It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackie Chan's Anti-Americanism: "America is the most corrupt country in the world!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I fully agree with you under the 1st amendment, but then, am I to support even if LIES or unsubstantiated allegations are made, such as those from this thread?

There IS a difference between supporting the 1st amendment and supporting lies, falsehoods, etc.

The 1st amendment gives freedom of speech, but had NEVER meant to blindly support falsehoods in any form.

May more realize such facts, or the likes of jackie, piers morgan, etc will only run rampant and destroy all that the founding fathers had sacrificedtheir lives for us all.

There is also a difference between being kind and hospital to a guest, as is a code of time treasured tradition and honor amongst all civlisation, and acceptance to his insults when he leaves. Thus I comprehend the calls for that hypocrite liar jackie and limey fool piers morgan to be deported.
edit on 12-1-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Speaking of denying ignorance..

How many countries in the world can you speak out against your government or country?

Also, when it comes to criticizing our government, do we want the truth or what makes us feel good?
edit on 12-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- François-Marie Arouet (21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

He has done more for the world than you will in 100 lifetimes.
www.looktothestars.org...

He has said he will give his entire fortune to charity after his death.
Plus the fact he has inspired people and entertained them for many years.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Who says America isnt the most corrupt?

Corruption is the American way. Corruption is normal and accepted in America,

This is great because I am sick of all the anti-China nonsense that comes from America. America knows that China is taking their place at the top and there is nothing America can do about it. Other than cry about how nasty mean old China is. Poor America. So pathetic and desperate.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The insignificant nobody me cares not what that proven liar and hypocrite had achieved in his miserable greedy lifetime or claims. But there are civilised rules one, regardless of rich or poor or whatever the differences, must honor within society and civilisation so that we may all co-exist in peace.

We are free to speak up, to criticize, but with that power comes responsibility, to be honest. Had he? None. It is his flaw, and his life to deal with, not me to live it for him.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's not illegal to lie unless you swore under oath you wouldn't lie prior to making the statement.

So if they don't swear to tell the truth within a specific jurisdiction, they can pretty much lie all they want and get away legally in 99% of all cases, although there are clearly some exceptions I'm sure we can list a few dozen just as an exercise.

My percent was an arbitrary estimate to make a point, not an actual figure, just being honest here.

What is the solution? Use your 1st Amendment Speech to expose their specific claims as falsehoods. That way the facts can speak for themselves and the truth will be obvious to the vast majority witnessing the counter-points.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Any takers?
I can't seem to find online the number of countries that allow you to publicly speak out against your government or country.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Please stop with the name calling also, No 1st on ATS read the T&C.
At least be civil.
edit on 12-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by boymonkey74

We are free to speak up, to criticize, but with that power comes responsibility, to be honest. Had he? None. It is his flaw, and his life to deal with, not me to live it for him.

Indeed, with power comes responsibility and the scumbag politicians and their lobbyists do more damage to this country than any actor does.

How do we get the filthy lobbyists and bankster scum out of our government?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Jackie Chan is an international figure, he is from Hong Kong, which has it's own government for most things, and is hardly a 'red under the bed' as is the veiled accusation in the article. Is the Washington Post going Joe McCarthyist over what Chan has said just because he is a foreigner? It wasn't so long ago that the Post accused Democrat Senator Reid of of using McCarthy tactics over the Mitt Romney, "pays no taxes" affair, quite rightly so if Reid had no evidence, but then nobody rightly knows do they? It's all rather childish, nobody needs to agree with Chan, or like some poster telling Chan to go home, or Piers Morgan for that matter, that's a bit like saying the spirit of the first amendment is only allowable for Americans.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
He is entitled to his opinion period. I find it so amusing and sometimes a little frightening that no one can speak their minds anymore. I thought that's what was so great about us but now everyone is forced into apologizing for speaking their mind.

Grow up people, others think differently than you do. He's still fine in my book.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HenryNorris
Who says America isnt the most corrupt?

Corruption is the American way. Corruption is normal and accepted in America,

In reality it isn't China or America or Nazis or Ethiopians or whatever.

It's human beings. Of any race, creed, whatever.
Humans all face the same challenges in life.

All humans are extremely similar biologically, so similar that mere superficial racial or ethnic differences wouldn't amount to enough to actually make any one specific group more corrupt than any other specific group. History books are full of examples pointing in this direction, that we are indeed equals.

All of these imaginary divisions we have created are in reality, delusions.
I don't want to be delusional as much as anyone else wants to avoid it, so I am going strongly towards the anti-delusion exit doorway.

