It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

ABBY HUNTSMAN: You look at Reagan, he ended the Cold War. I think they have to have a legacy that changed America. Obama was the first black president. That is something that will always be remembered.

AL SHARPTON: And he stopped two wars and the whole question of finance reform on Wall Street and health care. I mean, he has done some concrete things. I can, again, the reason I raised Teddy Roosevelt is that a lot of people could say that Teddy Roosevelt was more of a character than a transformative president. I can name, literally, things that President Obama has done. Now, I’m going to say that if Teddy Roosevelt is the measure, I think it strengthens the case for President Obama.

Teddy Roosevelt is credited with accomplishments such as completing the Panama Canal and establishing the National Parks system. Historians typically rank Roosevelt among the top five greatest presidents.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to point out that president Obama doesn't deserve his face on a normal piece of paper much less Mt. Rushmore. I can't believe they even would consider putting Obama next to any of those patriots on that mountain. It would be kind of hypocritical to put somebody who wishes to destroy the constitution next to either one of the two men who actually helped us acquire our freedoms.

Sharpton is full of it.

Source
edit on 1/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

fine.. so he'll just remove the other faces and leave his alone!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well Obama IS acting like a Dictator,
And dont dictators have a need to see themselves on posters murals and statues?

uh-huh....as all republican right-wingers point out on ATS day after day. and using the word dictator?....c'mon, there are so many other vulgar and retched names you can use....just hit the ATS search button on "Obama", and there will be thousands of posts to help you.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Benjamin Franklin? OK. John Wayne? OK. I can't think of anyone else deserving of it. I am sure there are more though. I another note. It would be nice to see it finished as envisioned.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Wow....anyone have a video of this?? I mean coming from Sharpton doesnt mean that much but this guy since he has gotten his own show on MSNBC is a complete tool.

Amazing!!!

There is a 7 minute video at my source, it's not a youtube video, so I don't think I can link it here

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
OMG, it's already happening!

m.topix.com...

Pladuim

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Benjamin Franklin? OK. John Wayne? OK. I can't think of anyone else deserving of it. I am sure there are more though. I another note. It would be nice to see it finished as envisioned.

Of course John Wayne. And Jimmy Swaggert. Hilary Clinton. Allen Dulles. Patton. Anita Bryant. J.P Morgan. Paris Hilton. Benjamin Netanyahu. John D. Rockefeller. Goodness! We're going to need some more mountains!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
Good thing there isn't any place on Rushmore to put his face, or we would all be in trouble eh? That to me is an absolute INSULT, that he would even consider trashing Mt Rushmore in that fashion. I've nothing against folks of other ethnicities, but this guy's track record speaks for itself. Yes I know presidents do what others tell them to do, but pawn or no, at some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee, no?

The fact that Mt. Rushmore even exists in its present state is an insult in and of itself. Irreparably vandalizing an entire mountain to immortalize the mugs of famous people is a most succinct representation of American contempt for the environment. Obama and his ilk love to flaunt their supposed environmentalism.

Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
As a side note, I think examples like this are the best evidence to date for multiple demensions/realities. Because a lot of these people do not live in the same reality that I live in. It perfectly exemplifies how psychosis is the norm in a psychotic world, as a psychotic world is a comfortable place for the mentally disturbed. It is a world that makes a sane person question their own mental stability because their thoughts seem so out of the norm.
edit on 12-1-2013 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Obama stopped 2 wars oh that is so rich

The war on the rich
The war on guns
The war for free birth control pills
The war to vanquish Wall Street.
The war on libya
The war in Syria
The war in Pakistan

Obama's Face on Rushmore?

Clearly Sharpton and his ilk are not living in reality.

South Dakota is red country wouldn't expect his face to last if they did.

Remember "obama cause hes the first black president"-----------Clearly racists.
edit on 12-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

the cold war never ended. why do you think every powerful nation has been pursuing military research with such gusto? reagan is responsible for some very horrible things, like the contra scandal. tens of thousands were killed so he could install puppets.

and teddy finishing the panama canal? we funded a rebel force to overthrow the government in panama so we could build it.

come to think of it, there hasn't been a president in a very long time who wasn't guilty of mass murder, war crimes, terrorism, etc.

if obama is put on mount rushmore, i'd consider it an act of defacing a national monument.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When did Obama stop two wars?

Didn't he also start a couple while continuing others?

What planet is Sharpton on?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Obama is ready, and has nothing to lose.

That alone should scare the hell out of everyone, even Sharpton.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He isnt, he is busy finding a woman for his government.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
When did Obama stop two wars?

Didn't he also start a couple while continuing others?

What planet is Sharpton on?

I don't know man, I can't quite wrap my head around it either..

He has definitely been snacking on his own brand.
edit on 1/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I was wondering something similar. There is no actual change. Some old stuff still going on.

Old Al must be very gullible.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by eXia7

if obama is put on mount rushmore, i'd consider it an act of defacing a national monument.

It already is a defaced national monument. When an individual tags a wall on a street corner, they get fined and (for repeat offenders) thrown in jail. When the state does basically the same thing, except on a much more massive scale, they set off fireworks and throw a party.

If anyone in this government was serious about respecting the environment they'd cut off all funding to maintain the place and just let it revert back to its natural state... which would take a few million years at least, but you have to start somewhere.

In this political battle of egos everyone seems to forget that it doesn't matter who is on the mountain. You don't go around carving up mountains for the sake of art, whatever it's motivated by. It could be a likeness of Jesus sculpted by Michelangelo. You just don't do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
AL SHARPTON is a charlatan and a moron obviously he either skipped history class or never actually attended school.

Beside that, first is not room for Obama or any other face in Rushmore perhaps let just carve a smaller rock so we can just sit on it while admiring the real art work of a by gone era where 400 workers under the supervision of Gutzon Borglum did the deed

Still while we attribute the whole sculpture to the greatness of the presidents faces, it was actually a gig played by Doane Robinson to promote tourism to South Dakota.

How about that for history.

edit on 12-1-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I am all for putting Obama under Mt Rushmore... Oh wait he was talking ... never mind..

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just threw up a little in my mouth. The only thing Obama and Sharpton deserve is a mugshot and inmate number for crimes against the people. They are both racist sycophants that absolutely LOATHE White people.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Didn't sharpton get the memo? Mt Rushmore ain't for people of dark complexion

I'm sure a lot of members here wouldn't have a problem if dubya's head was carved along Washington's ....afterall you're only evil if you're a "liberal"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join