It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As many of you may know, I have collected antiquities for many years; occasionally posting some of my more enigmatic and/or mysterious acquisitions here on ATS in order to avail myself of resident expertise, opinion...and criticism.

Previous threads:
Help With Translating Ancient Mysterious Artifact:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who Is This Serpent Pharaoh?:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In addition to an interest in enigmatic antiquities, I also maintain an avid interest in the paranormal. In fact, as of about a year ago, my brother-in-law and I became involved with so-called 'ghost hunting', have participated in a number of amateur expeditions...and, as a result, have met with a variety of results and varying degrees of success.

Now, these two interests have intersected in a unique opportunity...one which, unfortunately, does not come without it's own measure of personal trepidation; please allow me to explain:

Following antique auctions for many years now (NOT EBAY), has led me to the following item of interest, currently up for auction:
(Please note that I am editing and paraphrasing the particular item's lengthy catalog description in order to avoid giving too much information, so as to not be perceived as in any way advertising or promoting this particular lot or it's specific auction venue.)

This doll "has quite the pedigree.":

--has a bisque face and is almost life-sized
--is from the 1920's
--is one of a pair
--is reported to have belonged to the Newport (Kentucky) family that owned the infamous Beverly Hills Supper Club...(where a tragic fire took place in 1977, resulting in the death of 165 people) en.wikipedia.org...

--is known locally as the "Snow Princess" doll
--has been on display for years in a Newport antique store which has been well-documented as "experiencing
paranormal activity"
--the book "Newport Is Haunted" has stories about the two dolls and the "Snow Princess" doll is photographed
both within the book (page 46)...as well as on the back cover of the book

Apparently, in addition to being associated with great tragedy, paranormal activity has been documented to follow these two dolls around, with witnesses purportedly seeing this particular doll levitating and moving on it's own.

Collecting antique dolls have never really been my thing, but my interest in the paranormal has piqued my interest in this particular lot at auction...and I am now debating whether or not I should bid to acquire it for paranormal study (even though it's rather creepy-looking...and my wife thinks it downright ugly).

Lord knows, over the years I have accumulated many ancient artifacts from burial sites around the world, all of which continue to be on display in my home...and to this day, the purchase of any of them has never been met with my wife's objections, nor have any of these artifacts resulted in any manner of paranormal activity taking place within our home.

However, his item; this 'haunted' doll, worries her.
She reminded me of the notorious so-called haunted or cursed dibbuk box which was also purchased at auction and supposedly brought, in addition to paranormal activity, tragedy and misfortune to it's owners paranormal.lovetoknow.com...

So, ATS, I'm torn here. Part of me wants to win this particular lot at auction, keep the damned thing out of sight and study it...and part of me, along with my wife, is hesitant to become it's owner for the fear (however unfounded or irrational that fear may be) that this thing may actually bring misfortune into our happy home.

Naturally, I fully expect the usual ridicule, but I am specifically interested in hearing serious opinion and/or any personal stories regarding the purchase of co-called haunted or cursed objects.

Thank you.
-TAT

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Don't do it..........
I am fasinated with this stuff as are you. But ask yourself this question, "Are you prepared for what it might bring?"..........

Just sayin my friend, I would much rather read about someone elses mistake and misfortune, rather than be the person everyone else is reading about.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Thank you, seeker. Still, I would love to know if there really is any actual evidence to be gained from studying this thing. I wish I knew if it was only an object conducive to paranormal activity...rather than some cursed object...bringing misfortune.
One would expect many of my collected ancient effigy objects to have been 'cursed' at some point, but they have never shown any activity or brought negativity into our home.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Well, I do understand your wanting to know my friend, but if you do please keep in touch with me and let me know what happens (if anything)! You are a very brave person and I do applaud you for having more courage than I ever could with an experiment like this!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I would avoid it if I were you.I had a close friend who had some scary paranormal events start in his home after he bought an old wooden dresser;He eventually got rid of it and the problems stopped.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by a762guy
I would avoid it if I were you.I had a close friend who had some scary paranormal events start in his home after he bought an old wooden dresser;He eventually got rid of it and the problems stopped.

Hi, what type of scary paranormal events did your friend experience from the dresser?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Would certainly be an object of interest, but I wouldn't want it in my home. Where would you keep the damned thing? That is the question.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Would certainly be an object of interest, but I wouldn't want it in my home. Where would you keep the damned thing? That is the question.

LOL...good question. I was actually hoping my brother-in-law might keep it at his house so we could study it...but I'm pretty sure his wife would object, as well. On top of it all, it would really clash with our decor...something else my wife pointed out to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Haunted dolls always creep me out and that's why movies about haunted dolls are some of my favorites. But I would never own one, whether it's really haunted or not, because the one thing that scares the crap out of me is a doll coming to life. So my advice to you is not buy it but since that's what you do, buy this kinda stuff, then I say buy it. Then put a camera on it 24/7, night vision most definitely included.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Thanks, Swills. I'm still debating.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not only do I think she is ugly, she is creepy and life size.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The room it was in started to feel really uncomfortable(negative & sad).Things would get knocked off the counters in the bathroom connected to the room and his daughter who was around 3 at the time became very scared of something she called a "dinosaur". MY friend lived in this home for close to 15 years before this started I even lived in the room for about 6 months and it was a great house to be in until he bought the dresser.After he got rid of it thing went back to normal; no more "dinosaur".The whole thing was really creepy and it was first I ever heard of a haunted or cursed object.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by a762guy

Wow...great story. Thank you for sharing that.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Iamtat is right. I have seen enough on our excursions to know that there exists something which I cannot explain. In some sense, I am content to be ignorant to what goes bump in the night now that I know they exist. I personally know of no one that has had a negative experience. I also think it takes a tremendous amount of energy for a small manifestation of whatever these things are to create a auditory hallucination, a shadow that moves quickly, energetic orbs, EVP, etc. you get the idea.

With that said, I would like to investigate and post results on our website. I also have a drop cam that records to an off premise DVR 7 hours of activity and sends email alerts if it detects sound or video triggers. So, Iamtat... if you do get it, we put in a room in YOUR basement with the wireless cam on it where it can be monitored remotely and data saved (go to dropcam.com).

Great post!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Iamtat is right. I have seen enough on our excursions to know that there exists something which I cannot explain. In some sense, I am content to be ignorant to what goes bump in the night now that I know they exist. I personally know of no one that has had a negative experience. I also think it takes a tremendous amount of energy for a small manifestation of whatever these things are to create a auditory hallucination, a shadow that moves quickly, energetic orbs, EVP, etc. you get the idea.

With that said, I would like to investigate and post results on our website. I also have a drop cam that records to an off premise DVR 7 hours of activity and sends email alerts if it detects sound or video triggers. So, Iamtat... if you do get it, we put in a room in YOUR basement with the wireless cam on it where it can be monitored remotely and data saved (go to dropcam.com).

Great post!

How about YOUR basement, bro?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You buy it and I have a small room in the basement I could put it. The drop cam has night vision so we could both monitor it online from anywhere in the world.

The only thing is my wife isn't to happy about that thought, especially when I travel on business.
edit on 12-1-2013 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I just saw the picture and that thing is all kinda creepy. I have to wonder why you would consider putting it in your brother in laws house;is he a butt hole or are you?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

I don't blame her. That doll is going to some other lucky person.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Best case scenario. You end up spending a lot of money on a non haunted item that your wife hates.

Worst case scenario. You end up spending a lot of money on a levitating, tragedy inducing, haunted item that your wife hates.

It's lose lose, don't do it!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thank you, davespanners. My thoughts exactly..lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join