box which was also purchased at auction and supposedly brought, in addition to paranormal activity, tragedy and misfortune to it's owners paranormal.lovetoknow.com...

So, ATS, I'm torn here. Part of me wants to win this particular lot at auction, keep the damned thing out of sight and study it...and part of me, along with my wife, is hesitant to become it's owner for the fear (however unfounded or irrational that fear may be) that this thing may actually bring misfortune into our happy home.

Naturally, I fully expect the usual ridicule, but I am specifically interested in hearing serious opinion and/or any personal stories regarding the purchase of co-called haunted or cursed objects.

Thank you.
-TAT

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameliel
Buy it. 10/1 says nothing will happen, and if it does and you find it unpleasant, I'll help you rid the negativity from it.

DON'T buy it! didn't you read the owner of claire wants to buy the snow princess and unite them? come on man, it's obvious now that the only person who should win the SP is the owner of her sister.

it would be heartless and intentionally mean to buy the doll out from under her now.

of course, if you really wanted to piss off SP that would be the way to do it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If you are concerned enough to have posted about it (and it's good that you vocalized your concerns), the answer is obvious: do not buy it.

The subsconscious is like an iceberg. It can wreak havoc that you may not be able to redress.
I don't think it's worth it.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
WOW.
Okay...I found the OTHER doll.
Her name is 'Claire'.
Youtube of owner talking about paranormal occurences in her home aftr she brought it home.
www.youtube.com...

Actually, this may even be the SAME Snow Princess....from a previous owner in 2009. I'm not sure yet. Waiting to hear from the current owner of the other doll.
edit on 14-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

Hey again TAT ... this is a great thread and I too think the dolls are beautiful.

However ... when I clicked the link for the video I have to confess I got a real chill when I saw that the second doll 'Claire' is currently residing in AURORA (of all the places in the US) ... now Aurora (not sure if I spelt it correctly) as you will all recall is the place where the guy killed all those people in the theatre during ther Dark Knight movie ... is this coincidence (?) ... yes maybe it is.

But remember how everyone said the guy had such a vacant / detatched look in his eye (almost like he was possessed in fact) !

It would be very interesting to know if the guy had ever seen the doll / had any connection to the doll ... or whether the theatre had a connection to the doll in some way !

Another thought that crossed my mind was what if one doll is good and the other bad ... what if they were separated because the badness is stronger when they are together ???

So may questions and so many things to consider

Woody

edit on 16-1-2013 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join