All of us can make the same mistakes, we can all commit wrong.
No one has a propensity more than anyone else, it's random and arbitrary.

It is extremely dangerous when we start actually believing in fake divisions like nationality, race, religion, whatever. We need to balance our tendency to believe in fictions with a tendency to question the merits of our beliefs.

edit on 12-1-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
Any takers?
I can't seem to find online the number of countries that allow you to publicly speak out against your government or country.

Nevermind. I found a site that has freedom index for the countries of the world.

www.freedomhouse.org...

Looks like were far from alone in that respect.

and

Freedom of Speech by country

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-1-2013 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
He is entitled to his opinion period. I find it so amusing and sometimes a little frightening that no one can speak their minds anymore. I thought that's what was so great about us but now everyone is forced into apologizing for speaking their mind.

Grow up people, others think differently than you do. He's still fine in my book.

Exactly, it's all shades of McCarthy again, and McCarthy was only a bandwagoneer, and late to the blame game, be he sure did tear the arse out of it, and probably destroyed lives too.

London, so far as I know, still has the soapboxers at Hyde park corner, they can rant all day there, just like the Westboro's can safely do, come to think of them, could there not be a petition to deport them somewhere, say American Samoa

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Having read the article here is what can be stated:

Jackie Chan is a talented artist. His performances entertained many for so long. But does it deny him the right to an opinion, or the right to state that opinion? At the heart of this matter, is the view that he sees that America is corrupt all based off of an interview he did in Hong Kong, and done in Chinese.

So what exactly is the problem with this, can any one see the problems if he did not state that opinion, or if he failed to toe the party line in China?

Is the US full of or ripe with corruption, yes. Anyone who does not want to admit that truth, well they are not paying attention to the current events, just try and get away with what say Lindsay Lohan gets away with and then think if the system is not corrupt or not. Or try to get away with what those who walk the halls of power gets away with and see how far you get.

No, it is not anti american, if anything it should be a wake up call to all of us to see how things are going and more importantly how things are percieved. The perception of the USA has gone down, way down in the view of the world, and continues to keep dropping, when we tout that everyone is equal to the same laws, yet you see in the headlines where one person who is rich and famous gets a lighter sentence than say the person off the street, that is a good indication of corruption in the very system that we are so adament to protect, and even threaten to kick out people.

Recently people are stating kick this group out or declare this one illegale all cause they have a message that is not popular, yet very few are willing to stand up and protect those rights for all, including the most distasteful of messages.

Has anyone ever stopped, in this case, those who are questioning Jackie Chan and his statement, what would have happened if he stated something that the Chinese government did not like? What would have happened to his family? Something tells me that in a country where censorship is very commonplace, he could have lost his home, or worse as a reprisal for one statement.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

The truth hurts. Once I saw America as the bastion for Freedom. Now when I think about your country all is see is blood on the hands of a corrupt goverment of immoral bastards who have sold their souls.
edit on 12-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Right on Smurf, the spirit of what our nation was intended to be by the good people of this nation, not some politicians desire but OUR intentions and OUR desire, was for freedom and peace and prosperity.

I wish this more than anything for us all for things to just work out positively.

The MOST important freedom in this nation is to attack the government and system vocally, I invite all foreigners to chime in and grant their insights about what they believe or observe from their perspective or on their propaganda media outlets.

I am not an American that plays games with the Constitution, I Actually believe in it..
One of my only beliefs that has resisted all attempts at questioning (99.9%)

Even if your full of it, I dont care. I'll win if you're lying because the truth always wins in the end.

I actually can and will do justice to the arbitrary labels and stereotypes that are considered false echos of a long lost time. They were never lost they were always here and its time to reveal freedom to everyone.

I dare everyone of you, American or not, to light that fire within and embrace freedom for those you disagree with or dislike or even hate with all your heart. Love your enemies?

I hold no ill will against any of you.

I will set the bar no higher than we set it ourselves millennium ago.
The goal isnt' to live up to our ideals, the goal is to try. Of course we cant but trying gives us a chance.

Freedom of speech. Speak and I will listen and take you seriously as a human being.
All I ask is for the favor to be shared between us all equally.

Let's live up to the crap we claim to believe in for once.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is embarrassing but true. We weren't completely corrupt until our intelligence services and the military-industrial complex found their legs. We were done by the 50's.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It is a little better to read the original Post's story, the examiner article is ropey,

www.washingtonpost.com...

The interview itself is all translated.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join