It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Lots of room why not have the backside cleared and start blasting

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Friendly reminder to others, lets not turn it into a race debate, not that it has, but I feel there are some people around ATS that will take this south. I appreciate the healthy discussion so far, thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Didn't sharpton get the memo? Mt Rushmore ain't for people of dark complexion

I'm sure a lot of members here wouldn't have a problem if dubya's head was carved along Washington's ....afterall you're only evil if you're a "liberal"

Hardly no one wants to see GW's face on Rushmore either.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why not, he's already won the nobel peace prize and been named Time magazine's person of the year several times, all for doing nothing. So why not? I say minds well put his face on Rushmore too..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'd rather see the Native Indians carved in stone than anymore whites immortalized on mountains of countries that failed to protect the original inhabitants. Subsequent generations are not to blame, but stop immortalizing failed polices and political ideals.

I'm white.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Reading the posts in this thread is proof that ATS is devolving into a grand game of "whisper down the lane". Start with a post that Al Sharpton thinks that Obama is at least as good a POTUS as Roosevelt and watch the dogpile of "ZOMG!!! Obama is going to force the USA to put his own face onto Mt. Rushmore! Oh noes!!!"

If you can't read the OP of a thread, research the sources that are mentioned in the OP, and process them in a critical fashion, you're part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, it seems the consensus is that we shouldn't immortalize anymore non influential people into stone, That is a valid argument, despite some of Lincoln's flaws, I believe he's justified to have a spot there, and George Washington does as well, but like a poster did say, we did take this land from the natives, and nobody really pays tribute to them.

Interesting opinions have been brought forth, and I appreciate it.

edit on 1/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

The only reason this is even getting any air time is because of his color...oh my, did I play the race card? Shame on me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
None of the people on Mt.Rushmore deserve to be on it.

Plus that land belongs to the native americans, US violated the treaty.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No, he doesn't deserve it

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by eXia7

The only reason this is even getting any air time is because of his color...oh my, did I play the race card? Shame on me.

Heh, be that as it may, would you agree with Al Sharpton, or should we chisel superman's handsome face up there, because I feel he's done more for the people than obama, and he doesn't even exist

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

So according to Sharpton, Obama's only qualification for going on Mt. Rushmore is because he is black, well 1/2 black.

Dee dee deeeeeeee!
edit on 12-1-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

lol, Mt. Rushmore... Obama would fit right in with George "The Town Destroyer" Washington.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Al Sharpton popped his head out today. Six more weeks of racist bullish*t.

Why is this guy still getting airtime anywhere?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
People are so dumb now, they probably would f**k Mount Rushmore all up while trying to put in another face. It takes skill to carve faces into the side of mountains with TNT. They don't have skillz today like they used to.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I agree with Sharpton.

Not strongly...I would just get a kick out of the fringe right's heads exploding when seeing Obama's face set in stone for all time.

But its a moot point. No generation alive should set in stone anyones face..that is for future generations to decide on when the long term effects are felt...the day to day understanding is jaded with skewed views, small thinking, and with no true comprehension of how things will play out.

Fast forward 200 years..you may see Carter's face carved on the mountain...wouldn't have seen that one coming, but who knows what seeds planted today will bloom down the line.

Anyhow, no worries. in 10 years from now, we will have to be listening about how Obama was a moderate wonderful president verses the current Dem...you know..how the right loves Clinton now for some reason and pretend they all got along (even though they impeached him to no avail).

short memorys...ya..put down the chisel and let people wiser than this generation decide who did well..because fox news nor msnbc should decide what is good for the future..considering they make their living on endlessly talking about whats bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Al Sharpton is in it for the money and always has been. Obama will be a famous president in the future for doing the unpopular thing about our health care problem. Its a big problem when your charged 9 thousand dollars for a 15 minute baby delivery. I dont like Obama at all and i hate his and congresses sneaky tax schemes, but i feel he deserves some credit for trying to get the health care industry and the insurance scams under control.Not so much credit to be put on mt Rushmore, but maybe he should get an award for being the most divisive president in history.

Obama will be our president, ruler, and dictator for years to come. Dont say you would never allow it or you would never allow him to take your guns. WE LET THEM CHEAT THEIR WAY TO A SECOND TERM THROUGH FRAUD AND MANIPULATION AND WE DID NOTHING AND WE WILL DO NOTHING WHEN HE TAKES OUR GUNS AND OUR RIGHTS.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
WE LET THEM CHEAT THEIR WAY TO A SECOND TERM THROUGH FRAUD AND MANIPULATION AND WE DID NOTHING AND WE WILL DO NOTHING WHEN HE TAKES OUR GUNS AND OUR RIGHTS.

That's right...
He totally cheated by being likeable and having a bunch of people vote for him and sway the electrical college..damn cheating..bit like how some people cheat on school tests by studying before the test.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Do all Republicans overreact to every little thing or just the ones that are here? Al Sharpton said it. It's not like Obama proclaimed himself King of America and made it into a law. Settle down.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth
Do all Republicans overreact to every little thing or just the ones that are here? Al Sharpton said it. It's not like Obama proclaimed himself King of America and made it into a law. Settle down.

I don't think people are freaking out because they think obama ordered this, I think they are just talking about how absurd and deluded al sharpton has to be. And that he isn't very factual.
edit on 1/13/2013 by eXia7 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join