It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunted 'Snow Princess' Doll: To Bid...Or Not To Bid!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

LOL...maybe I am a butt hole for considering this.
Still, there's no reserve...and I just might be able to get it quite inexpensively.
Still, there's that 'wife hating it' aspect to all of this...SHE may haunt and curse me even if the doll doesn't.

edit on 12-1-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I'm just having fun, but on the serious side the dresser incident lasted a few months because no one involved even considered haunted home furnishings but the whole thing was traumatic for his family.There were a few times he ran upstairs with a pistol because of the noise to find things on the floor; His wife took it very hard because his daughter was so afraid of the "dinosaur" that she wouldn't let them out of her sight.They even had a priest come out and bless the house I want to say 3 different times.After seeing what they went through I am extremely careful about what I bring into my life.
Take Care

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dolls creep me out haunted or not...

edit on 12-1-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would not. Whether or not it is really haunted or "cursed" - if bad things happened after your brought the doll into your lives, you would be left with the guilt and wondering if your decision caused tragedy in your family. Or you could also be blamed for any future tragedies in your family that people link (correctly or incorrectly) to the doll. Why invite that into your life? Also, it sounds like a recipe for some marital drama, if nothing else.

If you do get it, I wouldn't bring into your home or anyone elses. Maybe rent a small storage unit. Run your experiments there. Have a motion-detection camera set up there - see what you get. But don't bring it into anyone's home, including your home - for the above mentioned reasons.

Good luck! I understand the temptation, but I'd stay away from it for both paranormal and totally normal reasons.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I saw a 'Destination Truth' on that Doll island. Actually, it was one of the more interesting episodes...and quite creepy evidence-wise.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You missed it, I first link to that Episode but now they want to charge $1.99 to watch the whole Destination Truth on Youtube.

I think that's outrageous so I replaced it with another video.
No need to give them free advertisement.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ugh. I am generally, as a rule, anti - doll. When I was a child, I swear, one attacked me. Friends of the parents we were visiting. Well, it could have been my imagination, but never the less, I oppose dolls of any sort now, lol.

Your curiosity and possible inexpensive acquisition may cost you more than you bargain for. I do hope you keep us updated if you do, cause that takes stones...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not only do I think she is ugly, she is creepy and life size.

That is a rather interesting looking doll. Is there any information on the age of the doll, thecountry it's from or its maker? If it isn't haunted, you could easily re-sell to a doll collector.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
reply to post by IAMTAT

Not only do I think she is ugly, she is creepy and life size.

That is a rather interesting looking doll. Is there any information on the age of the doll, thecountry it's from or its maker? If it isn't haunted, you could easily re-sell to a doll collector.

The doll is from the 1920's, is almost life-size...and is one of a pair. They don't tell us what it country of origin is.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
OH, I found the page where she is being auctioned off for cheap so far. I think it's worth the price even in the condition it's in with missing fingers and one leg. It really is quite an interesting doll and one that a collector would appreciate owning. As for being haunted, you won't know unless you purchase the doll.

The thing is, if it is indeed haunted and causes tragedy or trouble, you wouldn't in good conscience sell it to someone else. Hmmmm, Lorraine Warren would probably take it for her musuem of haunted items.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would study up on my possesed objects literature.I don't know if true or not but do you want to risk bring demonic influence into your home and family to find"the truth".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I have to admit that I have some reservations at this point.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I'm glad you found it...good detective work. I didn't want to give away any info. about the auction house, as they might frown upon it here. If you want to bid on it..YES...it IS still very inexpensive...and the auction still has about five more days or so.I would be willing to let you get it...IF you would be willing to keep us posted on your paranormal research regarding the item.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
C'mon Iamtat! Just get it you big chicken!

(Just teasing you)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

I'm a little chicken...but I'm negotiating with the wife; you know how your sister can be.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT

I'm glad you found it...good detective work. I didn't want to give away any info. about the auction house, as they might frown upon it here. If you want to bid on it..YES...it IS still very inexpensive...and the auction still has about five more days or so.I would be willing to let you get it...IF you would be willing to keep us posted on your paranormal research regarding the item.

I have enough problems in my life right now. You can have the doll!

I wonder if the doll is truly haunted? So intriguing.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I looked up more info in any, on google about that doll, and she is 67 inches tall. I am only 61 inches 'tall' (5'1") and so this doll would give me a real fright!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

They say it's almost life-size. I would love to read the other info on this doll you found. Can you please post the links?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I was away from the forum for a bit. Here is where I looked up Snow Princess.
Link

(the full link don't appear, I guess copy&paste to browser...)

Edit To Ad
That does not work. Only thing that works for me is you put snow princess doll in their search box, and she comes right up.
edit on 12-1-2013 by Saucerwench because: x

edit on 18-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Fixed link

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Not intriguing at all if it is true. Can you imagine if it was? total chaos.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join